Not That Easy

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Not That Easy

{ "I need you." } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Several days passed, and Exo-K gradually became Hyejung's first and real friends. Though she still received the cold shoulder from some particular students, life seemed a tad bit brighter.

It was a breezy Tuesday morning.

After chit-chatting with a couple of gorgeous seniors, Kai started strolling down the school hallways. Whilst he did, he received friendly greetings from the students that rushed on by.

"Hi Kai-oppa!" a freshman girl sang.

"Yo, Kai! Nice routine last week!" a few guys gave thumb-ups and grins.

Kai nodded and waved to his good-natured peers. It felt good to receive such attention.

Just then, two familiar boys from dance class popped out of a classroom. It didn't take them long to spot Kai.

"Hey, Kai!" a boy with shaggy brown hair called out. "We got the info for the upcoming competition!"

Kai approached towards the boys, asking, "Really? Explain the details."

"Well, it's not that big of competition since it's only within our school. It's a team dance," the other boy explained. "The routine must contain at least two people."

Nodding his head slowly, Kai kept a mental note. "Ah, okay. Thanks."

Kai adjusted the strap on his backpack, continuing to make his way down the halls. Pulling out his phone, he texted Sehun with an idea in mind. The two of them made an amazing dance routine a while back which was worthy for a first place award. 

Did you hear about the small competition next month? -Kai

Stopping by the water fountain, Kai bent down to take a quick sip. He wiped his moist lips with the back of his palm before checking the incoming text.

Yeah I did, but I can't team up with you. A couple of guys already asked me. Mianhae. >< -Sehun

Kai rolled his eyes when he spotted the little emoticon at the end. He shrugged and texted Sehun back, saying he'll ask someone else.

And Kai did that throughout the busy school day, but to his dismay all the best male dancers in class were already on a team. 

Leaning against the lockers, Kai swiftly ran his fingers through his dark hair. A few giggly girls strutted by, happily waving to the kingka with bright, pearly smiles. Kai nodded towards them with an amiable smile, making the girls swoon in fascination.

Kai let out a tiring sigh, letting his head rest against the lockers. His mind was filled with the small competition.

He could have asked a female dancer to team up with him, but Kai knew that most of the girls didn't have the skills or the physical power to dance the routine he had in mind.

The dance was pretty much too masculine and brisk for all the female dancers in the school. Not even the best female dancer in the entire school, Kim Heejin, could do it well. 

Whatever competition it may be, big or small, Kai was determined to win the first place prize to join it with the rest of his vast collection. But what was he supposed to do?

A light bulb abruptly in his head.

*Wait. What about Hyejung? She did pretty well in the two male dances I seen her do...* Kai pondered the thought.

After a few long seconds of debating, Kai shrugged nonchalantly. "It wouldn't hurt to try." Speedily turning on his heels, he strode down the halls in search of the tomboy.

Meanwhile, Hyejung was making her own way down a different hallway. Due to delays in the mail, Hyejung still had to wear the mini uniform skirt for a whole another week. Her face was covered in annoyance as she desperately tried to pull it down to a reasonable length.

Hyejung was so busy muttering frustrated comments that she didn't even notice that the bully Ho Jungkyu was casually trailing right behind her. 

Jungkyu, being the thick-headed jerk he is, didn't realize that he was following the same tomboy he made snarky comments to on the first day of school. He was so focused on her sleek, toned legs to even bother checking her identity.

Swiping his thumb over his bottom lip, Jungkyu smirked as he advanced up towards Hyejung.

He was only a meer foot behind Hyejung as he ertedly murmuring, "Damn. Someone's got killer legs."

Hyejung immediately came to a halt in the middle of the hallway. Her back still faced Jungkyu. "What did you just say?" she quietly growled, slightly turning her head to the left. Her long, shaggy hair covered parts of her face.

Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter