Practice #1...Success?

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY: Practice #1...Success?

{ But then an idea suddenly hit her. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

There, in the center of the dance studio, was Kai. His face possessed a light smirk as he let the pop music play through his senses. His arms lightly swayed as he softly huffed in preparation. 

Within in just a few moments, Kai began to move in an impressive, swift motion. He thrashed his arms upwards and eventually in all directions in a brisk, powerful flow. He let his feet slide and spin across the floor in a daring, superb fashion. 

Kai concluded the routine with a simple yet handsome pose. The music turned to the next song, playing it rather softly in the background.

"So? How was my demonstration?" he asked smugly, walking towards the tomboy who leaned idly against the wall.

Hyejung lightly pushed herself off and took a step forward. She coolly shrugged. "Eh. It was cool I guess."

Kai chuckled, a tiny hint of disbelief in his voice. The way Hyejung casually and not to mention frankly acted around him still wasn't the same like most girls, who just flamboyantly threw themselves at the boy like some sort of idol or whatnot.

"You think you can do it? The competition is in less than a month now," he commented, raising an arched brow in question.

Lightly shoving his upper arm, Hyejung scoffed."Yah. Don't underestimate my skills, baboon," she pointed her index finger up at him. "I'm a fast learner y'know."

"Not in school you're not." Kai snorted, receiving another push which was rougher than the last.

Whilst striding towards the center of the studio, Hyejung asked over her shoulder, "Care to show me the first few steps?"

He nodded. "Sure."

Kaimoderately did the first steps, counting with each one. Hyejung watched intently, unnoticeably furrowing her eyebrows in concentration.

"Ah ah, okay. So, it's like..." Hyejung skillfully did the steps that were just shown. By regular viewers it would be identical to Kai's, but the boy noticed something. 

"Wait, wait," he called out, cutting off Hyejung's movement with an obvious wave of his hand.

"Aish! What is it now?" Impatient, she raised her arms in confusion, shortly dropping them back down her sides. "I'm pretty sure I was doing it right!"

Kai reached out to touch her arm. Hyejung studied with suspicion on her face as Kai thoughtfully raised her arm higher. "You need to make sure your arms are up to this length. Any lower and it won't be accurate."

Before Hyejung can protest and shake his grasp off of her, Kai knelt down and reached out to grasp her ankle. She slightly jolted, not expecting the sudden feeling of Kai's fingers wrapped around her. "Yah, what are you-"

"And your right foot needs to be this much away from the other." Kai deftly shifted her foot a little to the side.

Hyejung just bluntly huffed, making her bangs flail about. "Arasso, arasso. I think I got it now, thank you very much."

Kai slowly rose up into a broad stance, towering over the the petite, stubborn girl. "Also your head. It needs to be right about..." he caressed the side of Hyejung's head, tilting it upwards to face him. "Here." his lips curved into a small, devious smile. For all serious fangirls, it was heart melting nevertheless.

Hyejung's face unconsciously heated by the suddenly gentle touch. She pursed her lips; the strange feeling made her uncomfortable and she desperately wanted to get rid of it.

"All right, that's enough baboon," she abruptly spoke up, stubbornly swatting Kai's hands off of her head. "Let's just do it." 

The practice went on for a couple hours into the late afternoon. There would be numerous times where Hyejung would bicker with Kai about certain movements and postures, but overall the first practice went rather smoothly.

Until Hyejung started to get moody. And no one wants to mess with that kind of Hyejung.

After Kai showed off this one tricky sequence of steps for the umpteenth time, Hyejung just couldn't take it anymore.

"Aish! I just did that you imbecile!" Hyejung exclaimed, pointing at the boy in front of her. "Are you blind or something? Because I swear to who knows what I did that," she retorted, crossing her arms in sheer defense.

Kai groaned. He wasn't the only one who was getting frustrated. "Look. Stop acting like an eight year old and co-operate with me. Geez!"

Hyejung's eyes widened, her temperature rising. "What?! Hey, you're the one who keeps acting like a smartass!" 

"Would you cut it out? What the heck is wrong with you?" Kai abruptly shot back, loud and in question. "You must be on your period or something," he bitterly muttered, turning his head to the side.

"I heard that," Hyejung spoke up, monotone; her arms remaining folded over her chest.

The atmosphere suddenly became quiet. Awkward to say the least. 

The two shared tense stares. Hyejung's lips formed into a stubborn pout while Kai flinched.

Perhaps he should have watched his tongue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter