Winter Getaway

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: Winter Getaway

{ Why was this happening to her? } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Winter vacation continued to go on blissfully,  but it was soon coming to a close.

Without a single worry about school or anything else in the world, Hyejung felt relaxed and calm.

But now that the holidays were over, Hyejung suddenly remembered she had work.

With Kim Heejin.

Damn.

When Heejin decided that she was going to make Hyejung's life miserable, she certainly followed her word.

Hyejung awkwardly rushed back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen, and the fact that she never ever wears high heels or a skirt isn't necessarily helping the matter either.

And rather than assisting Hyejung with waitress duty, Heejin carelessly ordered the tomboy around.

Heck, she was ten times as worse as Subin.

"Yah, Hyejung! Table #22 needs a two glasses of red wine!"

"Can't you hurry up with the orders?! You're making the customers impatient! Aish!"

"I need table three, six, and eight wiped down immediately! Speed it up!"

Hyejung cursed string of profanities under her breath as she brushed the light sweat off her brow with the back of her palm. She sprayed disinfectant onto a square table, fervently wiping it down with a cloth quickly after.

"No no no! You're not supposed to spray that much!" Heejin abruptly popped out of nowhere, snatching the spray bottle from Hyejung's grasp. "What are you trying to do, Seo Hyejung?! Your wasting money and time here!" she protested, thrashing her arms about.

"Arasso, arasso. I get it." Hyejung coldly grumbled, roughly taking back the bottle.

Heejin huffed before spinning on her heels. As she strode to her father's office to give him the daily report, Hyejung glared swords into the queenka's back.

It seemed like Heejin was greatly enjoying this.

When Heejin disappeared out of sight, Hyejung tiredly sighed, plopping onto a chair by an empty table. *Man, I guess I was wrong...this job is harder than it looks. And these shoes are killing my aching feet! Aish!*

Oh how Hyejung wanted to beat Heejin to the pulp. But if she did, Hyejung knew that she would be fired instantly. 

The tomboy never realized how Heejin can be so overpowering...until now. She had no choice but to follow orders, even if the situation was undoubtedly unfair.

"It's for Aunt Jae's sake I guess..." Hyejung muttered to herself, tucking a tangled strand of hair behind her ear.

"HYEJUNG! TABLE #14 IS IN NEED OF MAJOR CLEANING ASSISTANCE!" 

Flinching at the sudden holler of her name, Hyejung gritted her teeth as she jumped to her feet. *But God, can the freaking girl relax?!*

With her cleaning products in hand, Hyejung mentally groaned when she made it to the table. 

The mother was tending to her baby, wiping his messy mouth clean. The floor however was rather...err...

"Oh! You came!" the woman exclaimed, looking up from her baby. "My little Mason couldn't digest the food very well..."

Hyejung felt her eye slightly twitch, but she plastered an awkward smile onto her face. "Uh, it's no problem m'am." she cleared .

Crouching down with her cleaning supplies in hand, Hyejung murmured, "Well. The baby ain't going clean after himself. Lucky for him." 

Looking up at Mason in his high-chair, Hyejung lightly huffed. The baby giggled adorably, clapping his pudgy in hands in glee.

My. How cute.

~*~

With her shift done for the day, Hyejung trudged out of the restaurant with her backpack lazily slung over her shoulder. 

Taking a lingeringly gander about, Hyejung puffed her light, rosy cheeks with air. 

With a gentle breeze flowing through the busy city, petite snowflakes flailed about. People from students to ahjummas and ahjussis deftly strolled the lightly powdered streets.

Hyejung waveringly walked back home, stuffing her cold hands into her hoodie pockets. Although the refreshing wintry sight was calming, her body still felt utterly drained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter