The Battle

Busan Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wYyEL2QxMc

 

Sunday had arrived fast. Which means it was the day of Zelo's rap battle.

You had been observing Zelo these past few days, you could see how busy he was

composing lyrics for his rap. His room would be always full of scattered papers. 

 

Zelo proudly smiled as he wrote his last sentence.

"Is it really okay to just do what my hearts tells me to do?"

 

*This is day Choi Junhong. Don't mess up your confession.* he thought.

 

Yes you read right 'confession'. Zelo is finally going to confess to you through

his rap tonight. He just didn't care if you had boyfriend all he wanted to do 

is to tell you how he really feels. Who knows things might change. 

That's his encouragement. 

 

He deeply sighed and started practicing with a comb as mic.

*Fighting! Like Minah always says.*

 

You headed down the to the living room and saw your mom fixing breakfast.

These days you would avoid her from the guilt. Your mom would always smile 

to you. But you just couldn't meet her eyes. 

 

You quietly sat down the table. "Good morning Minah." your mother said 

and sat with you. "Good morning umma." you said lowering your head. 

Your mother sighed and held your hand. You were startled and finally looked 

at her. "Minah. You don't have to worry about me." she softly said.

 

"Umma I'm sorry." you eyes started tearing up. Your mother smiled. 

"It's ok Minah. We will get through this uh?" she squeezed your hand.

You nodded. "I even heard you took a job in the nearby restaurant." 

she said. "As dish washer?" she chuckled. You pouted.

 

"Follow Junhong's words. Don't go again there. Look at your hands. 

They are becoming like mine." she compared your hands with hers. 

"I only wanted to help you, umma." you said. "There are some money on 

my drawer I will give them to you and quit the job." you smiled as a tear fell down.

 

"I love you, Minah." your mother stood up and hugged you. 

"Me too umma." you hugged her tightly feeling all warm and lovely. 

 

Zelo watched the scene from behind and smiled. *Good thing for the both of you.*

he thought and left for his room.

 

You pulled back. "Oh umma I have to tell you something."  you said as your mother

went to her sit and started eating the pancakes she made. "What it is?"

"I'm in relationship with Daehyun." you admitted. "Are you happy with him?"

she asked. "Yes." you nodded happily.

 

"Then it's fine for me." she smiled. "Just be careful. No kids you're still young." 

she warned. You blushed. "Umma!" Your mother laughed. "I'm just kidding. But still-"

"Arasso!" you argued. It remained silent for a second. Both of you laughed.

You two were finally in normal ways again.

 

The whole afternoon you passed it by bonding with your mom. Zelo was left home

since he didn't want to disturb the mother-daughter bonding.

You two spent your day by window-shopping and eating ice cream like teenage girls.

 

You felt weird since Daehyun didn't even contact you. Not even a good morning

text like he always do. *Is he busy?* you pouted as you looked at your wallpaper

which was L from Infinite.

 

You returned home with a lot of laughing and arguing -in a good way-  with your mom.

 

You went to take a hot shower and prepare for Zelo's battle. 

 

Feeling all refreshed and clean you headed downstairs.

You found Zelo talking on his phone. "Yes sir. I'll be there. Thank you."

"Who was that?" you asked as you held at the railing. 

"It's the MC. He told to those who participate to come earlier. You know the way

right?" he asked as he put on his shoes. You nodded. "Yeah see you there." you smiled.

 

"Bye." he waved at you. "Bye Mrs. Park." Zelo waved to your mom. "Good luck." she shouted.

Zelo looked at you and left. 

 

You glanced at your phone. *What is Daehyun doing?* you sighed. He didn't contact you all they.

 

After riding the bus, he arrived at the place. Loud music can be already heard.

*It feels weird without Minah.* Zelo thought and went to find his other rapper friends.

 

On his way he met no other than Zico. They both faced each other. 

"I see your girl is not here." Zico searched through the people smirking.

"Oh well she's coming later. She doesn't want to see your face,that would ruin her mood."

Zelo bravely said with a challenging smirk on his face. Zico rolled his eyes.

 

"Let's just meet at the stage. I have a feeling that I will win today." Zico sarcastically laughed.

"In your dreams." Zelo smirked and left.

 

The rap battles already started. Everyone was hyper and followed along the beat.

*Where are you Minah?* Zelo who was at the so called 'backstage' searched you. 

"Hey." someone tapped Zelo's shoulder. Zelo turned. "Oh Yongguk hyung." 

Zelo and Yongguk bumped their fist together. 

 

"Hey how are you?" Yongguk said. "I'm fine." Zelo nodded.

"Is Minah here? Shouldn't she be with you?" Yongguk asked. "She's on her way now." 

Zelo hoped. "Fine. So I'm next." Yongguk looked at the stage. "Good luck."

Zelo patted his shoulder. "Thanks bro." Yongguk said and went on the stage.

Everyone was cheering on him.

 

 

You were left alone in your house since your mother went to her part-time work

in the supermarket. You grabbed your bag ready to leave when someone doorbelled.

"Oh?" you opened the door and was shocked.

 

Zelo was getting worried. *Where is she?* he bit his lip nervously. 

"You're next." a man said and handed him a mic. Zelo wasn't ready. 

Zico proudly went up the stage and Zelo followed on the back.

 

He searched through the crowd. You were not there. Zelo lowered his head.

Zico started rapping nicely and everyone cheered on him. Zico would face

Zelo cursing him with rap. Zelo just stood there not telling a word.

 

Zico had finished recieving cheers from the crowd. It was Zelo's turn now.

Everyone anicipated him. Zelo just stared blankly.

 

"I quit." Zelo said to the mic and was about to leave when Zico spoke throught the mic.

"I see your girl didn't came. She dumped you right?." Zico smirked. 

Zelo clenched his fist. "Oh I see you even prepared a flower." Zico saw on Zelo's pocket a rose

and grabbed it. 

 

Everybody whispered. Yongguk sadly watched and waited for Zelo's reaction.

 

"Oh it must hurt." Zico touched his chest pretending. "She must didn't like you that's 

why she didn't came. You poor thing-" He stopped talking when a fist met his face.

 

Zelo had punched Zico. Zico fell down. "Shut up you ******* " Zelo cursed and left angrily

and disappointed on you, the stage. Yongguk shook his head. 

 

"So in this round it's clear that Zico wins!" the MC announced. Zico stood up

wiping the blood in his lip and cheered with his friends. 

 

Zelo left the place and just let his feet walked for him. *She didn't came.* 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No hate to ZICO! He's an awesome rapper. I just thought that he would

suit the character more! Anyways comment and subscribe! Thank you!