What a night!

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE: What a night!

{ This was getting out of hand. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Hyejung trudged angrily down the stairs, hastily scanning for the whereabouts of either Heejin or Kai. In such a wide-spread room with a mass sea of people, it seemed impossible to even catch a glimpse of them. 

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Hyejung clenched her fists, standing still at the foot of the stairs. Her every heaved breath seemed rushed as her heartbeat thumped hard against her chest in anxiety. She tried telling herself to calm down, but her entire system couldn't seem to after her abrupt discovery.

Just by her feelings, Hyejung realized that she really did care a lot. But right at that moment, all she wanted to do was give Heejin a piece of her mind. And of course, her fist. 

Hyejung coughed, a stale feeling enveloping her insides. "Ugh dear God, why is my throat so dry?" she groaned, starting to rub from the crook of her neck and upwards. "Agh, I never got a drink in a while. Man, I'm freakin' parched."

Skirting pass groups upon groups of people, Hyejung speedily made it to the bar. On the counter, was a selection of sparkling water on the right while there were alcoholic beverages on the left. Hyejung looked at both choices, seeing them as the exact same thing without reading the little tags at the bottom.

"Oh, what the heck," she mumbled, shrugging as she reached out to grab a glass.

So, which one did Hyejung take? Well, let's just say it wasn't the right.

After taking one mere glance at the glass, Hyejung took her chances and guzzled down the beverage. She almost gagged when a sudden stinging heat shot down , leaving a lingering, bitter sensation.

"Man, what kind of sparkling water is this?" Hyejung muttered incoherently, snorting as she placed the glass back on the counter. "Now, what I was gonna do again?" she asked herself, scratching the back of her neck. "Ah, right. I gotta find that damn , Kim Heejin and kick her . Possibly falcon kick her .  Ah, right, right."

Hyejung walked away from the bar - well, more like staggered - and looked around, craning her neck for any sign of the pretty girl in pink and a tall, sun-kissed guy. 

Just then, a familiar, golden voice was heard right behind her. "Oh, Hyejung!"

Hyejung whirled around, a bit too quickly, and abruptly stumbled into a pair of white clothed arms. "Oof!"

"Ah! Hyejung, are you okay?" Luhan chuckled, meeting eyes with Hyejung the moment she looked up. "I've been looking for you a while now."

"L-Luhan? Hey, what are you doing here?" Hyejung stammered, gradually growing a bit dizzy in the head. 

Luhan chuckled, helping Hyejung get back to her feet. "I was invited. Didn't I tell you that already?"

Hyejung blinked repeatedly, her body tilted slightly to the side. "Oh. Really?" It seemed like the alcohol was mildly starting taking affect on her.

Luhan nodded with a smile. "Yeah. So, I see you're wearing the dress," he noticed, nudging Hyejung playfully in the arm. "You look absolutely lovely, tonight. Stunning, even." He smiled warmly.

"Aww, why thanks a bunch Lulu. That's mighty sweet of ya," Hyejung cooed, slapping the boy's arm bashfully. Luhan blinked in surprise at Hyejung's actions, but he just smiled it away. 

Hyejung raked her eyes over Luhan's lean body, and she nodded in approval. "I-I mean, you don't look too bad yourself. You look like an angel that just fell fresh from outta heaven," she giggled, nudging him with her elbow. "Did it hurt when that happened? Huh? Huh??" 

Luhan cleared his throat, turning a bit pink in embarrassment. "O-Oh, I uh, I didn't...I mean, it didn't hurt. I-It didn't happen!" he scratched the back of neck and chortled sheepishly. "Well, um, thanks anyway Hyejung." He smiled yet again, his eyes disappearing into the shape of crescent moons.

Hyejung nodded before she slowly whirled her head in the direction of the dance floor. There she finally spotted Heejin and Kai, rocking back and forth to the music. By the looks of it, it seemed like Heejin was happily giving Kai an oh-too-engaging conversation. The lad just nodded, a tight smile on his lips. It looked like something or maybe even someone was indwelling his thoughts. 

Heejin pouted, squeezing her current dance partner's arm for attention. "Kai-oppa." 

"Huh? Wh-What?" Kai blurted, unfocused. He looked down at Heejin and cleared his throat. "Um, yeah, what is it Heejin?"

"I just complimented you for your dance at the competition. You did very well! Even with the fall and all..." Heejin trailed off, looking up at Kai with glistening orbs. 

"Ah. Thanks." Kai nodded, attempting a meek smile. 

"Hmph," Heejin harrumphed, jutting her pretty pink lips. "Were you even paying attention to me? You look like you have a lot on your mind."

Kai shrugged, assuring, "It's nothing really. Don't worry about it."

Heejin nodded, softly sighing to herself. *I know you well, Kim Jongin. Something's on your mind, and I have a hunch it's a someone.* She frowned at the thought, having a pretty good knowledge of who it was. Not wanting to think about it, she continued to sway blissfully. 

Meanwhile, Hyejung bit the inside of her cheek, formulating some sort of plan with narrow eyes. Although, it was kinda difficult because her mind was slowly losing it's temperate, proper function due to the strong beverage she just drank. 

"Aye, Lu," Hyejung mumbled, drawing her eyes back to the said boy. "Can you do me an itty bitty favor?" 

Cutely, Luhan blinked and nodded. "Sure. What is it, Hyejung?"

Hyejung gave a crooked smirk, abruptly taking Luhan's hand and pulling him to the dance floor. Luhan's eyes widened, taken by surprise by Hyejung's frank move. "Hyejung where are you- woah!"

Kai's instincts crept up, and he just so happened to turn his head. He raised an eyebrow, seeing Hyejung drag Luhan onto the dance floor. After spotting Hyejung's hand snugly clasped with Luhan's, Kai immediately felt a uncomfortable jerk in his heart. *What the hell is she doing with him?*

Hyejung eyes glared in determination as she abruptly stopped trudging, spinning to face Luhan. If she was completely sober like earlier, she wouldn't believe what she was just about to do.

Though her petite size didn't show it, Hyejung swiftly pulled Luhan her to him with one swift, grim tug. Aghast, Luhan opened his mouth and closed it as Hyejung smoothly wrapped his arm around her waist, placing her own hand on his shoulder. "Hyejung-"

"Lu," Hyejung placed a finger against his lips, and Luhan crossed his round eyes. "I'm n-not feeling like myself, e-exactly...so, I'm sowwy if I don't make any sense."

"Um...okay," Luhan nodded, unsurely. "But are you sure you're all right, though?"

Hyejung made a tiny hiccup, flailing her arm before slapping Luhan's shoulder lightly. "I never felt better." she gave a lop-sided grin, chortling. "Now, let's dance."

Compared to normal self, Hyejung seemed a lot braver and more confident when it came to ballroom dancing. The pair smoothly rocked and gracefully twirled around the dance floor, the classical musical engulfed in their limbs, and all the while it seemed like they were trying to tactfully approach to Kai and Heejin who were all the across the dance floor.

The moment Heejin and Kai were in the line of sight, Hyejung absentmindedly tugged Luhan closer so that their bodies touched. The boy's pretty eyes rounded at the immediate closeness, but he remained cool and collected. After staying in that intimate position for several moments, Luhan realized he liked the warm feeling. He could even get used to it if he was given the chance.

Discreetly, Hyejung and Luhan continued to dance until they were passing by Kai and Heejin. With her head innocently turned, Hyejung stuck out her foot and sneakily whacked it hard against Heejin's.

"Agh!" Heejin squeaked, tripping over her own two feet in an utterly obnoxious matter. Being in such deep thought, Kai barely managed to save her falling on her arse when he grasped her by the arms. 

"What in the world? Yah, how on earth did the happened?!" Heejin blatantly questioned, speedily scanning the area for any sign of suspicious behavior. 

Kai blinked. "Eh? I thought you tripped by yourself."

Heejin scoffed incredulously, "Of course not! I would never do such a horrific thing." 

"Oh, I should have known that. My mistake," Kai promptly correct, straining his neck to look around the room. 

Meanwhile, Hyejung grinned, a victorious vibe fulfilling her. "Hyejung: 1. Heejin: 0," she snickered, light-headedly. 

Luhan tilted his head, glancing from Heejin back to Hyejung. "Hyejung, I know you dislike Heejin, but I don't understand why you're exactly doing this."

Hyejung shrugged carelessly. "I don't know eitha. Well, I think I know, but for some reason I can't even rememba." She waved her hand coolly, rocking back and forth. "Eh, I'll tell ya later, LuLu."

As the pair danced and rotated back towards the side-lines, Hyejung made sure to secretly shove Heejin harshly. She evilly smirked from ear to ear, hearing yet another irritated, abrupt shriek from the girl in pink.

Hyejung turned her head to the side, quickly spotting the back a familiar, lanky boy. "Giraffe...ah, aye, Yeollie!" she hollered, almost in a slur.

"Huh?" Chanyeol whipped around, and flashed his wide, toothy grin. "Oh! Ayo, Hyejung, wassup?!"

Lifting her hand off of Luhan's shoulder, Hyejung waved Chanyeol to come over. Once the lad did, Hyejung whispered something in his ear, having to go on her tippy toes due to the towering height difference.

After a few moments, Hyejung pulled away and slapped Chanyeol's arm. "Sooo you got dat, Yeollie? Huh?!" 

Chanyeol vigorously nodded, holding up a thumbs up. "Yup! Gotcha! But, are you okay?" He ran his fingers through his curly locks. "You sound like you blue cheese up your freakin' nostrils."

"Me? Cheese-uh?! Nahh, Imma gooood." Hyejung laughed gaudily, and Chanyeol guffawed along with her, thinking everything is perfectly fine. He then bustled off in the direction of the sound system.

Hyejung and Luhan slowly danced away from the sides, migrating back to the middle of the dance floor. "Hmm. It looks like your up to something, Hyejung," Luhan prompted, curiosity gleaming his bright eyes.

"Now whatever do ya mean, Lulu? Is it that easay ta tell?" Hyejung suddenly tilted her head, and by instinct Luhan used a hand to hold it up straight. 

Luhan chuckled, knowing Hyejung was a bit tipsy. Okay, maybe more that that, but still. As the classical music came to an calm, appropriate end, Luhan shrugged coolly. "I just have this hunch. It shows in your...delirious eyes."

Hyejung snorted, slapping Luhan's arm. "Aish, don't use big words I don't know, Lulu. Ya' confusing me, y'know. And oh," Languidly lowering her hands, she deftly undid the two buttons of Luhan's white suit. She smirked, crookedly, murmuring, "I think these will need to be done for whut we gunna do." 

Kai and Heejin stopped swaying for a moment, waiting for the next song to be played. Well, Kai actually wanted to go back and find his date, but he also didn't want to just ditch his childhood friend so rudely. He sighed poorly to himself, yet he put an effort in painting an miniscule, amiable smile upon his features. 

To Heejin's surprise, the music abruptly switched to an peppy rock song; Jet's Are You Gonna Be My Girl.

Gaping, Heejin uttered breathless, incoherent noises as the pair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter