Unexpectancies

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN: Unexpectancies

{ Sickening. Just plain sickening. } * Click for BGM!

 

 

The following morning Hyejung slowly lifted her heavy eye lids open. The lively events of the previous night were simply all a blur; playing, laughing, and even watching the boys speedily chug down a few of Red Bulls.

It was rather entertaining to say the least.

Slowly rising into a sitting position, Hyejung tiredly stretched her arms out. She had fallen asleep on the couch, which was no surprise considering the get-together went on till late in the night.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim literally had to drag the sleepy boys out of the house, calling up two taxis to take them back to their homes. 

Hyejung rotated her head, trying to remove the bothersome kink in her neck. She softly sighed in satisfaction when she did so.

Slipping her feet off the couch, Hyejung deeply inhaled the delicious smell of fresh baked pancakes trailing from inside the kitchen.

Suho came into the living room, his mother's apron around his waist and a bright grin upon his face. 

"Ah, you're awake!" Suho chuckled. "Breakfast is ready, sleepyhead."

The tomboy hazily nodded, trudging into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. started to water as she hungrily stared at the scrumptious array of pancakes and fresh berries.

Rubbing her hands together in great anticipation, Hyejung breathed, "Time to feast."

Without a word, Hyejung immediately grabbed a couple of the largest pancakes, without the use of a utensil mind you. She plopped them onto her plate, pouring a river of maple syrup onto them.

As she popped a large strawberry into , the sound of a throat being cleared was abruptly heard.

Hyejung curiously lifted her gaze, almost choking on her food at the sight of the boy directly sitting across the table.

"Y-Yah, what are you doing here?" Hyejung stammered, her eyes wide and awake in surprise. She definitely wasn't expecting his face so early in the day.

Suho sat beside Hyejung. He amiably smiled, swallowing a bite of his pancakes. "Kai called me and said he was going to pick you up for practice."

"Practice?" Hyejung repeated, disbelief in her voice. "But we freaking just decided this yesterday!" she exclaimed incredulously, flailing her arms animatedly.

Kai coolly sipped his orange juice, chuckling shortly after. He was all dressed in the appropriate attire for dancing; loose hoodie, sweats, and Nikes. "I think I remember clearly telling you that dancing is a pretty big deal to me, Seo Hyejung." 

"Yeah, well I wasn't expecting this. Aish," Hyejung snorted, stuffing a generous amount of syrup-soaked pancakes into . 

"Oh, but you should. I'm just trying to win is all." Kai teasingly smiled, his voice sounding too sugary-coated for Hyejung's liking.

Rolling her eyes, Hyejung devoured the last few large bits of her pancakes. "Fine, fine. I'll go get changed. Happy?"

Watching Hyejung stand up to her feet and making her leave, Kai shrugged to his hyung with his lips tugging upwards into a smirk.

"You're not gonna be too hard on her, are you Kai?" Suho asked, uncertain. "She's not the type to work along well with others, y'know."

Kai sighed thoughtfully, resting his hands behind his head. "I know. Don't worry about it, Suho. I can handle her just fine."

Suho sighed, taking his empty plate into his grasp and rising to his feet. "Well, if you say so," he mumbled unsurely, deftly placing the dish into the sink.

Within five minutes, Hyejung jogged down the towering fleet of stairs. She slung her backpack over her shoulder, dressed and ready to go.

Kai, who was waiting at the foot of the stairs, checked his sports wrist watch. "Hmph. Strange. I usually start my weekend practices at ten. You're exactly an hour and thirty-nine minutes late."

Hyejung plastered a sarcastic, beaming face, "Wow. I'm sure you feel pretty damn proud of yourself for knowing that crap. Here, let me pat your back for good measure."

Before walking over to the door, Hyejung raised her hand and gave Kai two hearty and rough pats upon his firm back. Well, more like slaps. She had powerful arm strength mind you.

Kai choked on air, not necessarily expecting that sort of sudden strength. "H-Hey! What was that fo-"

"OKAY SUHO, I'M LEAVING! SAY HI TO MAMA MITTENS FOR ME!" Hyejung stepped outside, referring to the old, aging house-cat that Mrs. Kim undyingly loves.

Looking over his shoulder towards Suho, Kai shook his head helplessly. "Well. Bye, Suho-hyung."

Suho chuckled, now standing right at the front door as he watched the two teens walk down the long d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter