Walking Home...Together?

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TEN: Walking Home...Together?

{ She strode ahead without another word. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Hyejung and Kai walked silently alongside each other, passing by the occasional ahjumma or ajusshi. 

Biting her bottom lip, she grumbled in her thoughts, *Gah. Why is the atmosphere so awkward?*

Kai was thinking the exact same thing and he couldn't bear it any longer. Straightening up his shoulders, he cleared his throat. "So...did you sign up for dance class?"

Hyejung glanced up at Kai, lightly bobbing her head up and down. "Yeah, but I ran into an annoying psycho while I was at it."

He couldn't help but chuckle at Hyejung's choice of words. "Psycho? Hmm, I wonder who that could be," he thoughtfully wondering, tapping his bottom lip jokingly.

"It's some girl named Kim Heejin," she pat, grimacing at the name as she crossed her arms. "I don't know what's so great about her."

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Kai shrugged. "Heejin's known to be the best female dancer in the whole school. Actually, she was my ex-dance partner."

"What? Really?" Hyejung's eyes grew round in interest. "What happened with that?" she curiously questioned, wondering about Kai's previous partnership.

He darted his eyes up to the sky in a moment of pondering. "Well, let's just say we didn't co-operate very well. If you don't get along with your dance partner, there's no chance for you winning a prize."

She nodded in understanding. "That makes sense. And other than that, you gotta like your partner right? So, did she like you or something?"

"Oh, she liked me all right, and she still does. Heejin picked me to be her partner just because she knew she and I are the best dancers." Kai smirked. "And I don't mean to brag, but she also picked me because I'm exceptionally good-looking."

Hyejung snorted, raising a brow. "Wow. You don't say?"

Rolling his eyes, Kai stifled a chuckle. "So, what did Heejin say to you?" he asked.

Hyejung was silent as she shrugged. "It's nothing to be concerned about."

Kai gazed at Hyejung in question, but she didn't look up to meet eye contact. She never really shared much personal stuff with other people. If anybody criticized her or whatever, she would just keep it to herself. It's just how she dealt with things, but sometimes it would be too hard for her to carry alone. Besides that, she never been in a close enough relationship with someone to share those kind of things with the small exception being her Aunt Jae.

The silence soon came over the two of them once more. Hyejung was staring down at her feet in thought, not even paying attention to what was ahead of her. 

Kai was just a couple of feet away from Hyejung, gazing about the vicinity. When he drew his gaze back at Hyejung, his eyes rounded. Hyejung was about to step off the curb and onto the street, where busy traffic was constantly zooming by. It seemed like Hyejung didn't realize it.

Kai bit the inside of cheek for a quick moment. He had to make a quick decision on what to do right then and there.

Lifting her right foot off the sidewalk, Hyejung was about to step onto the street where a car was dangerously speeding up towards her. The car's horn loudly sounded.

"Hyejung, look out!" he shouted in warning.

Without a second thought, Kai took two large steps forward, reaching out to grasp onto Hyejung's wrist. She yelped as Kai pulled her away from the street, swiftly whipping her body around to face him. Her hands flung onto Kai's firm chest as their bodies collided, the car zooming by in just a matter of moments.

With his arms safely wrapped around Hyejung's small frame, Kai heaved unsteady breaths and his heart thumping. Hyejung did the same, in an utterly speechless. 

They remained in that embracing position for a few long moments. Hyejung's cheeks started heating up in a bright shade of red, her heartbeat becoming unusually fast when she realized the awkward position she was in.

Trying to get rid of her strange state, Hyejung immediately s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter