Guardian Angel

Entwined Destinies

"Well, it kind of slipped--"
   "Oh, please, what other reason would you come here for?"
   At this, Taeyeon knew she was stumped for an answer. She looked nervously up at him. She was taken aback when she saw he was looking extremelyupset and down. Aigo, eottoke? Taeyeon thought to herself. I blew it for sure now, and he knows it all.
   Realizing there was nothing better to do, Taeyeon took a deep breath.
   "So, was it you?"
   Leeteuk's face looked stony and frozen, as if he didn't know how to answer. Taeyeon's heart sank and she felt her own eyes reacting to it as well.
   "Oppa..?" she tried one more time.
   "I can't answer you," Leeteuk sighed in defeated. He slumped his shoulders down.
   Taeyeon's eyes started to get foggier. "Annyo, oppa, don't tell me--"
   "If I were to say I didn't do it at this point, would you actually believe me anyways?"
   Taeyeon was taken aback at this comment. In her heart, she'd expected this meeting to be awkward and cold. She thought she would be able to shield off all his friendly smiles and sociable jokes and act like she did that night. But instead, she forgot all about that night.
   And now he was asking her to trust him again. What if it was all an act? It pained her heart to think that such an option actually existed, but it was truly what she believed for the longest time.
   "I think I got to go now," Taeyeon said abruptly and stupidly. She stood up and started dialing a number on her phone.
   Leeteuk was now the one who looked taken aback.
   "Wait, you can't just leave like that!" he announced suddenly. Taeyeon uttered a quick miahne and started walking towards the door as fast as she could. Desparate for a proper answer, Leeteuk lunged forward and grabbed her arm as quick as he could. She let out a little screech as she lost her balance and toppled backwards. Leeteuk's eyes widened and he reached his other arm out to catch her. Taeyeon landed abruptly into his open arms, and he held her tightly.
   "Aigo! Taeyeon-ah! Kinchena?! Miahne!" Leeteuk babbled worriedly.
   But Taeyeon was in shock, she could not answer him, and it wasn't entirely because Leeteuk's arms were around her.

  It was by the rush of hidden memories that suddenly filled her mind.
 

*********************************


   "It's coming back to me.
    On that day...she was soaking wet...she was truly heartbroken. She didn't want to accept it because she didn't truly know what that feeling was. But what other reason could it be? What other reason would explain why a girl would push herself to such a state for someone who was practically a stranger?
   Of course, she had deep feelings for that someone who did not feel the same way. She was heartbroken.

   She was me.


   It was as if the rain washed away all those mislead feelings I had for him that day. Because through all that, I was thinking of that person. That person dressed all in white. That person that I'd forgotten until now. He had a charming and tired smile, and strong arms which comforted me the entire way. He'd rescued me from the curse that I'd place on myself for getting too close to a stranger. It was then that I knew it was him who'd cured those seemingly mistaken feelings, not the useless rain. He was the angel that ressurected from the pain I was suffering through.

   He was my angel.


   And the more I think of it, the more I know he was the same person that rescued me not just from the rushing cold water, but the blazing fire as well. The same smile, the same arms, I could just feel his presence and know it. The way he held on to me made me feel like a precious and fragile yet slippery object, as if I would fall to pieces if he were to let me accidently slip.
   At the time, I told myself I would never forget this person, who'd saved me twice already. He was even more than a saviour at that point, he was my guardian angel, he was always miraculously there for me. I thought I would never forget the warm embarce with which he'd treasured me in, and yet it'd somehow dissapeared completely from my mind.
   So in my dreams that night, I was searching for him. I hadn't the slightest clue who he was at that point; what he looked like, sounded like.......he faded more and more from my mind until there was nothing left of him at all. But I had to know who he was, so I kept trying until even I was lost completely, with absolutely no clue what I was trying to do in the first place.
   And at that moment, I woke up to find the handsome and modellized and kind Junsu standing before me. He did seem to be the one, and he was there at a perfect time as well. So I do recall having asked him whether or not it was him very shortly after I'd woken up. And who'd be idiotic enough not to believe him after he'd clearly confirmed it like that. So it was him after all; Junsu, my guardian angel.
   Yet, it sounded felt completely wrong. I should've felt grateful for what he'd done, I should've been warmer to him. Instead, I was just as cold to him as before, and I pretty much forgot that it was him who's rescued me at all until that horrible night. I always thought it was him in my mind, it was just never my prioritized thought, which would be kind of abnormal.
   But when the thought finally came back, all it did was bring to shame to another and pain to myself. How could I have been so blind and forgetful? I remember I was in agony for that entire night when I spoke what I thought to be the truth. It ruined everything, and it was what truly destroyed the remaining amount of feelings I had for him, and it would take a great amount of effort to restore it.
   But now I realize the truth.
   The embrace that saved me twice from my death was the same one I was lying in right now. There's no way I could possibly forget yet again.
   "Leeteuk-oppa," I whispered passionately. "It really was you."

       

~From the Mind of Kim Taeyeon

 

 

 

 

 

So Taeyeon finally remembers.....but what will Teukie say.....? Stay tuned guys! I might update tonight or tommorow depending on how you guys react to this.

 

 

Sorry if it's a little confusing. I wrote this at night when I was sleepy and dazed xD