Prom

Busan Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SRn69CmAkA

 

You have been avoiding Daehyun these days. You just didn't want to make it harder

for you and for him. You missed him all day. 

 

"Yes Mrs. Jung. I will do it tonight." you sadly said and hung up. You sighed disappointed

to yourself. *What have I done?* you laid down and buried your face in the pillow.

 

It was a sunny morning of the Promenade day. Good thing your mom was day-off

and she was helping you to fix yourself for the big night. You had been to the

parlor for hours as the makeup artist and hairstylist makeover you. 

 

You wasn't used to these kinds of things. But your mother insisted since it was your first

time going to a Prom. You glanced at the mirror as the hairstylist prettily curled your hair. 

You had that sad face since you woke up. How are you going to tell to Daehyun

You lowered your hair causing a complain from the stylist.

You slight bowed your head apologizing. 

 

After some hours afternoon came. You were all ready. You just needed to put on 

your dress and shoes and your done. You arrived home and headed immediately

to your room. You didn't want Zelo to see. You wanted to surprise him. 

 

As you apply the last touch ups to your face, you glanced at your pretty red dress. 

You stood up and touched it. Water was forming into your eyes but looked up to not

ruin the makeup. *Silly me. I shouldn't have done it.* you sighed. 

 

Your wore the dress and looked at the mirror. You were so pretty.

The dress flowed beautifully to your body. Your hair was curled in the side

and you were looking stunning. You called your mother and she was speechless. 

 

"Wow you're so beautiful that reminded me my teenage days." your mother fakely 

wiped her cheeks. You chuckled. "Well I got it from you umma." you posed. 

Your mother laughed and you hugged her. 

 

"Umma thank you really for this dress." you the dress. "Nothing." 

she held your hands. "Umma I'm going to do something really stupid tonight." 

you whispered. "Eh?What did you say?" your mother titled her head. 

"Nothing." you shook your head. 

 

"Is Junhong ready?" you asked. "Yes. He's downstairs waiting for you." 

she grinned. "Arasso. I'm leaving now." you smiled and took your bag and blazer.

 

You chuckled at the scene. Zelo was leaning at the railing waiting for you. 

Zelo heard you and lifted his head up. His whole body froze. 

*How can a woman be this beautiful?* he stared at you as you go down. 

"Yah!" you slightly punched his arm. He jumped. 

 

"Oh Minah you look gorgeous." Zelo whispered. You blushed. "Tss. You too. You look

handsome." you made a thumbs up. Zelo chuckled. "So let's go?" he offered his arm.

"Let me be your partner until we arrive there." he said. "Tss. Arasso." you linked arms 

with him laughing. "Bye umma!" you waved and left to the prom with a cab. 

 

"Junhong-ah don't be sad. At least you have a partner! Better having a partner

than going alone to the prom." you shook your head in the cab. 

Zelo rolled his eyes. *My partner is Hyemi not you.* he leaned in the window. 

"Hyemi is the best! She's pretty,smart,talented,kind." you counted with your fingers. 

 

"But she's not you." Zelo whispered. Everything became silently awkward.

You blinked and bit your lip. "Anyways but I have to dance with you uh?" Zelo 

changed the topic. You nodded smiling. 

 

You finally arrived at the place. A lot of people were dressed beautifully. 

But when you arrived the peoples' attention went to you and especially the boys. 

You felt awkward as you recieved a lot of stares. You rubbed your neck. 

"Uhm..." you faced to Zelo. "Your just incredibly pretty that's why." Zelo said. 

 

"Eh?" you looked at your dress and nodded. You were finding for Daehyun when 

a bucket of flowers appeared infront of you. "Omo!" you were startled and looked at

the owner of the hand. "Daehyun oppa." you smiled. 

 

Everything seemed so fast. Your heart was pounding faster now that Daehyun was

infront of you. You felt nervous and anxious. "Here." he handed you the flowers. 

"Thank you." you gave him a tiny smile. 

 

"Hey Minah!" Hyemi appeared beside Daehyun. "Oh hi Hyemi." you waved at her. 

"You look so pretty tonight." Hyemi lied. *Plastic.* Daehyun thought. "You too." 

"Junhong-ah she's here take her." you offered. Zelo rolled his eyes and took her with him. 

 

"You look stunning." Daehyun complimented. You lowered your head while biting your lip. 

"Thank you." you whispered. *Something's wrong with her.* Daehyun worriedly thought. 

"Let's sit." Daehyun offered. You nodded. 

 

After some group dances by your school and after the food was served everyone was

given a chance to dance their special someone. Obviously Daehyun pulled you out. 

You wrapped your hands around Daehyun's neck while he on your waist. 

You danced along the slow beat.

 

Hyemi pleaded Zelo to go to dance since she saw you two. Zelo continiously shook his

head but in the end Hyemi won and she pulled him next to you two. 

 

You smiled as you saw Zelo and Hyemi dancing together.

"Minah thank you." Daehyun whispered. "Huh?For what?" you faced him. 

"For everything. For loving me. For being there for me." he continued. 

 

*Please Daehyun you're making it harder.* you lowered your head.

"Hey did you hear me?" he lifted you chin up. You nodded. You just didn't know

what to say. You will be breaking up with him soon. 

 

You couldn't tell those three words 'I love you'. 

 

Your dance with Daehyun ended and as Zelo told he took you for a dance. 

"I finally got to dance with you. It was awful with Hyemi." Zelo stuck his tongue out. 

You softly chuckled. "Come on she's not that bad." you defended Hyemi.

"I really have this feeling of her being a bad person. I don't know why." Zelo shook his head.

"Tsk paboo." you poked his forehead. "Aish." Zelo muttered and both of you laughed. 

 

Meanwhile Hyemi and Daehyun were talking outside. "You know you should quickly

cut off your relationship with that Minah. She's not even that good for you." 

Hyemi crossed her arms complaining. "What do you want?" Daehyun rolled his eyes annoyed. 

 

*Where is Daehyun?* you finished dancing with Zelo and was going to chat with Daehyun. 

The waiter handed you a drink and you bowed thanking him. You scratched your head

and went outside when you heard someone talking. You were about to call Daehyun 

when Hyemi spoke. 

 

"Can't I talk to my future husband?" Hyemi started to fix Daehyun's necktie. 

 

Both Hyemi and Daehyun heard a glass dropping sound and turned around. 

"What?" you whispered. "Minah!" Daehyun eyes widened. "What is she talking about?!" 

you shouted clenching your fist. 

 

"You heard right Minah. FUTURE HUSBAND." Hyemi emphasized the word

making it worse. "Daehyun and I are getting married." she continued. 

"HYEMI STOP IT." Daehyun shouted. "Why? She needs to know the truth." 

Hyemi continued talking. "We're getting married after graduation." Hyemi smirked.

 

You just stayed there remaining silent. Staring blankly at the floor. 

"You're Kim Hyemi? Daehyun's ex-girlfriend?" you were able to speak. 

"Yes I am. Well I'm letting you settle this alone. I'm leaving now. My work here

is done." Hyemi smirked and left triumphantly.

 

"Minah." Daehyun went closer you. You stepped back. "I thought you have changed."

painful tears started flowing. "You just played with me?!" you shouted. 

"How could you?" you panicked. "Minah listen-" Daehyun grabbed your arm. 

"Don't touch me." you took off your arm agressively. 

 

"Here take this." you took out from your wrist a familiar bracelet. "Take this and give 

it to her." you threw the bracelet to him. The one written 'Jung Daehyun & Kim Hyemi' 

You just believed it was yours and planned to give it to him tonight. 

 

"Let's stop this. You can leave happily with your future wife." you wiped your

continiously flowing tears. "I knew from the start. A playboy always stays a playboy." 

you said. Daehyun felt like he was going to die. Those harsh words.

 

"You're a liar." you sniffed and was about to leave when Daehyun hugged you from behind.

"Leave me." you seriously said. Daehyun hugged you tighter. You closed your eyes 

and silently cried. "Leave me." you once again said and took off his arms and was 

about to leave when Daehyun spoke. 

 

"You said you loved me. You said you wouldn't leave me. What are you doing now?" 

Daehyun cried. "I should have told you sooner. I just couldn't find the right time. 

I didn't want to hurt you." Daehyun lowered your head. "You just did." you said

and left running . Daehyun went down on his knees and cried. 

 

You ran outside when you bumped to Zelo. "Yah what happened to you?!" Zelo

worriedly asked. You hugged him. "Junhong-ah Daehyun was cheating on me." 

you cried your heart out on his chest. "It's so painful Junhong-ah." you let out

an heartbreaking sob.

 

Zelo storked your hair. "Calm down." he patted your back. *I told him to not hurt her.*

Zelo clenched his fist.

 

*I think it's better that it turned out like this. We're over Daehyun even though

it hurts. I was going to break up with him and that was the right thing to do. *

 

Daehyun watched you from the back silenty crying as you hugged Zelo tightly. 

He lowered his head and left. *What have I done?*