In Another Time and Place (Part 2)

Entwined Destinies

Jessica tapped the metal rod in the palm of her right hand. Normally, she was a cute and bubbly girl who loved to dress up in pinks and glitter and fixing her hair but just then, she resembled a cold-hearted vixen, brandishing a weapon and confirming that she was unafraid to use it with the deathly glare in her sullen eyes.

She pointed the rod at the lady's throat.

opened as her perfectly accented English poured out. "Tell me what the hell is going on and where Kim Taeyeon and Park Jungsoo are."

The lady contained by the five captives shuffled uncomfortably but said nothing.

At that moment, a loud noise came from the corner. Every turned and saw that Tiffany had banged her own metal rod against the bars of the cell, stealing everyone's attention. She stood with her right hand on her hip and her other hand grasping the rod while planting it firmly on the ground as if it were merely a cane.

"You heard her," she spoke, her voice echoing through the tight room. "Tell us all you have to say."

"Drop the English," the lady finally spoke. Everyone seemed startled. "You should know that before you can be admitted into such a prestigious organization as mine you must be trained in at least nine different languages internationally and be able to get around with another twelve. Fortunately, I'm an even higher ranked official, so I can understand your damn native language just fine."

And it was true. Her pronounciation and even her accent were perfect, as if she had lived in Korea all her life: though no one would've ever expected that judging by her natural looking brown hair and sharp blue eyes.

"It seems like we have two end results here: it's either all of you guys are going to be dead if I somehow escape and call security, or you're going to kill me before I get the chance to do so. Oh, and don't even think about sparing me and believing that I would do the same: if I manage to step back out of this cell somehow, you're all done for," she said grimly. "I know all of your names already, so maybe you should know that I am called Cosette, and if this shall be the last name you ever hear before you go to the other world, take it as an honour."

"STOP THE BULLSH*T!" Heechul yelled. He stepped up aggresively and pushed Jessica behind him, startling her. He quickly grrabbed the metal bar from Jessica's hands and shoved it tightly up against the Cosette's throat, cutting off her airstream.

"HEECHUL! STOP!" Yoona screamed, trying to run at him but was held back by Kibum.

"HYUNG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" cried Eunhyuk who was now desparately trying to keep hold onto the quivering lady.

"STOP IT! HEECHUL! STOP IT! SHE'S GONNA' DIE!"

"IF SHE DIES THEN NO ONE CAN STOP US FROM GETTING OUT OF HERE!"

"STOP IT, YOU FOOL!"

Suddenly, someone grabbed Heechul from behind and tore him to the side. He roared as the metal rod slipped from his hands and went flying through the air. Sunny's eyes widened as she realized the rod was flying straight towards her.

"UNNIE!"

At that moment, Sungmin came from nowhere and did a flying leap as he tackled Sunny to the ground, right as the metal rod pierced right through the spot where she was standing only milliseconds ago. It touched the floor with an extremely loud, screeching noise, leaving a significant mark on the cold, hard floor. Sunny breathed heavily, unable to comprehend what had just happened, as she sat there withing Sungmin's protective arms.

Cosette started coughing and breathing heavily, as the colour returned to her face, recovering slowly. Eunyuk, Hyoyeon, Kyuhyun and Yuri tightened their grips as they continued holding her back, making sure they didn't let their guard down even when she was in such a state.  Heechul turned around furiously, ready to burst.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE--"

He was surprised to see Jessica standing right in front of his face, and with a ferocious glint in her expression.

"Did you just--?"

"Yes, I was the one who pulled you away," she replied icily. "Because you're an idiot who can't even realize what's right in front of his eyes."

Heechul lunged at her and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.

"THAT LADY MIGHT'VE KILLED JUNGSOO!" he yelled at her. "I COULD'VE KILLED HER RIGHT THERE--"

"SHUT UP FOR A SECOND!" Jessica yelled as she fought him away. She grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around to face Cosette, who now had Hyoyeon's arm around her neck for safe measure.

"Look at her right hand," she spoke bluntly. Heechul's eyes floated around for a second, and as he saw what he was supposed to see, his heart felt tight his chest.

Everyone else also froze immediately.

"She has a gun." Jessica's voice resonated through the room once again.

Heechul eyes widened, as he suddenly fell to his knees, his body trembling.

However, Kangin spoke up in his place.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR?! Force her to drop it!" he commanded.

"No, wait! It's too late now!" Kyuhyun yelled suddenly, suddenly tightening his grip and pulling her back further. "She's already got the gun ready. One slight movement and we're done for!"

A gust of eerie silence filled the room.

"I--I don't know why she hasn't done it yet..." Kyuhyun stuttered. "But this entire time she could've already shot Hyoyeon easily...and..." He stopped talking, not knowing what to say next anyhow.

"Ah, so you're not a completely stupid bunch, I see," Cosette finally started speaking again. Her voice was still shaky, as if it were still only recovering from Heechul's attack. She coughed slightly. She tilted her wrist backwards slightly, aimign the nozzle of the gun towards Hyoyeon, causing Hyoyeon to gasp and Siwon and Sungmin to step forwards aggressively only to realize that it would be useless, not to mention completely reckless and dangerous.

"Release me now if you don't want to see your pretty friend here die," she said, her voice as calm as ever. "You can take my word: I won't run away. I'm not that petty."

Hyoyeon's eyes widened. "DON'T LISTEN TO HER."

"What? You think you can survive a bullet?" Eunhyuk spoke. He retrieved his arms and gestured his head. "Let her go. If we don't she'll start with Hyoyeon and shoot everyone else down after that."

"But--"

"LET HER GO."

The atmosphere became rigid as the captives started to think frantically about what they were going to do next. They had such a good plan, and now, the tables had been completely turned. They all raised their heads to see that Coestte was standing free, the gun twirlling effortlessly in her right hand, a defiant expression on her face.

"Now...how are you all going to persuade me?" she spoke. "It seems you guys have really got the short end of the stick at this point: messing with the cell, destroying and damaging property, attacking a high-level officer, all with the motive to escape...how the hell are you going to even consider talking your way out of this one?"

Silence.

"Just as I thought," Cosette smirked satisfactorily. "I've always ahd an intense dislike for people who think they're so clever but are really nothing at all." Everyone kept their eyes focused as she twirlled the gun in her effortlessly.

"Drop the weapons, all of them, NOW!" she ordered. Various clanging noises echoed within the cell as the metal bars dropped from their hands. Now they had no defense whatsoever. The boys all raised their arms and moved as they did their best to shield the girls as best as they could, although some of the girls weren't so obliging.

"What are you trying to do?!" Hyoyeon whispered harshly in Eunhyuk's ear.

"I'm trying to protect you, you idiot!" he replied hushedly.

"What, you think your body can stop a bullet or something? Move, you fool!" She preceded to grab his arm and swing him back onto the wall behind her.

"STOP MOVING ALL OF YOU! ANDSTOP TALKING!" Cosette screamed, in avoice that seemed much too powerful for someone with an appearance like hers. But of course, they all knew better now than to judge by appearance.

She pulled down the hem of her short black dress with one hand and raised the gun with the other, aiming it straight at Hyoyeon, who was standing further ahead than anyone else in that moment. Hyoyeon realized it too late, but she kept her feet firm.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" she said out of nowhere. She stood stiffly and took a step towards Cosette, giving an almost cocky nod in her direction. "Why don't you just shoot us already and get your job done with? It seems like that would be the best ending for you."

Cosette scoffed and glared at Hyoyeon, gritting her teeth and tightnening her grip on the trigger.

"You really think it's that simple, you dumb, shallow wuss?" she spat disgustedly at Hyoyeon. "You really think that someone like me could just murder whoever I wanted in this building  whenever I wanted? Please, if I had things my way, EVERYONE here would've been a rotten corpse a long, LONG time ago. I can't shoot anyone without some reason, whatever that may be. It may not seem like it, but we actually have regulations here, believe it or not...most of which are utterly idiotic if you ask me..."

Hyoyeon's posture relaxed a little bit, as she heard this, although the angered glint in her eyes remained.

"Then why should we be threatened by you at all at this point...?" she spoke slowly.

She realized that they had done anything but gain an advantage as Cosette's face cracked into an intensely wicked smile that sent chills down all their bodies. 

Cosette pulled the gun back and twirled it with her fingers once again. 

"You see, there's already someone in the back room having a nice rest that they haven't had for awhile...just because there isn't a reason doesn't mean I suddenly can't just make one up."

BANG!

A loud gunshot and a terrified scream as the entire cell suddenly went black. The captives found that they were once again draped in the unfamiliar and uncomfortable darkness that they had been confined in for the past few days, and it was terrifying to find that it had overcome once again. The little amount of composure and tolerance they had left dissapeared in a flash as chaos and panic suddenly ensued seemingly from nowhere. There more screams, more panicked footsteps, running, scrambling, as they fought with desparate attempts to regain their sensibility in the complete darkness.

"SHE'S SHOT THE LIGHT SWITCH!" Hankyung's voice roared from the darkness.

"EVERYONE BE CAUTIOUS!" Yuri shouted.

"DON'T WORRY! IF WE CAN'T SEE EACH OTHER! SHE CAN'T SEE US!" Kyuhyun's voice sounded.

"What makes you so sure about that?" Cosette's voice was completely calm despite everyone else's frantic notions.

A glaring flash seemingly as bright as the sun itself suddenly appeared from the centre of the room, nearly blinding them all, as the sound of another horrific gunshot sounded as if it was right next to ears. In that flash of light that lasted only nearly a second, everyone gasped and there was a scream as they saw the silhouette of Cosette and her gun, aimed almost right at Seohyun, the bullet leaving its mark in the wall almost right next to her head.

"SEOHYUN!" A fearful voice called within the blackness, though it was unclear who it belonged to anymore.

"You see, you naive children," Cosette's voice seemed to have no pinpoint: it seemed to radiate from above them. "If I don't have a reason, I can just fabricate something up nicely that'll sugar up the superiors in the heartbeat. How about, I was merely going about my rounds to investigate and check up on all the prisone--I mean, guests and these little demons tried to attack me from nowhere. I mean, just look at those metal rods with your fresh fingerprints still laden all over them." She cackled viciously, an inhuman sound and fired another teasing shot, causing another yet another wave of petrified screams.

"STOP! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" a desparate voice sounded from one of the corners. "WHY WOULD YOU TAKE PRIDE IN HARMING THE LIVES OF HUMANS WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG TO YOU?!"

The distubing laugh floated through the room once again. "Nothing wrong? Humans have done nothing wrong to me? If only you knew only half of the story. Now, I think I'll stop mocking all of you because you're annoying me too much kid, you're going first."

As Cosette was about to silence her first (or rather second) victim, a hand shot out from nowhere and gently touched her, as if it as trying to desparately around in the darkness and find whatever hope of a safe place there may be.

Cosette's smiled darkened as it faded perfectly into the blackness, as she moved slowly and touched the person comforting, as if she were a comrade, though at the same time, she turned the gun towards the person's hand.

"N...nu goyah...?" It was a boy's voice. "H--Heechul hyung? Is that you?"

Coestte danced her hands across the person's wrist slowly, and at the last moment, she tightened her grip and grasped tightly, shocking her newest target,

"Wrong move, my little prey," she leered.

There was a loud bang, a loud scream, and then...silence.
 

Damn exams the life out of me.

Sorry this took forver, it took me awhile to figure how to work it out. o.o

Figures, I've been distracted for a bit and hopefully this second semester will lighten its load on me.

Either way, so many SeoKyu feels recently, isn't it? o.o

I will try my best to stop updating once a month, but no promises ;P

RANDOM PICTURE TIME:

Everyone's probably seen it already but TOO BAD. TROLL HYOYEON lolololol