The Simplest Twist (cont.)

Entwined Destinies

Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri were walking to school along their usual path. Now cleaned up and dressed, Taeyeon looked demure and elegant in her simple outfit, her beauty comparable with Yoona's and Yuri's.
   They were nearing their school campus when Yoona suddenly nudged Yuri.
   "Omo!! It's Siwon-ssi, the guy that Fany likes so much." Yoona cried out. She was looking at muscular guy with an awkward smile and perfect facial features. All the girls he passed by were squealing, but he didn't seem to notice.
   Yuri shrugged. "So what, I've seen him before. As if Fany doesn't tell me enough about him." She rolled her eyes. "And you see him everyday during your drama classes anyway."
   Yoona smiled evilly. "It's not him I wanted to point out to you."
   Yuri squinted her eyes and looked more carefully. Then, she realized who Yoona was talking about and gave her a shove. It was none
other than the good-looking Choi Minho, flower boy of their school.
   "Ya!! You know I don't like him, how could you say that?!" Yuri declared angrily. Regardless, she was turning red.
   Yoona shoved Yuri back. "Then why the heck do you turn bright red every single time someone mentions him?"
   Yuri glared angrily at Yoona. Realizing her danger, Yoona started running away while yelling, "Mianhe, Taeyeon-unnie!! I have to go!!" She smiled, waved kindly and bolted as fast as her legs would take her.
   Yuri turned towards Taeyeon. "Mianhe, unnie, but I can't let this one slide too easily. Annyong, see you at school!" And with that she booked after Yoona.
   Taeyeon walked silently on her own. She was used to her friends leaving her out of such conversations. It wasn't them trying to leave her out; it was her and her secretive self refusing them. She'd prefer it that way.
   But sometimes she did wonder what it would be like to like somebody and have them like you back. It must be a perfect feeling indeed. You could always look to that person to protect you and be your support when you were in trouble, and they’d be your soulmate for life.
Taeyeon sighed. She'd probably never find someone so perfect to be with her--
  
CRASH!!
   Someone had run straight into her and knocked her over.
   "Mianhe!! Mianhe!!" the person mumbled. It was a boy.
   "Uh...kinchena?" Taeyeon asked although she was somewhat quite annoyed at getting knocked over.
   "Ne. Ne." The guy got up. Taeyeon was trying to get a look at his face but the cap he was wearing blocked her view.
   All of a sudden, the guy extended a hand.
   "And what about you, pretty lady, you don't seem very fine and you're worried about me," he said. His voice was smooth and calm yet not flirtatious at all somehow. Somewhat dazed, she took his hand and he pulled her up.
   "Ah...gomansupnida...oppa?" Taeyeon said as she let go of the guy’s hand.
   "Ne, pretty lady." She could hear the wink in his voice, but before she could say another word, he'd vanished into the building.
   She stared after him, still dazed. She could still feel the palm of his hand on hers, and the little tingle it'd given her.
   Suddenly she felt a sharp slap on the back of her neck. She let out a sharp cry and turned around to see who it was. It was Tiffany who’d slapped her, but she wasn't alone. In a perfect line were Tiffany, Jessica, Yoona and Yuri, all with expectant smiles on their faces.
   "Yah, that hurt you know," Taeyeon groaned, rubbing the back of her neck.
   "Yeah, well, you deserve it for hiding your mystery boyfriend from us," Fany said.
   "He's not my boyfriend, I don't even know who he is," Taeyeon muttered somewhat angrily.
   "Well he was pretty friendly for someone who's a complete stranger," Yoona pointed out.
   "He was just being nice, whoever he was. I mean, it's only right for someone to apologize to someone after running into them, right?"
   "You and I both know that was more than an apology," Yuri smirked.  At that, Taeyeon was speechless.
   "...I gotta' get to class," she said quickly, and booked it.
   The four girls stared after her with confused looks on their faces. Sica was the first to react.
   "Wait...she likes that guy?"
   They all groaned at once. "Let's just go," Fany declared. She hooked onto Sica's arm and dragged her off before she could say anything else.

***********

 
It was soon lunch break and all nine girls had managed to meet up in the cafeteria to enjoy their meal. Not a face was missing but there were some new faces at the table as well.
   "Omo," Tiffany  smiled as she nudged Yoona, "Here they come!"
   "Annoyhaeseyo, cuties."
   "They" were none other than flower boys Donghae and Siwon. Taeyeon watched silently as they both sat down beside their girls and Donghae put his arm around Yoona, who was looking kind of uncomfortable. Taeyeon couldn't help but smile. Yoona pretty much had the whole entire male population at the school lining up for her, but Lee Donghae was the one lucky guy that caught her eyes. Siwon looked around the table awkwardly, afraid to approach Tiffany like Donghae did to Yoona.
   "Are you girls still up for the double tonight?" Donghae asked casually. Taeyeon forced herself to hide her smile because Donghae's trying too hard to be cool attitude.
   Yoona stared at him coldly. "Annyo."
   Donghae's cool smile dissapeared from his face immediately. He stared back at Yoona and looked as if he were about to go on his knees and beg her not to cancel the date. Siwon had a confused and disappointed look and tried to look to Tiffany for answers, but she simply shook her head. All 7 girls looked at one another and started whispering to one another.
   "Ya, unni!, I though Yoona really liked Donghae," Sunny whispered to Taeyeon.
   "I don't know!" she replied, "And I thought Fany thought Siwon was the one. Yuri-ah, do you know?"
   "I don't, Yoona hasn't been telling me anything!"
    Meanwhile, the boys were slowly recovering their senses. Taeyeon noticed Donghae's arm was no longer around Yoona, and Siwon was starting to go through one of his dramatic phases.
   "...wae?!" Siwon cried out, like a perfect actor in a break-up scene. "I thought you liked me." He was starring straight at Tiffany.
   "Not anymore."
   Siwon looked as if he'd been slapped in the face, and was on the verge of tears. Donghae, meanwhile, wasn't saying a word and was staring at Yoona silently. A stony silence washed over the table, with mixed emotions of anger, confusion and dissapointment.
   All of a sudden Yoona and Tifanny burst out in fits of laughter. They seemed to think something was hilarious, but for the rest of the table it was a whole other world.
   Taeyeon was the first to snap to her senses. "YAH!! Yoona!! Tiffany!! What is going on?!!" It was as if they only momentarily heard their unnie's comments, for they started laughing again shortly after a 2 second pause.
   "YAH!!!! GET A GRIP!!!"
   The two stopped immediately but were trying to stifle their giggles. Tiffany spoke first.
   "We're good drama students, aren't we?"
   "You guys were totally fooled!!" Yoona added on.
   Taeyeon glared at them as she realized what was going on. Soon, she was laughing too at the two girls' clever joke. And soon the entire table joined in, the boys laughing in more of a relieved than entertained manner.
   "Ya, what did you two byakkus do now?" said a sudden voice.
   Siwon and Donghae looked up to see their Leeteuk-hyung standing beside them, with a humoured look on his face.
   "Ah, hyung. What's up?" Donghae asked, giving Leeteuk a random high five.
   "I can't find the other byakkus anywhere, do you mind if I join you?" he replied.
   "I guess so,” Donghae turned to Yoona for approval, who winked in the cutest manner. Donghae quickly nodded at Leeteuk and turned back to stare at Yoona, who’d started giggling.
   As Leeteuk sat down, he caught Taeyeon's eyes and noticed she was watching him. He gave her a small smile and wave. It sent a weird feeling into Taeyeon's chest she’d never experienced before. Fortunately, no one else noticed because they were all too busy chatting.
   Taeyeon ate her lunch but continued to take glances at Leeteuk. There was something familiar about him but she just wasn't sure what it was.
   They started telling jokes and doing gags at the table.
   "You know our Sungmin?" Donghae asked excitedly.
   "Ne! He's in my vocals' class!" Sunny answered. Her eyes had brightened for a second.
   "You know how he has a manly voice, right?" Donghae asked looking around at everybody.
   Sunny looked at him, seemingly confused. "Annyo...he has--"
   Donghae's eyes widened. "Don't tell me he talks in a cute voice dripping with aegyo…too hard to explain. Teukie-hyung ah, do your Sungmin impression."
   Leeteuk looked surprised that he was being called on; as if he’d just been startled awake from a daydream.
   He smiled sheepishly.  "Ah, annyo, I don't think I--"
   "Come on, Leeteuk-oppa!" Yoona gleefully said, "It's not like we’re strangers or anything here! Give it a go." Yoona seemed oblivious to the fact Leeteuk was close to pretty less than half of the girls
at the table.
   "Ne, Eeteukie-hyung!! We all want to hear it!" Yuri cried out. The rest of the girls quickly agreed, except for Taeyeon who remained silent and chewed on her kimchi.
   Observative maknae Seohyun noticed this and nudged her gently. 
   "Taeyeon-unnie ah, how come you're so quiet?" she asked quietly so only Taeyeon would hear.
   "Oh, ah, it's nothing," she replied quietly. Then loudly she said, "Come on, Leeteuk-oppa!!! Let's hear it!!" There was a truly genuine smile on her face, because she knew she wanted to hear what wits this mysterious yet familiar person had to offer.
   At the sound of Taeyeon's voice, Leeteuk seemed to snap back into his confident and humourous self. He immediately smiled broadly, showing his famous killer dimples. Taeyeon thought she felt the lurch again.
   "Ne, our Sungmin, when he's normal he speaks like this," Eeteuk  started, his voice strong and hinting at future humour. Then, in a manly and rather low voice he said, "'Anneohaseyo, Sungmin mida, hyung'-- ne?"
   Donghae and Siwon nodded with mischevious smiles on their faces. Sunny looked completely confused.
   She smiled cutely and declared, "Anneyo!!! Sungmin-ssi is--"
   Eeteuk caught her midsentence. "Tell me, Sunny-ssi, does he talk like this around you?” He cleared his throat. “ANNEEEEEEYO NOOOONA...." At this Donghae and Siwon started slapping their knees and guffawing, and was joined in seconds later by the rest of the girls except for Sunny.
   "That's exactly it!" she screeched in amazement.
    Hyoyeon grabbed Sunny by the shoulder, tears in her eyes due to her heavy laughter.
   "Sunny ah," she attempted through gasping breaths, "You do realize that Sungmin is your oppa, right?" At this the entire table  practically erupted into laughter, with a red Sunny sitting amongst  them. Even Taeyeon, who didn't usually follow her dongsaengs' love life  had tears in her eyes.
   "Oh, chincha?! She really didn't know?!" Eeteuk asked. He tapped  Sunny's hand. "Ya, watch out for Sungmin, okay?" He gave her tiny wink. "He's a yeoja-killer." Sunny seemed shocked by this, not realizing what Leeteuk truly meant.
   Soon enough, the bell rang signifying their next class. Yoona and Donghae gave a passionate goodbye to each other and headed while Siwon and Tiffany headed off in the same direction to their classes. 
The girls split into different directions but no one noticed Taeyeon was lingering around. She was hiding behing a wall and trying to catch a glance at Leeteuk who was slowly cleaning up his lunch.
   Why does he make me feel so different when he's around? she thought to herself, And he seems so familiar. Oh....and those dimples... wait, what the heck am I thinking?! I just met this guy. Kim Taeyeon-ah!! How could you do this to yourself! Snap out of it!! Snap out--
   "Uh...Taenyeon-ssi? Kinchena?"
   Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts immediately, whirled around and caught herself face to face with Leeteuk.
   "You kind looked zoned out," he said kindly, "Are you sick?" To her surprise, he placed one of his hands on her forehead. She froze, unable to say or do anything.
   Leeteuk immediately noticed this and withdrew his hand. "Ay, joehaesupnida, Taenyeon-ssi, if I made you feel uncomfortable." He suddenly looked embarassed and full of remorse.
   "Ah, annyo Leeteuk-ssi, it's just I was thinking of...things," she replied frantically. She met him in the eyes.'"By the way, it's Taeyeon, not Taenyeon." She extended a hand. "Taeyeon mida."
   Leeteuk smiled a dimple-smile and immediately took her hand. "Park Jung Soo, but you can call me Eeteuk," he said "Or even Teukie-Teukie Eeteukie oppa." At this the both of them laughed.
   "See you around, Teukie-oppa," Taeyeon beamed.
   "You too...Taengoo." Eeteuk responded with wink.

Don't hate on the failness of this chapter :P The drama of Taeteuk slowly unravels....