The Letter

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE: The Letter

{ I could always be wrong. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

School had finally ended for the week, and Hyejung started making her way home.

As Hyejung was trudging down a lonely alley, a boy from school came up from behind her. All the guys at school were somehow and in some way associated with Hyejung, since she never played with girls growing up. Some were her "friends" while others just bullied her and used her for their own benefits. 

"Hey, Hyejung! Do you want to hang out?"

Hyejung rolled her eyes, a tired scoff falling out of her lips. "Yeah. As if I'll actually do that, Jonghyun."

The boy, who resembled something like a dinosaur, pouted childishly. "Oh? And why not?" he asked, walking alongside the tomboy with his hands innocently behind his back. 

"Because you're just going to make me do your frickin' homework! I'm not even that good in school myself, so do it yourself you lazy ." Hyejung coldly retorted, tightening her grasp on her backpack strap.

Jonghyun lightly shoved the girl, protesting, "Yah, you can't talk to me like that! I'm older than you!"

Hyejung blew her uneven bangs out of her eyes. "Aish, you're such a big frickin' baby! You might actually accomplish something in life if you do your homework." she remarked, using two fingers to harshly push Jonghyun's forehead. 

Jonghyun let out a fake groan, scratching the back of his neck with a sly grin. "Arasso, Arasso. Later Hyejungie~"

As she watched the the boy run off ahead, Hyejung rolled her eyes. *Guys these days. I'll never understand them.*

Hyejung was now sauntering up her neighborhood street. Lazily wiping with her shirt sleeve, the tomboy trudged up the steps of the small house. Once inside, Hyejung plopped her backpack down by the door like usual. She started to head up the stairs until she was suddenly disrupted.

"Hyejung-ah!" The abrupt sound of her name made Hyejung slightly jump in surprise, stopping in her tracks.

With furrowed eye brows, Hyejung thought, *What the heck? Aunt Jae's home already?* She glanced over at the kitchen clock. *Oh. Well it is 5 o' clock and Friday's her easiest day, so...*

Running down the stairs and into the living room, Hyejung saw her aunt sitting on the couch. "Hey, what's up Aunt Jae? How was work-"

Aunt Jae abruptly held her hand up, shushing Hyejung of her sentence. The woman was intently reading some sort of document, and the sight made Hyejung tilted her head to the side in curiosty. 

Plopping onto the couch beside her aunt, Hyejung asked, "Hey, what are you reading?" The woman didn't respond, continuing to scan her eyes all over the document. 

Hyejung raised an eyebrow, getting tired and bored of receiving the silent treatment. "Aunt Jae, what in the world are you-"

"WAH, SEO HYEJUNG!" Aunt Jae exclaimed in a excited shout, grabbing a hold of both of her niece's arms.

Hyejung was startled and utterly confused as she stared int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter