Awkward

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Awkward

{ The feeling...it was foreign to her. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Hyejung's body was stiff as a board, utterly dumbfounded. She stared up at Kai with large, round eyes that could easily compete with D.O's. 

Kai, who was inwardly shocked at the sudden closeness, deeply chuckled down at the tomboy. "Ohh, so that's what your face looks like. It's charming I suppose," he coyly teased, a smirk tugging on the corner of his plump lips.

Balancing himself on one hand, Kai gently grazes his fingertips over Hyejung's bangs, shifting them to the side. "Although, it can use a tad bit work..." His deep, alluring eyes wandered about on her facial features.

Still being very startled, Hyejung lightly shook her head to snap herself out of her stunned dazed. Her face turned into a scowl as she stared up at the cocky boy, her cheeks heating red in a mixture of fury and embarrassment. *Why this little-!*

Before she could push Kai off of her and give him a piece of her mind, an array of male voices were heard right outside the door. 

The door swung wide open and five bodies strode inside. 

Oh God. No no no.

Suho was the first one to enter in. "Kai? Hyejung? We brought some take-out for-" the leader dramatically gasped, almost losing his grasp on the bucket of fried chicken he carried. Baekhyun gawked whilst D.O. rubbed his wide eyes at the shocking scene. 

"YOO! Ayo waddup everyboday-!" Chanyeol coolly strode in, but then his eyes instantaneously popped out of his sockets. "Holy Shi- What the heck is this?!" The skyscraper of a dude abruptly became speechless. Mindblown.

"Hyungs, what happened?!" the maknae ran inside, and his innocence was suddenly tested. "Omo, omo, are Hyejung and Kai doing it?! Already?!" he pointed a shaky finger towards the awfully awkward pair, glancing at the four older boys in an ogled question.

"Heck, NO!" Hyejung and Kai exclaimed, in complete unison.

They whipped their heads to meet eye contact, and Hyejung made no hesitation to shove Kai back with incredible force, making him stumble onto his . "Oof!"

Hyejung jumped up to her feet, attempting on brushing herself off in a casual manner. It was slightly off to say the last. *Well, that was awkward. Augh...* she ruffled her fringe, squinting one eye in agitation. 

"Hyejung..? What just happened?" Baekhyun questioned, gesturing his hands about. 

D.O. quietly groaned, face-palming. "Kai, you idiotic ert," he disappointedly mumbled.

The tan-skinned boy started to fume, and he thrashed his arms in the air, "H-Hey! I did not do it on purpose-!"

"All riiight." Hyejung abruptly cleared , catching the Exo-K boys' attention. They all still possessed an utterly startled and mind-boggled expression.

"Uh, oh hey! You brought food!" Hyejung exclaimed, running over to her cousin and snatching the bucket of chicken. She opened the lid, taking a peek. "Ooh this is my favorite too...ah~" started to water as she walked away with the bucket possessively in her grasp.

Plopping onto the floor with her legs crossed Indian style, the tomboy grabbed a chicken leg and started hungrily munching away at it.

The room was silent, and the only sound that was heard throughout the entire room was Hyejung taking every huge bite with graciousness.

Kai, who still sat on the floor, slowly shifted his gaze up to his friends. They darted their eyes to the dark haired boy, giving him a dark questioning look. Kai's eyes became down casted, scowling.

"Er, so! Who's hungry?! I know I am!" Sehun vibrantly chirped, scurrying over to Hyejung and sliding down into a sitting position beside her. He cheekily grinned at her, snatching his own piece of chicken.

Soon the other boys gave in, and sat in a circle around the lonely fried chicken bucket. 

Suho took a seat beside Kai as the other boys loudly chatted and ate away. The leader was silently staring at Kai, suspicion in his bright brown eyes.

It didn't take long for Kai to notice the feeling of someone watching him. He boringly turned his gaze towards his hyung, tilting his head with a blank expression. "Huh?"

"I have my eye on you Kai. I hope you're intentions were good." Suho quietly said, in an overly father-like tone. 

Kai's eyes widened, starting to refute, "But Suho-!"

"No 'buts', Kai." Suho stated, giving a stern eye to the younger boy. "I mean it." he continued back to eating.

The tan-skinned boy could only blink skeptically at the leader, flabbergasted. Kai shook his head, like a reluctant son's reaction to the discipline of his father. *Aish, hyung. He always overreacts! I'm not that p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter