Of Restaurant Training & Sniffles

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: Of Restaurant Training & Sniffles

{ You should listen to yourself. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

It was Hyejung's first day of work. For the following days she was going to be going through extensive training with Subin; the incredibly moody woman who Hyejung first encountered at the restaurant.

Standing right in front of the dressing room, Subin impatiently huffed, "My goodness! What is taking you so long, child?!" 

*Can that woman calm her freaking ?! Aish!* Hyejung rolled her eyes, slipping the buttons into the holes of her uniform blouse. "I'm coming out!" she called back, almost sounding rude.

Hyejung bit the inside of her cheek as she hesitantly slipped her feet into a pair of black high heels. She took in a deep breath out before awkwardly wobbling over to the door and swinging it open.

To Hyejung's surprise, Subin was waiting for her right outside the door. The tomboy took a step back, a bit startled.

The stern woman had her arms folded over her chest. She raised a judging eyebrow. "Hmph."

Wordlessly, Subin took a firm grasp of Hyejung's arm, making her spin around so she can inspect every part of her uniform attire. The woman took out her ink pen, scribbling particularities on a red clip board.

"Woah-!" Hyejung stumbled a bit after being abruptly turned around, reaching out to support herself against the wall. 

Subin clipped her pen onto her clip board, holding it to her side in a proper manner in conclusion. 

Letting out a long sigh, the woman started, "All right. Let's go over all the negativities, shall we?" Her red lips formed into a forced smile.

Hyejung just blinked at Subin.

Subin took in a deep breath before rambling, "Your blouse should be crisply tucked in, your black pencil skirt is on backwards, you have a large run in your stockings, your hair should be neatly put up into a bun or ponytail, and you obviously never wore high heels in your entire life of living." Whilst saying all those things about Hyejung's uniform, the woman pointed them out with the corner of her clipboard.

"This is unacceptable. Simply unacceptable." the woman announced, resisting the urge to facepalm. 

Subin snapped her fingers, and within three seconds a male staff came up with a new uniform in hand. After giving it to Subin, he bowed and promptly fled the scene.

"Here." Subin pushed it into Hyejung's grasp. "Change again. Make sure there's not a single thing wrong with your attire. If there is, I'll be sure to tell Manager Kim to fire you. And especially no dawdling."

All Hyejung could do is solemnly nod her head, watching the professional woman strut away.

With a tiring huff making her bangs flail about, Hyejung her heels and reluctantly shuffled back into the dressing room.

After changing once again, Hyejung held her breath in as she waveringly walked into the main dining room of the restaurant. 

Subin was waiting for Hyejung, and once again she deftly scanned over Hyejung's appearance.

It wasn't perfect with her shirt being crumpled and her coarse hair done poorly, but it would have to do. 

The woman sighed. "All right. Let's get started." her dark eyes became down casted towards Hyejung's feet. "And please try not to trip."

Hyejung secretly rolled her eyes as she followed after Subin. 

For three and a half long lagging hours, Subin showed Hyejung absolutely every little detail there was about serving. From how to properly set up a table to how to walk down each specific aisle; it was A LOT for Hyejung to take in.

"Okay, let's try taking orders." Subin said, clasping her hands together. "Start with that table right over there." she pointed to a table with a young chatty couple.

Hyejung loosely shrugged, taking in a breath. "Sure I guess." she mumbled, slightly uninterested.

Subin eyed the young girl, crossing her arms. "Miss Seo, do you remember rule #36?" she incredulously questioned.

"Of course I do." Hyejung confidently responded. "Don't let drunk people dance on top of tables unless it's the VIP room."

"Incorrect. It's respect." Subin answered, seriously. "Mind you, that is rule #112 in Book B, version 2."

*Well sooorrry,* Hyejung mentally scoffed.

"Now don't just stand there, child! Get to work!" Subin impatiently exclaimed, flailing her arms. 

Hyejung quickly nodded before rushing over to her assigned table, shuffling about in those dreaded black heels. The odds of her face-planting into the polished floor was an extreme high.

Coming to a careful stop at the couple's table, Hyejung mentally sighed in relief.

Taking a quick glance over her shoulder, the tomboy met daggering eye contact with Subin; the scary woman was watching her every single move.

Hyejung gulped, turning her head to her customers.

"Oh, our waitress is here L.Joe!" the pretty girl beamed, tapping her boyfriend's arm affectionately.

The handsome guy smiled at his girl before slowly drawing his gaze up to Hyejung. His deep eyes twinkled in a friendly, calming way. 

Hyejung's slightly widened. She never was good at talking politely to strangers, so her mind barely went blank.  "U-Umm...welcome to Korean Gourmet Garden. What can I...get ya?" she informally spoke, speedily bowing before she forgot.

The young girl looked at her boyfriend with a baffled expression, mouthing, "Should we go?"

L.Joe shrugged with pursed lips, giving Hyejung their order shortly after.   In the background Subin groaned, face palming in frustration. 

Oh gosh. That tomboy was going to be the death of her.

"Is everything going well with the new trainee Subin?" a young female voice spoke up. 

Subin turned her body, bowing respectfully to the young lady. The woman exhaled, "To be honest miss, it can be better. You might want to deal with her later."

~*~

After a long and awfully tiring first day of work, Hyejung made her way out of the dressing room. She still wore her uniform, only she changed from those painful high heels to her raddy yet comfortable converse. Sure it didn't match

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter