Many Thoughts

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: Many Thoughts

{ I wish there was a better way. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Unfortunately for most, it didn't take long for school to be up and running once again. 

Kai coolly strode down the school halls, his backpack slung over his shoulder. Although he dreaded listening to boring lectures, he didn't necessarily mind the admiring attention he regularly received from his peers.

A charming smile appeared on Kai's plump lips, amiably nodding to a few girls who cheerfully greeted him. "Kyaaa~! Kai-oppa is so handsome!" they cooed, giggling as scurried to their classes in glee. 

Quietly chuckled to himself, and it didn't take long for the oh-so-famous room 214 to be in sight.

Kai's gradually slowed down his pace. As he continued to gaze at the room, it automatically carried thoughts of the tomboy into mind.

Ever since he took a timid liking to Hyejung, the change of heart made Kai rather confused. He found himself in question at times, but nevertheless he desired to make his feelings perfectly crystal clear. And it would gradually happen, step by step. 

Kai took a breath in, shaking the thoughts away. Hip-hop music and loud chatter were heard within the dance studio, and it became utterly vibrant when Kai opened the door and strolled inside. 

"Hey, it's Kai!" a guy exclaimed, giving the said boy a high-five.

Heejin's whole body perked up at the sound of that popular name. She swiftly turned herself around, her face instantaneously turning bright as she spotted the boy she admired like no other. She silently watched him in curiousty. 

Just as Kai was making his over to the boys' locker room, Hyejung just came out of the girls' locker room fixing the drawstrings of her sweat pants.

Kai pursed his lips with his eyes downcasted. His brain had a short malfunction, and he shook his head to get a hold of himself. *Okay Kai, it's just Hyejung. Nothing's changed. Well, just a tiny bit on your part, but still. Just act natural.*

Lifting his head in confidence, Kai looked directly at Hyejung. "Hey." he greeted.

Hyejung abruptly stopped, looking up with her hands still grasping the cloth strings. "Oh, it's you." she bluntly said, making Kai inwardly roll his eyes.

"Yes, it's me," Kai mused, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "So, you ready?"

Hyejung tilted her head, drawing her attention back down to the strings. "Huh? For what?"

"For today? Dancing?" Kai emphasized, resisting to face-palm. "Did some internal disfunction happen in your brain or something during the break?" he joked, poking the side of Hyejung's head with a grin.

"Aish!" she swatted Kai's hand in annoyance. "I'm just a bit slow today. Don't mind me." she carelessly waved her hand, shaking her shaggy hair out of her her eyes. 

Kai glanced to the side. "Oh, but I do mind," he stubbornly murmured, barely audible.

"Huh? Hey, did you say something?" Hyejung tilted her head, raising a brow in bewilderment. 

Looking up at the tomboy, Kai innocently smiled as he reached out to teasingly ruffle the top of Hyejung's head. "Ah, nothing. Looks like your brain is just having a long, lasting brain fart today."

Hyejung bit the inside of her cheek, scowling. "Yah! Cut it out! What am I, your pet?" she demanded, speedily running her fingers through her tangled hair. 

Folding his arm, Kai snickered, "Maybe not, but I'm still awesome. Just like you said."

"Pfft. That was a lie," Hyejung mumbled, shifting her feet about. 

"Of course it was. I totally believe you." 

Hyejung snorted. "You're a jackass, Kai."

Kai tilted his head with a scoff of disbelief. "I'll just pretend that was some sort of compliment."

"Well, you do that. I ain't stopping you." Hyejung carelessly raised her hands. 

Kai sweeped his hair to the side, showing off a playful grin. "Later." He strode away into the boys' locker room, a smirk on his sharp, handsome face. 

Hyejung scoffed, suspiciously staring at Kai as he sauntered away. She shook the thoughts away, focusing at the time at hand. *Meh, whatever. Right now, dancing is more important.* she secretly smiled, walking to her familiar corner for her stretches.

Heejin had witnessed everything between the teasing duo from the sidelines. Cringing in pondering, her eyebrows furrowed in sheer question. *Is it just me, but are those two acting a tiny bit different around each other? Hmph. I'm not liking it. I'm not liking it one bit.*

Soon the dance instructors Miss Lee and Mr. Gong quickly captured all the students' attention, and the dance class began. They went over a few steady warm-ups, and later did a couple short, easy dance routines. Through all this, the two teachers studied and thoughtfully watched the young dancers, keeping mental notes of each of their rhymthic talents. A few outstanding students caught Miss Lee and Mr. Gong's attention better than others with ease. 

Miss Lee was specifically captured by Hyejung's raw talent. Her body seemed completely engulfed in the upbeat hip-hop music as her every swipe, step, and spin was utterly sharp and flawless.

Tapping her chin with her pen, Miss Lee smiled thoughtfully. *Hmm. That girl has potential...great potential.* she scribbled a quick little note on her clipboard. 

Two hours later, dance class ended. "You all did an excellent job! See you tomorrow, same time!" Mr. Gong announced, watching as the perspiring students trudged to the locker rooms to prepare to head home. 

Mr. Gong looked over at Miss Lee, who still was in deep thought. "Miss Lee? Are you coming? The teacher's lounge is having donuts and coffee this afternoon." he asked, his hand grasped onto the door handle.

Miss Lee jerked herself out of pondering, gazing at Mr. Gong with a small smile. "No, it's okay. I want to have a little talk with one of the students." 

Nodding in u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter