The long, crazy drive

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: The long, crazy drive

{ "I think I know someone else like that." } * Click for BGM!

 

 

"Can someone go in and get Hyejung?? We're going to be late for our check-in at the resort!" Suho protested, tapping his foot on the driveway's pavement as he checked his wrist watch with haste.

"But Hyung, I think she's still sleeping!" Sehun answered, tossing another luggage into the back of the large van.

D.O. chuckled, shutting the full trunk, "I'm honestly not surprised." 

"Wh-What?!" Suho's eyes became round. "Aish! Can someone go get her, please??"

Chanyeol snorted, adjusting his cozy toque on his head. "Not me! She's impossible to wake up!"

Kai tiredly groaned. "Fine, I'll go get her. You guys are just a bunch of chickens," he muttered, trudging up to the door.

"Hey! I heard that, Kkamjong!!" Chanyeol hollered, hopping into the van with Baekhyun.

Rolling his eyes, Kai swiftly strode up the steps of the stairs. Within a few quick moments, Kai arrived in front of Hyejung's bedroom door, which was slightly ajar. He stopped and briskly knocked on it a couple a times. 

No response.

"Yah, Hyejung. We need to get going!" Kai firmly called out with his ear against the door.

When there was no answer, Kai impatiently huffed. *Aish, this babo.*

Swinging the door open, Kai strutted inside in determination. An abrupt chuckle escaped his lips as he spotted the tomboy.

With one leg dangling off her bed, Hyejung slept peacefully as her blankets were in a disarray. Her hair was definitely messier than usually, and her loose t-shirt showed a tiny bit of her pale stomach that evenly elevated up and down

Kai walked over to the side of the bed with his eyes never leaving the sleeping tomboy. He curiously leaned down, placing his palms upon the mattress. 

Tilting his head to the side, Kai silently studied Hyejung's lazy, boyish appearance. *Man, this girl. She sleeps like a bear.*

Slowly lifting his right hand off the bed, Kai reached out to deftly brush Hyejung's long, uneven bangs to the side. He quietly chuckled to himself when the fringe slid back down, covering the right parts of her face. *Maybe even special. I don't know.*

Kai softly exhaled. His lips slightly curved upwards into an one-sided smile as he softly gazed down at Hyejung's face, taking it all in.

And for some odd reason, he couldn't turn away. His heart reacted differently to the calming sight. It was suddenly squeezed.

Oh no. Not in a painful way, but in an absurd, addicting way that felt plesantly...good. 

Just as Kai continued to stare downwards, Hyejung suddenly stretched her arms out with a drowsy moan.

To Kai's surprise, Hyejung's hand abruptly met contact with his cheek. He instantaneously tensed as Hyejung unknowingly cupped it.

*W-What is she doing?" Kai gulped, wondering what he should do at such a moment. He decided to remain completely still.

Hyejung furrowed her eyebrows as she laid there in bed, still cupping Kai's sun-kissed cheek. *What's this soft thing I'm touching? It feels good...*

With hooded eyes, Hyejung slowly sat up in her bed. She drew her droopy eyes over to the side, tilting her head as she looked up at the figure in front of her. *Am I seeing things? It kinda looks like...* 

Hyejung squinted, and she finally opened her eyes fully. Shifting her gaze upwards, Hyejung stared at her hand which was cupped on a cheek. 

KAI'S cheek.

With her orbs immediately turned into the size of tea saucers, Hyejung hesitantly met eye contact with the one and only.

Kai raised an arched brow, but then he calmly smirked. "Ah. Good morning, Hyejung."

"K-KAI?! What the-?!" Hyejung freaked out in surprise, speedily scooting backwards until she rapidly fell off the bed. "WAH!- oof!"

Without hesitation, Kai got on the bed and climbed all the way to the other end. "Yah, Seo Hyejung! Are you all right??" he asked, looking down at the fallen Hyejung. Although he tried to seem concern, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit.

"All right!?" Hyejung jumped up to her feet, her hair in a complete monstrosity. "What do you think you're doing in my bedroom? Huh?!" she intimadetly jabbed her index finger into Kai's face. "Answer me now, baboon!"

Kai lowered Hyejung's finger down, letting a few chuckles escape his lips. "I came in here to wake you up. We're going on our winter getaway today...remember?" 

Hyejung's mouth formed into an 'O' as she slowly nodded in remembrance. "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that." she casually said, scratching the back of her neck. "Meh. I still don't feel like going." she carelessly shrugged.

Stepping off the bed, Kai sighed in a pondering tone. "Hmph. Is that so? Well then." he smirked.

And with that, Kai unexpectedly crouched down, snatching Hyejung into his strong grasp and carrying her bridal style.

"Your luggage is already packed in the van. Let's go, neh?" Kai grinned, coolly strolling out of the room.

"Y-Yah! Wh-What do you think you're doing, you crazy baboon?! Put me down, Kai!! Right now! YAH!" Hyejung reluctantly wailed, violently kicking her feet and thrashing her arms wildly about. Her face moder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter