Their First Competition

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Their First Competition

{ She got into position in the middle of the vast stage, right by his side. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

It was the Friday night of the competition. A massive sea of the students of Seoul School of Fine Arts shuffled into the gymnasium. Numerous rows of foldable chairs faced the broad platform that rested at one of the end of the spacious room. 

Energetic pop music played lightly in the background as the assigned dancers filed into the backstage; from trios, quintets, and to large groups of seven or more.

Standing away from the groups in a quiet corner, Hyejung prepared herself by touching her toes. She straightened herself up and lightly jumped and down repeatedly, getting the blood steadily flowing through her limbs. 

Heejin was coming Hyejung's way, walking in between two incredibly fit guys. Her make-up was done professionally, and her outfit showed a bit of her milky white skin.

Without a doubt, she was simply gorgeous. Breath-taking.

Hyejung on the other hand pretty much looked the opposite. Like always, she didn't wear any make-up whatsoever and her disheveled hair was loosely tied into a low ponytail. Her white pants were baggy and her gold shirt literally hung over her flat and seemingly curveless frame. 

Heejin devilishly smirked as she stopped in front of the scowling tomboy. 

"Where's your partner, peasant? Did he decide to ditch you at the last minute?" Heejin smugly retorted. "Hmph. Why am I not surprised?"

Hyejung gritted her teeth, her hands curling into fists. "For your information Heejin, he went to go get some water," she grumbled.

The queenka dramatically gasped, "Omo! Well I'm terribly sorry about that!" Heejin giggled. "Silly me~ Come on, boys. Let's go get ready." 

The two buff dudes obediently nodded, following Heejin like a couple of dogs for a bone. 

Hyejung bitterly crossed her arms over her chest. She huffed, making her bangs lightly flail to the side.

Just then, a extended hand with a water bottle in grasp appeared randomly in front of Hyejung's face. 

The tomboy's eyes drew the left, and Kai stood there with a confident grin. "I got your water."

Hyejung eyed the boy, quickly snatching the bottle away from him. "What took you so long?! The competition is going to start any minute!" she chided.

"Would you relax?" Kai coolly held his hands up. "I checked our schedule and we'll not be going on stage right away."

"Yeah, well you didn't have to take so long," Hyejung mumbled, popping the cap opening and taking a generous gulp.

"Oh, well I apologize if I made you missed me," Kai joked, adjusting the collar of his white jacket.

Hyejung blew a sour raspberry.

Kai shook his head, amused. He then turned his head to the now quiet tomboy, gazing down at her with bright eyes. "We're going to do well. Don't worry about it."

"Worry? Who said I was worried?" Hyejung snorted, skeptically looking up her partner. "All I'm concerned about is that your going to mess up and ruin our chances of winning."

Kai rolled his eyes and nudged Hyejung's arm. "Hey! Are you saying I'm a hindrance for victory?"

"You can think of it that way." Hyejung carelessly shrugged, making Kai scoff in disbelief. "I prefer going solo because one, I don't have to deal with egoistic people. And two, nothing can possibly get in my way," she deadpanning, taking another sip.

"Sure you do." Kai sarcastically muttered. "But of course, I surely make an exception." he smirked.

"Aish!" Hyejung placed two fingers on Kai's forehead, pushing him back with great force. She rolled her eyes as Kai stumbled back, rubbing his head while coldly grumbling nonsensical things.

"Psst! Kai! Hyejung!" a deep voiced called out discreetly. 

The two dancers whipped their heads, spotting Exo-K peeping around the corner. Kai and Hyejung exchanged curious glances before rushing over to their friends.

Baekhyun smiled, asking, "Are you guys ready for this?" 

Hyejung nodded while Kai shrugged. "I suppose we are. You'll be rooting for us right?"

"Pfffft! Heck, no! I'm going to be cheering for Hyosung's y girl group!" Chanyeol proclaimed, a wide, creepy grin splitting his lips.

D.O. groaned, rolling his eyes, "Is that all you care about? Girls?"

"Of course not!" Chanyeol defended. "I care about Hyejung too!" he winked.

The tomboy crossed her arms in annoyance. "I don't know if you noticed Chanyeol, but I'm a girl too." she frowned.

Being the leader,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter