A Day in the Life of Seo Hyejung

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE: A Day in the Life of Seo Hyejung

{ "Great. Just what I needed." } * Click for BGM!

 

 

"Aish, what's with people and spam these days," Hyejung muttered, staring at the cracked screen of her phone with a blank expression.

Once again, Seo Hyejung was taking her good ol' time at the breakfast table. She quickly checked her few messages, but then stopped to read a text from her aunt.

Can you pick up the groceries for me? And don't be late for school. Arasso? -Auntie Jae

Hyejung shifted her eyes up to the rusty clock that hung on the kitchen wall. It read 7:45, and class starts at eight.

*Ah, shoot. Aunt Jae is going to be nagging me till midnight if I'm late,* she inwardly groaned, huffing her annoying fringe out of her eyes. 

Swiftly standing up to her feet, she let out a tiring sigh. Every dull day seemed the same to her.

Hyejung rushingly picked up her backpack that sat right by the door and slung it over her shoulder. She then scurried out the house, hastily running her fingers through her unbrushed tresses.

Whenever Hyejung was late for school, she would take a shortcut through the nearby woods. Because she was moving at such a hearty pace, the tomboy tripped over a large root that was planted into the ground.

Luckily she was able to catch herself from falling. Hyejung glanced back with an annoyed stare. "Freakin' stupid tree," she growled, whirling around to keep on speed-trudging. 

After several minutes of walking through the dirt path, Hyejung made it to her old and not to mention unattractive Busan high school. She brushed her uniform up and down a bit, noticing an irritating coffee stain on her pleated skirt. *Why do uniforms have to be so uncomfortable? Why?* 

As Hyejung languidly wandered up the set of stairs, her fellow peers were busily murmuring and whispering to one another. Some of them took quick, narrowing glances as Hyejung obnoxiously chewed on her gum, popping a pink bubble shortly after. 

"Aish, she's so absurd," a sophomore girl snorted, going back to chatting away with her friends. 

Hyejung lightly exhaled, trying to ignore the mockery. 

Even though she mostly let the students' words go one ear and out the other, sometimes she would ponder the thoughts. She never really viewed herself as pretty, dainty, or elegant. Rather, Hyejung liked being casually and well, tomboyish. It all made her feel comfortable in her own skin.

She shrugged the bothersome thoughts away as she entered into a classroom. Although the bell didn't ring yet, practically everyone was already seated in the classroom, being rowdy and fidgeting like usual. 

As Hyejung hustled all the way to the back row, a couple of the prettiest female students gave her scrutinizing looks. The boisterous guys in the back row would sneer some rude comments to their pals and snicker coyly.

"Judge-mental retards," Hyejung hissed under her breath, plopping her backpack down by her chair.

The teacher began to teach his lesson. Hyejung honestly would try to pay attention to the lectures, but she would just end up looking out the window absentmindedly or doodling down random characters in her notebook. Her brain went idle a bit too easily.

"Seo Hyejung."

*Oh crap,* she mentally cursed, slowly lifting her head up towards the teacher. Her peers started chortling at the sight.

The teacher held his hand up, shushing the students. After a moment, he asked, "Did you do your geometry homework, Hyejung?"

Hyejung bit her bottom lip as she looked to the side, averting the teacher's intimadating stare. The students still watched her. 

"Well?"

With a slight shake of her head, Hyejung quietly mumbled, "No, sir."

The teacher let out a disappointed sigh. "What happened to it this time?"

"My..." Hyejung started hesitantly, swiping her tongue over her lips. Her ears already started to slightly redden in utter embarrassment. "My aunt dropped it in the toilet." 

The whole classroom burst out into loud, hysterical laughter. The teacher rubbed his forehead in frustration, trying to maintain his composure. "Okay, that's enough! And Seo Hyejung," she lifted her head up at the sound of her name. "That's a terrible excuse. One more like that and I'll send you into directly detention."

Hyejung reluctantly nodded, shifting her gaze to her lap with a roll of her eyes. *Believe it or not old man, it's the truth. I left my homework on top of the bathroom sink. The next thing I know Aunt Jae accidently swiped it with her hand sending it all down the frickin' toilet.* 

With a firm c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter