Goodbye Busan, Hello Seoul

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOUR: Goodbye Busan, Hello Seoul

{ Oh well. He looks completely harmless. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Monday morning had arrived.

As Hyejung stood in front of a large bus with her suitcase in hand, she was bidding farewell to her aunt.

The woman forcefully brought her niece into a tight embrace, crying her eyes out like it was the end of the world. Hyejung cringed never-ending sobbing and the skinship, since she wasn't really one who favored it. 

"Er, okay Aunt Jae. You can let go of me now..." Hyejung chuckled nervously, slowly prying the woman off of her.

Aunt Jae reluctantly pulled away, blowing her nose like a horn into her handkerchief. Hyejung blinked at the sight. "Oh Hyejung...I'm going to miss you so much!" the aunt exclaimed, carefully dabbing her teary eyes.

Hyejung's expression softened, and she sighed, "I'll miss you too, Aunt Jae. Don't work too hard, or else I'll have to come back and rescue you." The two of them chuckled lightly. 

Just at that moment, the driver announced that the bus was going to make its leave.

Giving one last goodbye, Hyejung stepped onto the bus. She trudged close to the back of the vehicle, placing her suitcase in the compartment above. Once she took her seat by the window, Hyejung waved to her aunt as the bus drove off.

In just a matter of moments, Aunt Jae was completely out of sight. 

Taking her small mp3 out of her backpack, Hyejung placed hear earphones on and tuned herself out. Her lips creased into a small smile as she slightly bobbed her head back and forth to the catchy tune.

Through the whole progression of going to Seoul from Busan, Hyejung gazed out the window. She drowned herself in numerous thoughts, letting herself relax under the sound of her favorite music. 

~*~

"Attention passengers. We have now arrived at our destination. Welcome to Seoul, the Soul of Asia!"

Hyejung blinked a few times, the sound of the driver's voice over the intercom disturbing her of her slumber. Lifting her head off the window, she stifled a faint yawn. *Ah. Looks like I'm here.*

Standing up to her feet, Hyejung stretched her arms out wide. Once she retrieved her suitcase and other small belongings, Hyejung sauntered down the long aisle of the bus. She stepped down and out of the large vehicle, taking a long gander of her surroundings. 

Just by one look, Hyejung knew she wasn't no longer at home.

Pulling her suitcase along, Hyejung started walking down the busy streets. She honestly had no idea where she was heading, but she didn't want to just stand there and wait for something to happen. Her eyes beamed in interest and shock as she gazed at all the modern buildings and attractions. *Wow. I'm definitely not in Busan anymore...*

People rushed about the streets. In Hyejung's eyes, they all looked very high-class and fashionable. Some teenagers passed by her, wearing the latest brand name clothing. Hyejung was just wearing worn out jeans, a baggy t-shirt, and worn out converse. Her hair was done up in a low, messy bun, while other giggly girls at the nearby ice cream stand had their hair perfectly curled or straightened.

Although she stood out from the pretty city girls around her, Hyejung didn't really care or mind it. She liked being a tomboy. It's who she was, and she was comfortable with it.

As she continued to silently explore her surroundings, Hyejung walked down a path of a beautiful park. She quietly watched as children giggled in the playground and seniors happily chatted away.

Turning her attention forw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter