Dance Battle

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Dance Battle

{ I will never let that happen. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Wednesday had arrived, and the tension Hyejung was receiving from her fellow students did not cease. People either glanced at her incredulously or ertedly stare at her, and it was all thanks to her stupid uniform skirt. 

It was dance class, and all the students were dressed and ready to begin. Hyejung was touching her toes for stretching, taking in steady breaths. When she lifted her body up, Heejin strutted pass her, tossing her hair to the side with a light scoff. 

Hyejung snorted, rolling her eyes at the girl. "Immature snob."

The sound of a high whistle was abruptly heard, and all the students turned their attention towards the two teachers.

"All right class! Enough with the stretching. We are going to start of class with something fun!" Mr. Gong announced.

"Mr. Gong and I decided to involve each and every one of you in a little friendly competition." Miss Lee grinned her pearly whites. Murmuring and soft chatter was heard throughout the room as the students nudged each other in anticipation.

Miss Lee clapped her hands for attention. "So! We'll be doing a dancing competition. There will be one male winner and one female winner. These two winners will receive free dinner at Mr. Gong's Korean BBQ Restaurant!" 

As Mr. Gong waved two tickets in his finger tips, all the students cheered and whooped. Everyone knew Mr. Gong's family restaurant. After all, it was one of the best places in Seoul to get Korean BBQ.

"Each of you will pick your song of choice. So, let's begin!" Mr. Gong picked up his clipboard. 

Hyejung smirked to herself, crossing her arms with sly confidence. It all sounded good to her.

The boys lined up at one wall while the girls lined up at the opposite one. Mr. Gong and Miss Lee would call up random names, and each student would show off the best of their moves. Oohs and awes were abundant throughout the entire dance studio. Many students had smiles on their faces as they clapped and enjoyed the fun. Like Hyejung, they all had a passion for the art.

Heejin was currently doing her routine. She swiftly swayed her hips and took every step in a precise feminine and beautiful motion. Guys gawked at her spicy moves and her porcelain face. Heejin knew how to put on a show that's for sure.

The rhythmic song came to an end. Like usual, she received a standing ovation from her peers. As Mr. Gong and Miss Lee took note of the breathtaking performance, Heejin started walking back to the girls' side.

Miss Lee scanned her clipboard which listed the female students. "All right, Seo Hyejung! You're up!"

Hyejung pushed herself off the wall as Heejin breezily came back, a cocky smirk upon her lips.

Grabbing her wattle bottle off the floor, Heejin mocked, "Go ahead. Show us your moves, commoner."

The two girls shared piercing glowering. Hyejung clenched her jaw with shot of competitive nature soaring up her spin. Oh, how she would love to wipe that dirty smirk off the queen's face.

Sehun and Kai quietly watched the two girls' fierce glares from across the room. Sehun gulped, murmuring, "Wow, if only looks could kill." 

Spinning on her heels, Hyejung strode up to the two teachers. "Do you guys have Infinite's Before the Dawn?" she quietly asked, rubbing her clammy hands together in anxiety.

Miss Lee and Mr. Gong exchanged curious glances, and they both nodded in sync. "Yes, we do. You're going to dance to it?" Mr. Gong asked.

*No, I'm just going to sit in the middle of the room and listen to it. Obviously,* Hyejung thought, but she clamped shut from speaking her mind. Instead, she nodded affirmatively. "Yeah. I'm ready whenever the music starts."

Whipping her body around, Hyejung took a few paces forward. She stopped when she was in the center of the dance studio. After a few silent moments passed, the music loudly boomed through the speakers.

"Because I listen to my heart beat one by one~"

Hyejung was instantaneously into the song, and it didn't take long for her lips to curve into a smile of enjoyment. Her every intricate step and arm movement were brisk and dynamic as the song flowed through her senses. Later into the song, a couple students were singing along to the song and bobbing their heads to the tune. Miss Lee and Mr. Gong kept note of the tomboy's raw and incredible talent.

When Hyejung did the swift scorpion dance, some of the students murmured in surprise. It took them aback as they wondered how a meer skinny girl could accomplish such a tricky move. 

Sehun's mouth was openly gaped as he watched Hyejung continue to dance. He nudged Kai in excitement, pointing at the Hyejung glide across the room. "Wow! Did you see that? Hyejung's so good! Amazing!"

Kai shrugged his shoulders, having a poker face as he sipped his water bottle. "She's okay."

"Okay?! Man. You lost your marbles, Kai," Sehun proclaimed, skeptically shaking his head. Kai rolled his eyes, a light smirk appearing on his lips. Though he did not show any sign of it, Kai was actually impressed with Hyejung's passionate dancing. 

Meanwhile, Heejin bitterly scowled at Hyejung's dancing with moody, crossed arms. She resisted on believing that Hyejung had such great potential. "Tsk. Newbie's luck."

Soon the song came to a close. Hyejung didn't receive an abundance of cheers like Heejin did, but she didn't really mind. As long as Hyejung was able to dance to song that wasn't a girl group song, she was happy.

Striding off the center of the room, Hyejung plopped down onto the floor and leaned her back against the wall. She panted, sli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter