MinYul Confession

Entwined Destinies

   Onew was sitting in the library with Minho and Taemin. Normally he too would study with his buddies but today he felt he couldn't concentrate. Meanwhile, Minho was complaining to Taemin about Key's risky feat that morning.
   "And he said that to ALL OF THE GIRLS standing there!" he fumed. "Can you believe the jerk?!!"
   Taemin looked up from his math textbook. "But you do like her, don't you?"
   Minho looked taken aback. "B-buoya?! A-Anni..."
   Taemin glared evilly at Minho. "You seem to be having trouble declaring it to yourself."
   "BUOYA?!"
   "Quiet down guys!" Onew hushed them. He'd noticed people around them giving them annoyed glares.
   Minho completely ignored Onew and slammed both his hands down on the table, creating a loud bang that startled everyone in the library.
   "I DON'T LIKE HER!!!" he roared.
   Onew and Taemin could only stare at the crazed Minho with wide eyes and speechlessness along with everyone else around them. Keeping his eyes steady on Minho, Taemin suddenly inched his hands towards his books.
   "Hyung," he whispered as loud as he could to Onew. "This one's all yours." And with that he booked it out of the library as fast as he could, his mushroom hair flaring out behind him.
   With nothing better to do, Onew turned towards Minho with worry clouded in his mind. Fortunately, he was the type of person who could probably handle this situation flawlessly and end with a sweet apology to everyone in the library, reducing and blocking any attempts of chaos to break out as long as no one interferes.
    He started,  "Minho, are you crazy?! People are--"
   "YAH, YOU OBNOXIOUS PRETTY BOY!! ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"
   Both Minho and Onew whirled their heads around to see the Black Pearl princess Kwon Yuri approach them with a furious expression on her face. She'd been sitting with Yoona, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon at a nearby table. The girls were staring at her with wide eyes, Hyoyeon fixated in the position of a face palm.Onew groaned under his breath. This could not turn out well.
   Yuri was fuming. "You really think anyone cares who you like or don't like?! We're trying to study here just in case you haven't noticed!"
   "Well, I'm sorry I bothered the princess," Minho retorted angrily. By this time, all eyes in the library were on them, and there was absolute silence and attentive in order for concentration on the heating argument. "Perhaps I should bend down and polish your shoes as an apology. Or is that not enough?!"
   Yuri rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. "YAH! Just because you're all good-looking and popular DOESN'T mean you rule the school, so STOP ACTING LIKE IT!"
   "Coming from the princess herself," Minho snapped. Onew felt like crawling undeneath the table and hiding there until it was all over.
   "STOP CALLING ME THAT!" Yuri screeched. She and Minho were barely a two feet apart by this time. She threw her hands up in anger. "ARGH! You're so annoying! I don't know what I ever saw in you!"
   At this, Minho's intense flaming charisma glare seemed to waver a little.
   "B-buoya?"
   Yuri's glare was expected to be more wavering now too, but it was even more intense than before, proving that what she'd said was clearly not a mistake.
   She took a bold step closer to him. By now, they were barely a feet apart. The eyes of the uninvited audience grew wider and yet more expectant.
   "That's right, Choi Minho. I used to have a fun, chilidish crush on you, and still would've had you not proved yourself to be such a complete jerk like you just did." Her voice was strong and confident.
   Onew's eyes twitched and he had to restrain himself from making a lame and stoned expression. All THIS is coming from a slight outburst at a public library?
   By this time, Minho was at a loss for words, and could only stare at Yuri, who stil had a fierce expression on her face.
   The next thing that happened seemed to be in slow motion. A librarian had been putting books onto the shelves and had been oblivious to all that was going on (somehow miraculously) accidently bumped the cart into Minho, who majestically tripped over it and fell over.
   Onew's eyes widened as the librarian bumped into Minho, because as he did, Minho got pushed closer into Yuri. She was as shocked as he was and since it happened in a split second and she obviously couldn't move anywhere. Minho's arms reached out and somehow caught ahold of Yuri's white sweater sleeves, and his entire body lurched forwards towards her.

   Their lips touched.


   Neither of them moved from their position. The onlookers gasped and some even squealed. Cellphones and cameras started appearing out of nowhere and clicking randomly at the scene. Onew managed to look around them to see the girls' table. What he saw was three used-to-be pretty girls with their jaws dropped making them look not at all attractive or elegant.
   Onew turned back to Minho and Yuri and realized they still hadn't broken apart. They were still standing in the same position with their wide open eyes showing shock rather than pleasure, so Onew wasn't sure what exactly they were thinking.
   "So...are you two gonna', I don't know, move or anything soon?" he muttered. At this, the two finally snapped back to reality and jumped apart from each other as if an electric shock had just past through the both of them.
   "Ah, uh, m-miahne...Y-Yulli-ssi..." Never before had Onew ever heard Minho's voice so wavery and unconfident.
   "Ah, annyo, Minho...." Yuri replied, scarlet in the face. She muttered some excuse to leave, grabbed her books, and speed-walked out of the library as fast as she could. Minho could only stare after her, a dazed expression on his face. The silence of the library was broken by sudden gigglings.
   "Yah, Minho-oppa!" a girl's voice called. "That was so smooth!" The comment was responded by amused laughs and soon evolved into cheers of congratulations. Minho wasn't sure what to do, and Onew laughed and patted him on the shoulder. People started to swarm towards Minho, no doubt to add more spice to their recipes of gossip. Onew decided to slip out of the crowd, and leave Minho to what he did best: dealing with fangirls.
   As Onew headed towards the door, he crossed paths with Taeyeon, who was headed towards the door the same time he was.
   "Ah, Taeyeon-unnie, what a scene that was, huh?" Onew said casually.
   Taeyeon smiled sweetly at him. "Ne, now I have to find that little babo and ask her all about it." Her smile turned mischevious. "If she refuses to talk then I'll just have to do a little plotting."
   Onew pushed his glasses up and frowned. "Don't you have enough on your hands?"
   He saw Taeyeon's expression falter wildly, and it brought to him quite a shock.
   "Wh-what do you mean?" she quivered.
   "Wait, isn't it just that you have an exam next week and that huge presentation on Monday?" Onew spoke slowly. His keeness noticed Taeyeon's obvious relaxation.
   "Ah, ne, of course," she breathed airily. "It shouldn't get into the way of plotting." She turned to him gave him a smile he'd never seen before. "I'll count you in if you want."
   Onew's grin widened greatly. "That was what I was just thinking!" he laughed. "I owe that little jerk Minho some payback for all the terrible things he'd done."
   Taeyeon kept her cheerful expression and stuck out her hand.
   "Just remember to keep it a secret and tell no one, got it?"
   Onew took her hand and shook it firmly.
   "You betcha'."
    Taeyeon gave Onew a charming wink and left the library. Onew simply stood there, excited inside that he was now part of what was to be his first prank. Had he been alone, he would've starting jumping up and down and singing and dancing random trot songs.
   Instead, he quietly left the library in hopes of finding Taemin, Key and Jonghyun in order to spread the news about the scene in the library. However, as he was walking he bumped into someone.
   "Ah, miah--"
   "Ah, Onew dongsaeng!"
   Onew looked up to see the kind smile of his Teukie-hyung.
   "Ah, Teukie-hyung, how are you?" Onew greeted formally.
   "Same as always," Teukie smiled. "What about you? Anything happen recently?"
   Onew immediately thought of Taeyeon, but remembered that she told him specifically to keep it a secret.
   "Ah, nothing much, really, just studying and stuff," Onew chuckled softly.
   Leeteuk's eyes narrowed slowly and subtly. "Just a question of a curiousity...what were you doing with Taeyeon back there?"
   The question struck Onew by surprise. He'd never expected his hyung to be so sharp.
   "Does it matter?" Onew said weakly. He looked into Leeteuk's eyes to see a mischievous glint in them. Otherwise, his face was expressionless.
   Onew looked around to see if Taeyeon was still around somewhere.
   "Look, I can't really tell you," Onew whispered. "It's kind of between me and her only."
   He'd been sure that Eeteuk would pry some more, then the glint abruptly dissapeared from his eyes and a dimple smile stretched across his face once again.
   "Ah, I see. You two have got some secret plans," he mused. "Well, I won't say anything more but..." Eeteuk suddenly leaned closer and his voice dropped down to a hush. "She's already with that pretty boy Junsu so be careful where you tread."
   Onew stared at his hyung, confused. He started thinking about what Junsu dating Taeyeon would have to do with Minho and Yuri.
   "But hyung...what does that have to do with anything?" Onew asked innocently.
   Eeteuk laughed. "You should really take drama class," he said. His tone suddenly became serious. "But if you dare make things tough for certain people, I won't be so friendly."
   Onew was extremely confused by this time. "Hyung, why are you like this?"
   Eeteuk's smile returned again. "No worries." He patted Onew on the shoulder. "You're a good guy, I know you'll do the right thing." With that, he whirled around and walked away, leaving an extremely blown away Onew.
   Onew stared in the direction of Eeteuk for quite some time, trying to figure out what the reason was for Eeteuk acting so strange. Suddenly, a look of understanding clouded Onew's face. He looked as if he'd had all the air knocked out of him as he figured out exactly what Eeteuk had been hinting at.
   Teuk-hyung...who would've thought?