Unknowingly Closer

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY: Unknowingly Closer

{ I believe there's another reason. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

It was a peaceful and quiet morning at the winter resort. Hyejung was in a deep slumber, sprawled wide and comfortable on her bed. Suho and Kai left the room to go get breakfast, so it was only her in the room.

Just at that silent moment, there was a series of loud, repetitive knocks on the door. Hyejung stirred in annoyance.

"Hello? Hello? Yah, is anyone in here?!" a deep voice called out, and there was a couple more beats on the door.

Hyejung moaned under her bed-sheets, snatching her pillow and slapping it over her face. "Yah! Go away, Park Chanyeol!!" she hollered, muffled. 

Chanyeol naturally pouted. "But Hyejung-ah! It's serious!" he childishly protested, impatient.

"Aish! But I'm trying to sleep!!" Hyejung complained, randomly popping up into a sitting position upon her bed. "Are you sure it's serious?? Huh?!" she suspiciously asked, her shaggy bangs all over her face.

"Oh, totally! Very, very serious! Now open the door!!" Chanyeol bellowed, fidgeting with the door handle.

Hyejung deeply huffed, making her uneven bangs flail about. "Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming! Aish, settle down!" she ordered, stumbling out of bed. 

Storming right up to the door, Hyejung briskly swung it open. Her eyes widened in shock when she spotted Chanyeol wearing only a white towel wrapped around his torso.

Hyejung took in a calm, easy breath to ease herself. She crossed her arms seriously, "Chanyeol. What the heck are you doing at my door?"

"Huh? Oh! I came to go get some soap and shampoo!" Chanyeol beamed. "Isn't it obvious? Like, seriously." he tilted his head with a cocked eyebrow, slapping his pale, firm chest like some sort of macho man. 

"Oh, of course, of course. Because whenever people need soap and shampoo they go knock on their neighbor's door wearing only a mere towel. A towel, Chanyeol," Hyejung sarcastically spoke, emphasizing her point by animatedly gesturing her limbs.

Chanyeol cheerfully chortled, "Aigoo, Hyejung. You're pretty smart! Not so stupid anymore, eh?" he grinned, patting the tomboy's scruffy head. He swiftly walked passed her and into the bathroom.

"Aish! Stupid, creepy giant." Hyejung bitterly grumbled in surrender, speedily running her hand through her tangled hair. She spun on her heels, trudging up to her bed, and limply leaping onto it.

With the needed bathing supplies in hand, Chanyeol marched out of the bathroom. "Hey, thanks a lot for the shower stuff Hyejung!" he called, striding out the door.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Hyejung carelessly waved her hand, digging her entire body under the covers. 

A peaceful quietness returned after a few moments.

Letting out a relaxing sigh, Hyejung freely closed her eyes. *Ah. All I want to do now is sleep.* 

There was at least five minutes of peace, until...

"Oh, Hyejungie!" Sehun shrieked, bouncing into the hotel room unexpectedly. 

*Oh dear God, why me?!* Hyejung groaned, sitting up at bed yet again, paranoid. "Sehun, what the heck is it?! I'm trying to freaking sleep!" she squawked, thrashing her arms up in the air. 

Sehun bowed repeatedly. "M-Mianhae, Hyejungie! I just, erm...c-can I use your bathroom?" he bit his lip hesitantly, pointing to the bathroom door shakingly. 

Hyejung blinked. "Huh?"

Sehun pursed his lips, lightly hopping up and down, "Ch-Chanyeol is hogging the bathroom right now, s-so I can't use it! P-Please Hyejung, I don't think I can-!"

"Aish! All right, just go already!" Hyejung waved her hands vigorously with a disgusted face. "And don't you dare say another word. I don't want weird images coming to mind, babo! Aish..." she shivered, mentally disturbed.

"Ah, thank you, thank you Hyejungie! I love you~" Sehun gratefully thanked, scurrying into the bathroom before he exploded.

Hyejung wordlessly rolled her eyes, falling on her back, and jerking the sheets over her face once more.

With the sound of the toilet vibrantly flushing moments later, Sehun walked out of the bathroom with a sigh of relief. "Ah, much better! See ya later, Hyejungie!"

She grunted in response.

Sehun freely shrugged, and skipped out the door.

Hyejung huffed deeply under the blankets, tightly shutting her eyes once more. *Okay. Let's try this again. FOR REAL.*

After several whole moments, the entire room finally recovered into a beautiful silence. Hyejung's lips curved upwards into a small, crooked smile as she rested without a care in the world. *No one can possibly bother me now.*

Suddenly, Hyejung felt like someone was watching her. She twitched her nose in annoyance, ignoring the weird aura. However, it wasn't successful, for she heard another body breathing beside her. 

Hyejung tightly gripped onto the blankets, her eyes shooting wide open. *ARGH!* her eyes twitched in utter annoyance.

Forcefully throwing the sheets off her face, Hyejung gave the unknown individual a crazy, paranoid look. Her upheveled hairdo really helped with the threatening, monster look. She yelled in fierce heat, "YAH! WOULD YOU PEOPLE STOP BUGGING THE HECK OUT OF ME?! FOR GOD'S SAKE-" 

Kai blinked, cutting her off. "Hyejung?"

Hyejung suddenly shut in surprise when she realized who it was.

in harsh, deep breaths, Hyejung silently stared up at Kai with her red, blank, slightly mad eyes. 

Just slightly.

After three awkward seconds, Hyejung heaved tiredly, finally making a sound. "Man, I give up." she grumbled, throwing her arms up in surrender. She crossed her arms and legs, sitting Indian style upon her bed with a moody pout.

Kai handed Hyejung a paper plate of baked biscuits and fruits, eyeing her like she had mental issues. "Are you all right? You look and seem...scruffier than usual." he commented, honestly. 

Hyejung sourly glowered, placing the plate on her lap. She took an immense bite from her biscuit. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't mind me." she waved her hand, wiping the sprinkled crumbs off her lips with the back of her palm.

Kai shrugged, deciding not to even bother asking about what happened. "Anyways," he cleared his throat. "We were planning on going ice-skating today. You up for it?"

"Meh. I guess. At least I know how to do that," Hyejung muttered, poking her fruits with her fork.

Kai playfully rolled his eyes at Hyejung's sleepy, grumpy behavior. "Arasso. Sounds good." he lightly smiled.

Rising to his feet, Kai started to make his way to the door. But he stopped, shifting his attention back to Hyejung. "Oh yeah, by the way..."

Hyejung curiously drew her gaze up to him, slightly tilting her head to the side. "Mwo?"

Kai took a step forward, looking straight into Hyejung's brown eyes. "I was wondering if we can hang out together tomorrow. Y'know, just the two of us." he casually said, an innocent, natural smirk on his lips.

Hyejung blinked, giving Kai a quizzical, weird look.

Whenever the two of them hanged out together, they never really asked each other in such a fashion. It would just happened.

Besides, they were just friends after all.

"Huh? Wae?" Hyejung bluntly asked, look down at her plate as she munched a piece of fresh melon.

Kai coolly shrugged. "I don't know. I just feel like it, I suppose." a mysterious, alluring look glimmering in his eyes. "But anyway, I can't tell. I guess it's a secret." he placed his ind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter