New Sensations

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO: New Sensations

{ "I guess I like keeping things simple." } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Saturday morning.

Hyejung slept diagonally on the bed, a pillow over her snoring face. Her right leg dangled carelessly over the bed side, the other wobbly and propped up. She was too occupied in her personal dream land to turn over so her face wouldn't met with the floor.

But what kept her so distracted? What could she possibly be dreaming about?

Kai suddenly pulled her into his arms, caressing her tightly in his soothing embrace. "Hyejung, thanks for worrying about me. It means a lot coming from you."

Hyejung wrinkled her button nose, squeezing the pillow against her chest. She tossed her head back and forth, wondering why on earth she was dreaming about the boy.

"Well, you said you care for me...does that mean you love me too?"

Just then, the bright glimmer of sunshine illuminated through the white curtains, smacking right dab on Hyejung's face. The dreams immediately vanished away, just like that.

Irritated at the abrupt disturbance, Hyejung moaned groggily, flipping onto her side. She unconsciously buried her contorted face in the nearest thing beside her, which happened to be Kai. 

With her nose and cheeks pressed against Kai's firm and carved chest, Hyejung gripped onto the cozy fabric of his t-shirt, softly inhaling his alluring, light scent. She twitched her nose, not in disgust or agitation, but in warmth and pleasure.

*Ahh, Saturdays...no school, more sleep,* Hyejung thought, her lips curving into a blissful, lopsided smile. Suddenly, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion when she clearly noticed and felt Kai's quiet, steady breathing. *But what is this thing I'm leaning against? It feels like it's...alive?* 

Hyejung lazily peeled her eyes open, fluttering them in a few blinks. Slowly, she lifted her chin to find her nose meeting with Kai's full, plump lips. Hyejung's hazy brown eyes gradually grew bigger in size as she stared at Kai's sharp, handsome face which was only a few centimeters away from her. 

*What the he-?!* Hyejung yelped in shock, attempting on pushing herself as far away as possible, but Kai already s his arm tightly around her small frame. He pulled her back into his tender grasp, hugging her tightly. A soft sigh of content escaped his parted lips.

*Oh dear lord, skin-ship, crapcrapcrap,* Hyejung helplessly chanted her mind, biting furiously on her lip. With her cheeks crazily and heatedly red, Hyejung frantically tried squirming and pushing herself out of Kai's reckless grasp, but she was unsuccessful.

Hyejung was dumbfounded. For the love of all things good, how did she end up in the same freakin' bed as Kim Jongin?

But then she remembered.

"Hyejung," Kai murmured, glancing at his hand wrapped around the said girl's arm. "I'd hate to feel lonely on Valentine's Day. Stay with me."

*Crap. I must've fell asleep during that cheesy- movie,* Hyejung mentally groaned, peeking down at her loose attire; she was still in her after-school clothes from yesterday afternoon. *Aish, why didn't Kai wake me up? Ugh, his parents probably think I'm a freakin' or the heck.*

Hyejung bit the inside of her cheek, slapping Kai's upper chest. "Y-Yah, Kai!" All the boy did was groan incoherently, leaning his face closer. The chanting in Hyejung's mind turned into a never-ending string of curses, her heart thumping wildly inside of her. If Kai was awake, he could probably and perhaps easily feel Hyejung's heartbeat against him.

"Kai, th-this isn't freakin' funny! Would you let go-!" Hyejung's words abruptly got stuck in the back of when she felt Kai grab her by the arms, rolling over so the girl laid right on top of him. 

Hyejung gulped, her haggard fringe in a disheveled array. She timidly lifted her face up, looking down at Kai through her thick, uneven lashes. Bewildered and utterly flustered, she watched as Kai lightly tilted his head back and forth, his plump lips temptingly puckered. 

With a huff, Hyejung shook her head. "Seriously, this guy," she mumbled. "Yah Kai, stop dreaming about whatever crap you freakin' dream about and just wake--"

Once again, Hyejung was caught off. Kai suddenly slid his deft hand around her neck, gently bringing her face down to meet his. At the same time, Kai slightly hoisted himself up, still soaring in his little dreamland. 

At the moment, their softly reddened lips met in the middle. 

With her heartbeat accelerating overwhelmingly against her weakened chest, Hyejung's eyes grew into the complete size of saucers. Her brittled body stiffened, and she felt herself growing light-headed all because of the fact that Kai's full lips were delicately pressing onto hers.

He was kissing her.

*Holy mother of--* Without a doubt, Hyejung was definitely wide awake now.

But since Kai was still sleeping, would this be considered a sleep-kiss..?

Although the kiss lasted for only a few long seconds, it seemed like endless centuries to Hyejung. She could no longer bear the fiery heat sweeping over her face and her pulsating heart. It was a whole new sensation. 

In one brisk and immediate moment, Hyejung pushed herself away from Kai with shock written all over her face. Her arms flailed when she felt herself falling out of the bed, and she unexpectedly plummeted onto the carpeted floor. "Oof!"

Hyejung slowly sat up with grown, vigorously rubbing the back of her neck due to the sudden fall. "Aish! God, my freakin' head--" she agitatedly blurted, but then she froze. 

A million different thoughts swarmed in Hyejung's mind as she warily lifted her fingers, lightly sweeping them over her pink, freshly tender lips. She turned her head, straining her neck to peer over at the dozing Kai. The boy tousled in bed, sprawling freely since the bed had more room now.

Hyejung speedily whipped her head away, staring down at her lap with her eyes popping out of her sockets. She was extremely befuddled. *What. the. heck. Oh my freakin', did I just--*

All of a sudden, the bedroom door burst open.

"YAH, RISE AND SHINE YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING--" Chanyeol bellowed to Kai, but then he halted when he spotted Hyejung stunned and plopped on the floor, right at the foot of the bed. The skyscraper blinked. "Hyejung?"

"Hyejungie? Wait, Hyejungie's here?!" Sehun soon popped into the room with the rest of Exo-K swiftly following suite. "Oh, Hyejungie is here!" Sehun squealed, happily rushing to his beloved buddy.

Hyejung shook her head slightly, trying to get herself back to normal. "O-Oh, uh, hey guys," she greeted, taking a quick glance at Kai who groggily sat up in bed.

Kai drowisly rubbed his hooded eyes, confused. "Urgh...guys, what the freakin' hell are you doing here? And so early in the morning too," he groaned, trailing his fingers through his birdnest hair. Though the lad just woken up, he still managed to look like heart-stopping model. 

"Oh, please. It's 10 o' clock, so quit being a lazy-," D.O. retorted, slapping Kai's leg.

Suho chuckled good-naturedly, approaching to the bedside. "Well, we wanted to come over as soon as possible. You know, after the incident and all." 

Kai yawned, offering the elder latter a crooked, thankful smile. "Oh. Thanks."

"So, how are you feeling?" Baekhyun asked, curious.

"Tired. I'm fine, really. I just need to wash up." Kai kicked his legs out of the covers, trudging over to his bedroom bathroom. He stopped halfway when he felt someone staring him attentively. The lad turned his head and met eye-contact with Hyejung, who abruptly jolted in surprise.  

"What's up with you? You look you just had a wet dream or something." Kai raised a brow, but a natural smirk graced upon his lips, oblivious to the fact he kissed the girl right in front of him.

"Wh-What?!" Hyejung stammered, all the boys watching her every movement. "Psh, o-of course not! Just get in the freakin' bathroom, baboon," she snapped, plastering on a strange face towards the latter. But behind that expression, Hyejung felt herself growing weak in the knees. She stubbornly resisted the feeling, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Kai coolly shrugged. "As you wish," he wistfully teased, strolling into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him.

Sehun beamed, tugging on Hyejung's sleeve. "Come on, Hyejungie. Let's go downstairs for breakfast!"

Hyejung, who was dazing at the closed bathroom door dumbfoundedly, blinked up at the maknae. "Eh? Oh. Yeah, er, okay."

Exo-K filed out of the bedroom, strolling down the stairs with having absolutely no idea about what just happened. Hyejung quietly followed suite, her poor brain and heart in a discombulated, heated mess. 

What was she supposed to do with herself now?

~*~

With the help of her silver fork, Hyejung poked idly at her scramble eggs. A million thoughts frantically stirred in her mind. Everything happened so fast and unexpectedly, and heck she wasn't mentally prepared for what had just happened. Hyejung found herself getting dizzy for pondering too much, her face coated in confusion and sleepiness. 

Hyejung shook her shaggy head vigorously, repeatedly telling herself, *Okay, maybe it was just a dream. Yeah! A dream, a dream, a dream-- oh dear lord, who am I kidding?* She groaned defeatedly, propping her elbow o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter