Clearing things up

How Passion Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: Clearing things up

{ "Trust in me." } * Click for BGM!

 

 

Like they had planned earlier, Exo-K literally invited themselves over and rambunctiously piled into Suho's house. The leader didn't really mind since it was Friday, and Hyejung had no choice but to go along with it like usual. 

Serious, negative thoughts vanished away for the time being and was replaced with loud, boyish chatter and complete ruckus. It was vibrantly obvious throughout the entire household.

Through the long, several months of knowing the seven boys, you can say that Hyejung got used to the peppy noise and the teenage-boy-weirdness. The tomboy would be lying if she didn't find their competitive, playful behavior humorous. 

"Hey, who wants come chips?!" Suho hollered from the nearby kitchen, and the majority of the friends raised their hands in want.

However, two particular boys seemed too engulfed in what they were doing to draw their gazes up at the leader.

"One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war, start NOW!" And the epic battle began, between D.O. and Chanyeol. With their hands tightly clasped together, the duo deviously dodged and challenged each other's thumbs. 

While Suho was grabbing some snacks in the nearby kitchen, the others watched in interest as the big-eyed boy and the tree-like one brawled. Twenty seconds into the duel and both boys were already at the brink of perspiration on their foreheads.

Lounging on the couch safely beside Hyejung, Kai slightly leaned over to her with his eyes still on the intense game, "Bet you five bucks Chanyeol's going to win." he mumbled, nodding over at Chanyeol whose tongue was sticking out in forced concentration.

Hyejung gave Kai a quick glance before continuing to study the battle at hand. "Eh, I bet D.O. Looks like the guy's got skills." she admitted, coolly sipping her coke. D.O.'s thumb was gliding around and about.

Kai lightly scoffed. "Really? If Chanyeol's not careful, he can break someone's freakin' back if he rammed into them." he joked, making Hyejung shake her head in amusement. "All D.O. can do is lift up a spatula." 

"I heard that." D.O. growled, keeping his focus on his thumb movement. Hyejung chuckled.

"Hey come on! You know I still love you, hyung." Kai chimed, a teasing smirk on his lips.

Hyejung snorted, folding her arms over her chest. "Yah, there you go again! Making me question your ual preference." 

Kai playfully rolled his eyes, nudging Hyejung in the side. She was always a bit sensitive at that spot, so she slightly jolted in her seat. 

*Ooh. Looks like I discovered something.* Kai grinned, nudging Hyejung in the same spot to be sure. The same reaction occurred with a more annoyed facial expression.

"Yah, would you cut that out?! I'm trying to watch the game here!" Hyejung flailed her arms in protest, scooting away from Kai. She wrapped her arms around her body for some sort of protection. 

Knowingly, Kai nodded his head as he shifted a tad bit closer to the tomboy. "Ah, Hyejung~ It looks like you're rather ticklish, hm?" he smirked, a glint of pure mischief in his eyes.

"T-Ticklish?" Hyejung snorted, giving Kai a fake look of doubt. "Yah, who said I was ticklish? Did you guys say that? I didn't say that!" she defended, looking over at the other boys skeptically.

Now with the numerous months passed, Kai knew Hyejung all too well. The fear in her eyes was prominent as the lad lifted his hands, curling them in and out with a wide boyish grin.

Hyejung swallowed, knowing what she was in for. "Yah, stay away from me! I'm w-warning you, Kim Jongin!" she shakingly threatened as Kai started to climb over to her. He didn't seem the least bit scared of her.

Without any warning, Kai attacked and started vigorously tickling Hyejung's clothed sides, her t-shirt at least two sizes too big. The tomboy couldn't contain herself and busted out into the longest string of hearty laughs that ever proceeded from . Kai couldn't help but laugh along, loving the bright, open grin shining upon Hyejung's face. 

"A-Ah!Y-yah cut it out!" Hyejung yelped, squirming around breathlessly in laughter as Kai hovered over her upon the couch. "I-I can't breath, you crazy baboon!"

Kai resisted Hyejung's request, digging his tickling fingers into deeper her sides. Hyejung laughed even more uncontrollably, her heart frantically racing. 

"And why should I do that? I'm actually enjoying myself right now." Kai joked, a playful grin gracing upon his plump lips. Through the extreme abundance of laughter, their arms and legs tangled together in a messy heap.

As Hyejung squirmed and laughed uproariously, she frantically kicked her feet about making Kai lose his balance and hold on the couch. He broke the space between them, collapsing fully on top of her. They both grunted at the sudden impact, and Hyejung yelped when she felt themselves roll off the couch and onto the carpeted floor. Now she was on top of him.

With the effects of the tickling still in her system, Hyejung let a few breathless chuckles escape from her lips. She opened her eyes and looked down at Kai with shocked, flustered face. *Oh shoot.*

Her eyes quickly roamed around, and she swallowed at the awkward position she was in. It felt like this was umpteenth where she found herself pinned down by Kai or the other way around. The whole situation made both of their hearts race speedily in their chests.

Hyejung hesitantly drew her gaze upwards, locking eyes with Kai.  Her wide, hearty grin faltered when she realized how deep and tranquil Kai's gaze was upon her. Right at that moment, it seemed like all of time had stopped.

She unconsciously tilted her head ever-so-slightly, wondering what the lad could possibly be thinking about right at that moment. His usual, boyish expression had no sense of cockiness or the like, but it was replaced with different, lightly mysterious façade of tenderness and serenity. That and the way her heart was madly thumping made her nervous and flabbergasted.

The tomboy's eyes abruptly bulged out of her sockets. She could have sworn that Kai leaned dangerously forward, but he stopped in his place when loud, sudden thump was made against the coffee table.

"DAMMIT! I can't freakin' believe this!!" Chanyeol bellowed, ruffling and pulling at his locks. Exo-K didn't really seem to notice Kai and Hyejung's little moment as they guffawed at the result of the epic thumb war; D.O. had came out victorious.

Through all the triumphant noise, D.O. placed a foot on the coffee table and pointed down at Chanyeol. "Yah, who's the victor now?!" he confidently jabbed a thumb to his chest. "THIS GUY IS! UH! YEAH!" the boys laughed and jokingly slapped each other.

Chanyeol harrumphed, crossing his arms with a childish pout. "You were lucky that time, D.O.! I was taking it easy on you since you're so much smaller than me."

Kai seemed to distracted by the scene to even notice that Hyejung rolled away from him. He looked and saw that she migrated over to sit by the maknae, folding her legs into an Indian style sitting position upon the floor.

*Babo.* Kai bit his lip in slight frustration, standing up to his feet. He strolled over to the kitchen and started making some sort of latte.

After the boys somewhat settle down, they started surfing through the channels something for something to entertain themselves. Nothing much seemed to be on, so they ceased their search to watch the cute variety show, We Got Married. 

"Ooh, Hyejungie! We should totally go on that show someday~" Sehun beamed, a sweet s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter