Dance class is now in session!

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN: Dance class is now in session!

{ gaped in shock. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

After a couple of days, Friday had finally come. 

Sauntering down the halls, Hyejung carried her backpack that was loosely slung over her shoulder. As students passed her from all directions, Hyejung abruptly stopped in her tracks; she arrived in front of the dance studio. Lifting her gaze upwards, a sign hung over the door.

Room 214: Dance Studio

Several chattery voices were heard through the walls of the room. Hyejung exhaled in anticipation as she grasped the door handle, turning it, and entering into the room.

The talking lowered its volume just a litle as a few student dancers stared curiously at Hyejung. Heejin was doing some leg stretches on a beam, and she sent a glowering look in Hyejung's direction. "Well, what do you know. The commoner actually came to class on time," Heejin sneered with a few other girls mischievously giggling at the sight. 

Kai and Sehun were standing to the side, minding their own business. "Oh, look! There's Hyejungie!" Sehun beamed, pointing over to the tomboy. Kai smirked, chuckling lightly. "Well, whaddya know."

Hyejung turned her head and scowled, striding over to the girls' locker room on the right hand side of the room. 

The dance instructors Miss Lee and Mr. Gong walked into the dance room, standing at the front of the room.

"All right, attention everyone! Stop what you're doing and eyes on me!" Miss Lee hollered. All the numerous students stopped what they were doing, which was either stretching or talking.

Mr. Gong firmly clasped his hands together. "All right. We're going to be calling names to see if everyone is here. Let's start! Kim Heejin?"

"Present!" Heejin announced, raising her right hand high and proud.

Reading the list on his clipboard, Mr. Gong called out several more names. "Okay, Lee Jina? Park Taejun? Oh Sehun? Kim Jongin?" 

Kai nodded nonchalantly, lifting his hand up just enough to be seen. "Here."

After changing from her school uniform, Hyejung speedily walked back into the dance room, wearing a large airy t-shirt that was at least two sizes bigger than her body frame. Unlike the other girls who wore fitted leggings or short shorts, Hyejung wore her old baggy sweat pants. Her hair was up in a hasty, messy bun, and her face was fully visible. For once.

"Seo Hyejung?" Mr. Gong called out, scanning about. "Ah, there you are!" Mr. Gong beamed, quickly checking Hyejung's named on the list.

Hyejung carelessly shrugged, lining up alongside the other students.

"Okay! We're going to start with partner sit ups, so go find someone to team up with!" Miss Lee proclaimed, walking over to the side with Mr. Gong to observe.

Girls and boys started swarming about, talking loudly as they called out for their partners. Hyejung raised her hands up to her hair, ruffling her untended bangs. 

Kai coolly leaned against the wall, and he spotted Hyejung. Striding over to the tomboy, Kai reached out and tapped her shoulder. Hyejung spun around, and when she noticed who it was, she raised an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

Kai innocently held his hands up. "Woah, take it easy. Look, do you need a partner or something?"

Hyejung shook her head. "No. I can do sit ups without anyone's help," she grumbled, stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest.

A skeptic scoff rolled out of Kai's mouth. "Suite yourself." He sauntered away. 

Hyejung stuck her tongue out at him before taking a seat on the floor. Sehun spotted her from faraway, and gave her a big thumbs up. Hyejung smiled and nodded.

Miss Lee noticed Hyejung alone, and she strode over to her, kneeling down to Hyejung's height. "Hyejung? You need a partner in order to properly do the sit up exercise. I can help you if you want."

Hyejung lazily shook her right hand. "It, uh, it's fine. I can do it by myself."

Slowly nodding her head in understanding, Miss Lee stood up. "Oh! Well, okay then...all right, students!" she loudly blew her whistle. "Start now!"

Everyone started the exercise. Hyejung exhaled loudly, rubbing her hands together. She started doing the sit ups, steadily and in perfect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter