Failure?

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Failure?

{ "You know the answer, Kai." } * Click for BGM!

 

"Are you sure your plan is going to work?" D.O. asked, his round eyes glowing in uncertainty.

Baekhyun nodded in agreement. "Yeah. She's a lot more stubborn copmpared to the other girls you dealt with, Kai."

Confidently striding up the entrance stairs of the school along with his two friends, Kai smiled to himself. His plan of convincing Hyejung was going to be a simple success. No doubt about it.

Although, he could be wrong.

"Don't worry guys. Hyejung can't resist me forever," Kai said, coolly sliding his hands into his slack pockets. D.O. and Baekhyun glanced at each other, hopelessly shrugging their shoulders.

Kai's slick demeanor turned up a notch the minute he sauntered inside the school. The numerous girls who scurried by whispered and squealed anxiously as they watched the kingka suavely pace down the halls. It didn't take Kai very long to spot Hyejung at her locker, fussing hopelessly with her mini uniform skirt.

Kai lightly shook his head in amusement. 

Placing his hand on Kai's shoulder, D.O. let out a sigh. "Well good luck. I think you'll need it."

Baekhyun pursed his lips and nodded, walking away with D.O.

"Aish! Stupid, stupid!" Hyejung stomped her foot in frustration before snatching one of her textbooks from her locker. The damn skirt was testing her patience.

Kai came to a slow stop and leaned against the locker right next Hyejung's. She didn't seem to notice his presence at first before shifting her eyes to the right. A breathtaking smirk was plastered upon Kai's handsome face.

"Oh, it's you," Hyejung mumbled, cocking an eyebrow up. "What's up?" she casually greeted, closing her locker door shut.

"Eh nothing much, just focusing on you," Kai charmed, leaning in towards her face. Hyejung's eyes warily rounded as the lad reached out to cup her chin.

"I'll gladly walk you to class...if you do a little something for me," Kai whispered, gently lifting the tomboy's chin upwards to meet eye contact. He gazed deeply into Hyejung's bright, suspicious eyes. 

Hyejung eyed Kai incredulously, silently waiting for his answer.

"Will you be my team mate?" Kai tenderly murmured, his eyes glowing mischief.

Skeptically narrowing her eyes at Kai, Hyejung loudly snorted, "Pfft! Yah. I don't need some dude to me. Who do you think I am? The Queen of England?"

*Brrinnnnggg~*

Taking a step back, Hyejung managed to get released by Kai's tender grasp. She wiped her touched chin roughly with the face of her palm, smacking her hands in a wiping motion shortly after.

"Hyejungie!" Sehun called out, standing a few feet away with Chanyeol.

Cupping his hands around his mouth, Chanyeol hollered in deep, booming voice, "Yah! We got to head to class now!"

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Hyejung called over her shoulder.

Glancing up at Kai, she muttered, "Ah. Well, I'll see you at lunch baboon." 

Standing up on her tippy-toes, jokingly patting Kai's head, "Yah. Be a good boy today. Arasso?" she said, an exaggerated, motherly tone escaping her lips.

Turning on her heels, Hyejung strode down the halls with Sehun and Chanyeol. She acted like nothing happened.

Kai continued to stare at her until she turned the corner. He got rejected. Just like yesterday. 

Shaking his head, Kai puffed his cheeks up with air and then sighed. "Aish. I need a different approach."

His plan wasn't going to fail. Nope, not at all.

"Yah, what's with Kai?" Chanyeol curiously asked Hyejung, nudging her as they walked into class.

Hyejung lazily shrugged. "I don't even know. He's just being weird is all."

~*~

A few days passed and Kai's persistent and strange behavior on Hyejung did not cease.

After using the best of his charms and smooth, flirty words, Kai would always ask the same question. Of course, Hyejung would constantly say no.

But she had a reason for it. 

Hyejung's repetitive response confused Kai greatly. He gave several "profitable" reaso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter