Job Interview

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: Job Interview

{ It wasn't a wise move. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

A few days passed and Hyejung was finally ready to go the minute the school bell rang. 

With the yellow piece of paper in her grasp, Hyejung blew air into her cheeks. The chilly, late autumn wind blew around the school grounds as students from freshmen to seniors scurried about, dressed in scarves, boots, and other cozy garments of the like. Winter was near.

Hyejung was about to start making her way to the written destination on the paper, until a familiar deep voice was loudly heard.

"Yah, Seo Hyejung! Yoohoo!"

The tomboy whipped her body around, instantaneously spotting Kai, Sehun, and Chanyeol speedily approaching her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "We still need to practice y'know."

Hyejung rolled her eyes at Kai's fatherly tone of voice. "Yeah, yeah don't worry about it. I just need to do something before then."

"Really Hyejungie? What do you have to do?" Sehun's bright eyes glistened in curiosity.

"Hey. Maybe she has a date or something~" Chanyeol teased, nudging the maknae with a wide, mischievous grin. "But of course, that will never happen in a million years!"

Hyejung swiftly whacked the deep-voiced boy on the side of the head, making him whimper at the sudden pain. "Aish! Hyejung's picking on me again!" he whined, rubbing his curly head with a pout.

"Shut your mouth you over-grown baby." Kai joked, turning his gaze over to Hyejung. "Okay, fine. But you better not be late. I expect you here at 5:00. Sharp." he pointed at his wrist watch and then at the tomboy with an overly stern eye.

With a careless wave of the hand, Hyejung nodded exaggeratedly, "Arasso, arasso. I'll see you later." she waved goodbye before running off, her backpack bouncing about.

"Bye, Hyejungie! Don't get kidnapped or robbed!" Sehun hollered through a cupped hand, waving violently with the other.

Kai stood there and watched as the tomboy walked away. What could she possibly be up to?

"Man, let's go get some ramen. I'm starved." Chanyeol hungrily spoke up, turning on his heels and strolling along. "Let's go Kkamjong!"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm coming." Kai snapped out of his daze, but then he suddenly realized. "Yah! How many times have I told you not to call me that?!" he swatted Chanyeol's arm, making the three boys chortle as they strode away.

~*~

Hyejung stepped off the bus, scanning her unknown surroundings. She was still fairly knew to the streets and places of Seoul, so she hoped she took the right bus.

After checking the paper once more, Hyejung started walking down the busy sidewalks. She deftly made her way through the swarms of people both short and tall, old and young. She kept note of the addresses on the stores, having the specific one she memorized constantly playing in her mind. 

*Where is it? I can't be too far now,* Hyejung thought, but she soon sighed in relief whilst stopping in her tracks. *Finally.*

Hyejung's gaze shifted upwards to the restaurant sign right ahead of her; Seoul Gourmet Garden.

Clearly remembering from the description Hyejung read last night, this restaurant is supposedly one of the most famous Korean restaurants in this part of Seoul. Their dishes only serve the best of the best.

The only reason for Hyejung coming to such a place was because the restaurant paid rather handsomely, and that's what she desperately needed.

The tomboy's shoulders rose up when she inhaled, and deflated when she exhaled. 

With slight hesitation, Hyejung marched up to the large doors of the restaurant, swinging one of them open and striding inside.

With shaped into an awestruck 'O', Hyejung slowly walked inside. 

The extremely comfortable-looking booths, the sleek tables, the modern lights, and even the shining floor screamed out fashion and style.

The customers were happily chatting away with wides smiles of pleasure and delight upon each diverse face; Hyejung thought the food must be really, really good. 

Whilst continuing to walk inside, Hyejung kept note of each of the staffs as they busily roamed about. Each face was filled with determination, seriousness, and professionalism. It seemed like they took their jobs with great cautiousness..

After trying to avoid bumping into a couple of waiters and waitresses, Hyejung finally made it to what she thought was the front desk. 

A middle-aged woman stood behind the broad desk, typing away with her long, slender fingers on the cash register. Her hair was tied up in a perfectly neat bun, and the black and white uniform she wore was with no faulty wrinkle or crease whatsoever. 

Hyejung knew at one look that this woman got her job due to her perfectionism.

Clearing , Hyejung spoke up, "Um, excuse me. I'm here for the uh, available waitress position?"

The woman shot her head up from her down casted gaze, giving Hyejung a stern, judging look. The tomboy unconsciously took a step back away, feeling rather awkward and nervous at the woman's eery eye.

"I apologize child

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter