Winter Bliss

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: Winter Bliss

{ He grew puzzled. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Within a few more tiring hours, the Exo-K boys and Hyejung finally arrived at the winter resort. The minute all of them hopped out of the van, ooes and awes were heard in a great array. A thick, beautiful blanket of perfectly white snow covered the whole resort with people from snowboarders to skiers greatly enjoying themselves.

"Wahh~! It's so beautiful, isn't it Hyejungie?" Sehun beamed, cheerfully nudging Hyejung.

Hyejung shivered due to the sudden cold. "I-It's pretty nice." she shrugged. 

"Woot! I can't wait to speed down those hills!" Chanyeol pumped his fist in the air with a big grin.

Kai snorted, "Yah. You can't even make down the bunny hill without falling." he playfully smirked.

"Yah! Be quiet, you!" Chanyeol argued, nudging his friend with a huff.

"All right, all right that's enough you two. Before we do anything, we need to check-in first!" Suho spoke up, rubbing his hands to keep warm.

The seven friends took their luggage and filed into the lobby, making their way to the front desk. 

Suho gave an amiable smile to the female clerk. "Hello! I reserved three rooms under Kim Joonmyeon. Two rooms with three beds in each and one solo room." 

"Oh, of course! One moment please." The female worker made a few speedy clicks on her computer.

After a few moments of waiting, the lady spoke up, "I'm sorry, sir. But the solo room has been taken unexpectedly," she apologized. 

Suho curiously glanced back at his friends and quickly brought his attention back to the worker. "Oh. Well, is there anything else you have available?"

"Well, we do have one room with four beds and another room with three," the lady suggested.

"Hmm." Suho tapped his bottom lip in a moment of thought. "I think that'll work well for us." he smiled.

After a few more minutes of checking-in, Suho received the key cards and gave them out to his friends. "So? What's happening with the rooms?" Baekhyun asked.

"You, D.O., Chanyeol, and Sehun will be in the biggest room. While Kai, Hyejung, and I will take the other room," Suho explained, walking over to the elevator with the others following suite.

Everybody nodded their heads in agreement, entering into the elevator.

"Yah," Chanyeol discreetly nudged Kai, a gleam of mischief in his eyes. "You're not going to do anything naughty in your room, are you?"

Kai turned his head and skeptically stared at his friend. "Wh-What?" he suddenly scoffed. "You know my preference, Yeol. Hyejung's just my friend anyway," he quietly murmured, looking to the side.

"Uh-huh. Sureeee~" he wriggled his eyebrows, and Kai made a face. "I'm just kidding! Aish, why are you so sensitive?!" Chanyeol bellowed, rolling his eyes.

Kai shook his head, but then he suddenly got into a daze. He lifted his right hand and stared directly at it, replaying the awkward scene with him and Hyejung in the van. No matter how erted it may seem, he could still remember the feeling of her chest right at his sensitive finger tips. 

*Huh. She really is...flat.* Kai concluded, stretching his fingers out. 

With his heartbeat picking up the pace, Kai grew startled when he suddenly started to feel flustered.

Randomly, Hyejung turned her head over to Kai. She tilted her head at Kai's strange demeanor.

"Yah. What's up with you?" Hyejung bluntly asked, furrowing her eyebrows in suspicion.

For being in such deep thought, Kai's tongue couldn't develop the usual suave ability to speak up. "Huh? N-Nothing, nothing!" Kai clenched his hand and lowered it. "I was just, er...checking if my hands were numb." he shoved his hands in his pockets.

Hyejung gave Kai a long, strange stare. "Um, alrighty then." she shrugged. *What's his deal?* 

Clenching the same hand, Kai inwardly scolded himself, *Aish! What the heck is wrong with me?* he cleared his throat, getting a hold of himself.

*Ding!*

The elevator doors slid open, and everyone deftly walked out. 

Shortly after having a quick chat and parting ways with the four other boys, Hyejung, Kai, and Suho shuffled into their own room. 

Trudging over to the bed closest to the window, Hyejung tossed her luggage onto the end of the bed. And surprisingly in sync, Kai did the exact same thing.

Kai clicked his tongue, moderately shifting his gaze to the tomboy, "I'm terribly sorry, miss, but I saw this bed first." he spoke in an overly sugary ton

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter