This Feeling

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: This Feeling

{ He could get used to this blissful feeling. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Hyejung's mouth slowly gaped open. With her dark fringe lightly covering her vision, she skeptically stared up at the new boy hovering  over her. "U-Umm." She was at a lost of words. 

"Luhan..?" Kai inquired, eyeing at the said boy questionably.

At the sound of his name, Luhan drew his gaze up towards Kai. Hyejung could've swore that she captured the baby-faced boy smirking ever-so-slightly, his eyes glowing in playfulness. 

"Oh, hello Kai," Luhan greeted, a meager smile upon his lips. "It's nice to see your face again."

"Unfortunately I can't say the same thing," Kai curtly mumbled, folding his arms. The sight of Luhan being so close to Hyejung bothered him immensely, his hand balling into a fist.

Kai and Luhan silently stared at each other, intense sparks shooting between their sharp gazes. Sehun dumbly stood there at his spot, not feeling brave enough to interrupt his hyungs. The poor maknae twisted his lips and fiddled with his fingers.

Hyejung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, lying hopelessly on the ground. She darted her eyes from Kai to Luhan, Kai to Luhan. *Okay, something's definitely up with these two.*

Now feeling officially uncomfortable in her awkward position, Hyejung cleared . "Er, I don't mean to interrupt or anything, but you're kinda squishing me right now." she mumbled, hesitantly glancing up at Luhan.

Luhan shifted his gaze back down to the tomboy pinned below him. A warm smile graced upon his delectable lips making Hyejung's eyes round incredulously. "Oh. Sorry." he swiftly rolled off of Hyejung, feeling flustered for being so inconsiderate. 

Just when Luhan was about to offer his hand to help Hyejung up, Kai beat him to it. He brought the tomboy back up to her feet with one brisk yet careful pull. "You all right?" Kai asked, concerned.

Hyejung brushed herself up and down, distractedly mumbling, "Yeah, yeah, I'm perfectly fine." *Why does he keep asking me that? It's so strange.* 

The tomboy suddenly peeked over at Luhan with a curious glint in her eyes. "Hey, um, I don't we think we met." 

"Huh? But Hyejungie, I already showed you a picture of Luhan-hyung already!" Sehun endearingly exclaimed, loud and surprised. "Shouldn't you know him by now?"

"You showed her a picture of me?" Luhan surprisingly repeated, his eyes naturally glowing.

Sehun nodded and hummed, "Mhm! She even said you look cute and young, hyung!" he grinned, elbowing Luhan playfully.

"Yah, Oh Sehun!" Hyejung hissed, resisting the urge to slap the maknae silly. To her dismay, her cheeks unconsciously heated in embarrassment. In pure dislike, Kai narrowed his eyes towards Luhan. 

Luhan carelessly waved his hand, "Ah, it's okay. There's no need to get nervous," he assured with a smile, making Hyejung relax a little. "I'm Luhan by the way." he extended his hand with a sweet, gentleman-like visage to him.

"The name's Seo Hyejung." Hyejung casually introduced, giving Luhan's hand a firm, hearty shake. 

"Hyejung? That's a pretty name." Luhan sweetly complimented, making Hyejung blink numerous times. "Wh-What?"

Kai stiffened as he stared at Luhan in utter disbelief. *Why that little-! What does he think he's doing?*

"Your name. I said it's pretty." Luhan honestly repeated, finding Hyejung's dumbfounded response fairly amusing. 

"O-Oh. Well, thanks, I guess." Hyejung murmured, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. Hyejung was never really one who received much praise or flatteries, so the majority of the time she would end up getting awkward and flustered. 

Kai glowered, crossing his arms seriously. *This is stupid. Knowing Luhan, I don't need Hyejung being around him.* 

"Well," Kai abruptly spoke up, grabbing a tender grasp of Hyejung's wrist. "I think it's best for us to be going now. Y'know, we have lots of stuff to do together."

Hyejung shot her big eyes up at Kai, befuddled. "Together? Huh?" she blurted, her heart stirring. 

Both Luhan and Sehun immediately noticed Kai's protective, taut behavior. "Oh, yeah! You guys have to practice, right?" Sehun chirped, trying to lessen the tense mood.

Kai curtly nodded, speedily replying, "Oh, yes, for sure. So let's get going now, Hyejung." "What? Yah! Kai, w-wait-!" Hyejung helplessly yelped before letting Kai forcefully drag her across the field. 

As Sehun wandered over to pick up the stray soccer ball, Luhan stood there in questionable pondering.

Luhan's eyebrows knitted together as he watched Hyejung stumble after the rushing Kai. *That's odd. I never seen Kai act like that around a girl before.* the boy tilted his head. *Is it possible that something might be going on between them?* 

"Hey, hyung!" Sehun interrupted Luhan's thoughts, tossing him the ball. Luhan caught it just when he snapped out of his daze.

Sehun chuckled, wrapping his arm loosely Luhan's next. "Come on, let's play!"

Luhan gazed at his friend and nodded. "Mmm. Sure." he gave a little grin before placing the ball on the ground, dribbling it back over to the game.

In his heart, the lad secretly hoped to come across her once again. 

~*~

"Aish, would you let go of me?!" Hyejung protested, stumbling clumsily into the dance studio the moment Kai obliged to her request. The tomboy caught herself from falling, whipping her body around to glare daggers into Kai's handsome face.

"Yah, what the heck was that for?! I'm not some stupid rag doll that can be carelessly tugged around like that!" Hyejung huffed, crossing her arms relentlessly. 

All Kai did in response is let a mirthful hum slip his lips, a frisky look in his deep orbs. He strolled over to the boys' locker room, his backpack comfortably slung over his shoulder. "Man, can you be patient? Wait for me, oo. Arasso?" he winked teasingly before slipping into the locker room. 

Hyejung snorted. Ever since the Christmas party, she hoped that Kai would forget about that silly nickname. It made her stomach feel strange, but not in a gross, sickening way. She trudged into the girls' locker room, slightly amused. "Stupid baboon." 

After a few minutes, Hyejung and Kai both came out of the locker rooms dressed in their loose dancing attire. Tying her shoelaces, Hyejung quizzically eyed Kai from across the room. *Kai definitely has relations with Luhan. And I think I know how.*

"Seo Hyejung, you're a ert," Kai distractedly mumbled, scrolling through his iPod.

"Huh? What??" Hyejung blurted with an abhorred expression. "Since when did you start thinking that?" she demanded. 

Kai languidly sighed, running his fingers through his dark locks. "You were checking me out just now."

Caught off guard, Hyejung gawked at the boy. "I was not! Ugh. D-Don't accuse me of such crap!" She whipped her head to the side, letting her dark fringe cover her heated face.

Kai chuckled. "You're a terrible liar, Hyejung," he jokingly shot back, a boyish grin upon his dashing features.

"Don't make me freakin' punch you in the face," Hyejung darkly threate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter