New Week, New Problems

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: New Week, New Problems

{ Intese, paranoid sparks would shoot between them. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

The weekend quickly passed, and soon enough, it was early Monday morning.

Hyejung was sleeping away in her spacious bed, burying her face in her puffy pillow. Her face was full of peace and contentment.

Just then, the curtains of her bedroom window were yanked apart.

The sunlight shone brightly onto Hyejung's face. She groaned in agony into her pillow, pulling the covers higher up her body.

"Rise and shine Hyejungie! Come on! Up, up, up!" Suho cheerfully announced, gently grabbing a hold of his cousin and lightly shaking her.

Hyejung muttered a string of nonsensical things as she rubbed her droopy eyes. She squinted up at her cousin who stood at the foot of her bed.

"I managed to get your new uniform, Hyejung. I hope it fits you, because it's the last one left!" Suho said, holding the crisp outfit in his grasp. Striding into the inside of Hyejung's personal bathroom, Suho hung it up on a rack. 

"Well, you better go and get ready Hyejung. Another week of school awaits!" He grinned, walking out of the bedroom.

When the click of the door closing resonated, Hyejung groaned agonizingly as she stretched her arms out wide.

Yup. Another week.

Kicking her feet out of underneath the covers, Hyejung slowly stood up to her feet. She carelessly trudged over into the bathroom, shutting the door.

A long yawn escaped out Hyejung's lips as she stared at her reflection the mirror, lazily scratching the back of her neck. Her hair was tussled in all directions and minor eyebags developed underneath her hooded eyes.

Squeezing a generous amount of toothpaste onto her toothbrush, Hyejung started vigorously brushing away at her teeth. 

Soon after washing up and carelessly brushing her hair, Hyejung took of her cozy pajamas. She tossed the clothes into the laundry basket and reached out to grab her uniform. The shirt and blazer fitted nicely with Hyejung's flat yet lean frame, but when she pulled her plaid skirt up, she let out a long, depressing groan.

"Aish!! This skirt is too freaking short!" Hyejung exclaimed, thrashing her arms in frustration with gritted teeth.

Seoul School of Fine Arts' uniform skirts usually came up just right above the knee, but Hyejung's was about half way up her thigh. Though several girls at high schools shortened their skirts on purpose, she didn't like it one bit. 

"Great," Hyejung face-palmed herself, letting her cheeks rub against her clammy palms. "Now people are going to think I'm some sort of a hoe."

Minutes later, Hyejung came trudging down the stairs, her backpack slung for her shoulder. In utter hope, she thought that maybe nobody will notice. 

Suho was waiting at the front door. He turned his body to face his approaching cousin. "Ah, you're ready! But...why is your skirt shortened?" He quickly pointed at Hyejung's skirt.

Okay, maybe someone will notice. 

Hyejung puffed her cheeks up with air, letting out a long sigh. "You ordered the wrong size, genius. Can't you order a different one?" 

Suho chuckled nervously, "I would if I could Hyejungie, but the lady said that your size won't arrive till next week. She sent me this one instead."

Hyejung crossed her arms, slightly pouting her bottom lip. "Well, you could have at least ordered it a size bigger than a size smaller." 

"I know that now, Hyejung. Sorry," Suho apologized, his tone of voice being heartfelt as he rubbed the nape of his neck.

Hyejung slightly softened, twisting her lips in pondering. She reached out and patted Suho's shoulder with assurance. "Hey, it's okay. Mistakes happen, right? I'll deal with it."

Suho nodded at his cousin, giving her an appreciative smile. "Thanks, Hyejung-ah. Let's head to school now, shall we?"

~*~

Hyejung and Suho got out of a sleek Mercedes, stepping onto the school property. As Suho signaled the driver to make his leave, Hyejung exhaled, attempting on pulling her skirt down as low as she could. *There's a strong reason why I hate uniforms.*

"Come on, Hyejung! The bell will ring any minute!" Suho called, already walking ahead of her.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," Hyejung tiredly called out, quickly scurrying over to her cousin's side.

As students passed on by, it seemed like Hyejung was catching some wide-eyed attention. A couple of girls glanced at each other incredulously, scurrying ahead so they can talk louder about the sight, while a trio of boys didn't expect a girl of her careless outward appearance to have such killer legs. 

Hyejung blew her messy bangs out of her eyes, a habit that grew on her over the years, as she nudged past the crowd of students who were looking ahead and minding their own business. *Ugh. This is going to be a long week,* she thought. 

Soon the two relatives met up with Baekhyun and D.O. in the hallway.

"Morning guys!" Suho greeted. The two boys nodded, and said hello as well with cordial smiles.

Unfortunately for Hyejung, it didn't take them long to notice something was different about her.

"Looks like you got your uniform back, Hyejung," Baekhyun commented.

D.O. nodded, glancing downwards. "Yeah. And wait , Hyejung...is your skirt shorter today?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter