Day 1: Strangers (End of Day 1)

Entwined Destinies

The momentary flash of emotion in his eyes was enough for Taeyeon to know.He reamined silent, but it was too late. He had slipped, and she was just going to push him further.

"I bet it was you who planned this all, wasn't it? You lit the building, called the gang to your house, and somehow managed to get me stuck here with you so you could keep an eye on me, isn't that right?"

More silence. Expressionless faces. She could feel the inevitable rising tension, and it made her feel guilty, even though she was the one who had initiated for this to happen. But she had gone too far anyways: it was time to exert the force. Putting forth any shame she had left, she threw out her last and final card, gambling for the odds.

"And...if I died tommorow you can be sure, you'll be the one I'll come back to haunt first."

The reaction was immedaite, perhaps shocking even to Taeyeon, who had been supposedly expecting it all along.

"SHUT UP!" Leeteuk spun around and roared, his face contorted with anger and restraint. By the time he saw Taeyeon's smirk, he realized it was much too late, and the he'd walked straight into ther plan.

"You're either an extremely good actor or you're really on our side after all..." Taeyeon smiled. "And from what I've seen from you in Dram class, I don't think even the well-rounded Park Jung Soo could even pull that off so perfectly."

Taeyeon crossed her arms almsot triumphantly as Leeteuk turned and walked away from her, as if he was trying to pretend that her words had failed to scathe him.

"How do you know I'm not working for those people?" he said. "How do you know that you're not walking straight into plans that we've set up for you? How do you know these aren't just lines I've rehearsed over and over again?"

"Oh..." Taeyeon's lips moved slowly. "So there's other people involved? Tell me more, Leeteuk-ssi." He froze again, and she knew she was pushing him back, and it was only a matter of time before he would slip beyond the limit...when she would be declared the victor.

I need answers...

"Stop trying to twist my words, what are you trying to do?" He was tough, and he was doing everything he could to restrain. However, she knew his effort was weak, and she could easily use his strength against him.

"Would you like me to bring Cho Hee here? I'm sure she'd love to hear all about how you're part of some secret gang and you're trying to harm us all."

Taeyeon was taken aback as Leetuek suddenly jolted, and moved towards her again. She immediately realized she'd made a mistake when his face cracked into a smile.

"Go ahead, because if you do, and that's the reality of the situation, then the both of you wouldn't be alive for much longer now, would you?"

Crap. He'd recovered. Now they were on equal footing again, Taeyeon losing her lead and back where she'd started. He was still in the same vulnerable distance from the line, but now his posture and position had become a lot sturdier. And Taeyeon wasn't sure she had enough strength in herself to push further.

"What did the person look like? The one that attacked me?" Taeyeon asked suddenly. It seemed unrelated, but nonetheless, she had to move quickly, and it was a question she wanted an answer to more than anything.

She saw a flicker of nostalgia in his eyes. He was seeing someone else at the moment, even though he was clearly staring at her. Taeyeon had someone managed to catch him off guard again, although she wasn't sure how. Regardless, it seemed as if she had him this time, and she knew it. She could picture his feet sliding backwards on the uneven ground, overpowered by hers all of a sudden.

But she was wrong.

Leeteuk smirked.

"Why should I tell you anything at all?"

Taeyeon's eyes widened in horror. It was as if he'd let go, and suddenly she was pushing on empty air. She could even feel the brush of his arm as he would dodge out of her way and allowed her to topple forwards and crash and burn on the filthy ground. He may have lost by cheating, but she was the one who had to suffer all the consequences.

"W-what? Why not? My life is on the line, you know?" She tried to regain herself. "If you don't tell me, it's just going to make you more suspicious."

"Bout you don't need to know that. You don't need to know anything right now."

Taeyeon curled her hands. "Leeteuk-ssi, my life, your life, and my friends' lives could depend on you, right now. At least, tell me so I know what to...be aware of..."

"I probably saw exactly what you saw."

"I didn't see the face! I was scared to death! Besides, it was completely covered in a long cloak of some sort."

"And what makes you think I could've seen this person's face?"

"Because you rescued me from it!"

"Look, you don't even remember half of what happened, okay? So stop assuming things!"

"I DO! Cho Hee told me everything." Her eyes were pleading now. "Oppa!! Just tell me what happened!Why are you acting like this?! You were never like this before!"

He was silent.

"I need to find these people! I need to keep my friends safe!"

"What do you plan on doing alone anyways?"

"I won't be alone...I'd have...I'd have..." She bit her tongue. "It doesn't matter! It's better than staying here and doing nothing!" She slowly stepped closer to him. "Oppa...I know you know more about what's going on than anyone else does...please tell me..."

Suddenly, she took Leeteuk by surprise and grabbed his uninjured jand with both of her own and clutched it tightly. He looked into her desparate eyes and torture seemed to overwhelm him. She was pushing him into a dead end and he knew it. Now would be the time to tell her all he knew... 

So he snatched his hand away coldly.

"Miahne, Taeyeon-ssi," he responded. "I have my reasons. And as of now, these reasons are more than rnough to allow me to continue to ignore your pathetic pleads." He turned his back and walked away from her again, towards the closet. Taeyeon was in disbelief for a moemtn. How could he just walk away from her apathetically like that, when she was in her weakest moments? As she watched his back side shuffle away, she couldn't help but be overwhelmed by a senseless monster from within her chest.

Taeyeon suddenly ran at him at full speed, turned him around and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him towards her menacingly.

"YAH! PARK JUNG SOO!" she screeched. "YOU! YOU TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW!" Leeteuk expected to see tears streaming down her face as her voice trembled, but he was shocked to realize that her face was completely dry. Her heated emotions had seem to vaporize them completely.

"I...I can't..." he responded calmly.

Taeyeon groaned again and pulled tighter, suddenly slamming against the wall with surprising strength. The room nearly shook, and a vase of white roses was knocked and fell to the ground iwth a crash.

"You can't do this to me!" she breathed. "I won't let you keep things from me that I ought to know."

"You don't understand...you can't know this...if you do...you'll...you'll be in a worst position..."

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE AT THIS POINT?!" she cried, her fingers twisting tighter still within the fabrics of his white shirt. "WHY?! Why would you want to do this? What can I do to persuade you to tell me?" She could feel the weak fabric giving away and tearing beneath her nails.

"I want you to be happy."

Suddenly, in a quick motion, Leeteuk pushed her away from him and her hands tore from his shirt, leaving behind a deep rip in the fabric. Before Taeyeon could react properly, he'd lifted her up into her arms.

Taeyeon was too startled to speak, and she heard the door handle turn, anf suddenly found herself sitting outside his room on the floor, stranded in the hallway, looking up into his mournful eyes, reflecteing her own deranged self in its soft, brown texture.

"Come back when you get some sense." It was a voice that matched the lack of emotion on his face.

And the door was slammed hearltessly in her face.

For a while, seh simply sat there, staring up in shock. She couldn't beleive what had just happened. She'd lost it, and in a way, with complete reason. She didn't know what she had even been expecting in the first place. A stupid part of her seemed to have expected him to console her, to comfort her, to protect her, to tell her everything would be okay...

I want you to be happy...

"Omo, unnie! Why are you sitting here?!"

Cho Hee's voice rang out as she rushed towards Taeyeon from out of nowhere.

"Unnie, kinchena? I heard a loud noise and...I thought..."

I want you to be happy...

It was like a spark, the thought of his words. THe emotions she'd somehow hid away in Leeteuk's room suddenly became crowded in her mind, and they bursted, oevrshadowing every sense and and straight thoughts she had left.

I want you to be happy...

It's like he's a different person...a stranger... She looked around hopelessly, and something suddenly caught on the corner of her eyes. It was the shiny surface of a metal vase across the hallway. She momentarily saw her own reflection. Her changed appearance. The dress, the hair, the eyes....it was all foreign to her.

And a realization flowed through her.

"Unnie...?"

He's not the stranger...I am...

Suddenly, Taeyeon broke down right there and then, without even knowing why, right in front of Cho Hee. It wa sso stupid, so desparate, so dumb, she hated herself for it.

I want you to be happy...

How can I possibly ever be happy...when you exist like this in my life?

And with those thoughts, the sun slowly slipped beneath the horizon, and faded away along with the first day as the treacherous night continued to cover the world.

 

Badass TaeTae,

KK I UPDATED TWICE XDDD I'M DONE FOR THE NIGHT THANKS GAIZ FOR STILL READING ^^

Ship TaeTeuk <3

RANDOM PICTURE TIME:

K BAI