The Memories Are All That Remains

Dream or Reality?

Meghan POV

As I revved the engine I heard Taemin squeal, he pulled his body to mine and held on of dear life. As I revved again his grip got tighter and he laid his head on my back *Scoff* so this is the most popular boy in school? Oh well he looks cute when he’s scared. I laughed as I kicked off the ground and started driving.

When we arrived at Taemin’s house I stopped the bike. “We’re here now, I’ve turned off the engine you can let go now.” I felt Taemin's grip loosen as he got off the bike. He starred at his house then turned to me as I got off the bike and took off my helmet and placed it on the bike.

“How did you know where I live? What are you a crazy stalker fan?” he asked me.

“No don’t you remember. I was the one who had to put together the class contact list.” I replied.

“Wow, you have a great memory then.” He said taking off the helmet.

“Huh, a compliment. I didn’t know that Lee Taemin aka the schools most popular boy would ever compliment me!” I fan girled. He turned to me. “I was kidding.”

“Oh,” he looked down at the helmet, “Hey! This helmet is pink!” he screamed at me.

“Yeah it was my mum’s we used to go riding together all the time.” I said longingly while looking at mum’s pink helmet with her hand painted flowers on the side. Mum was always good with her hands. I looked up to the sky wondering if she was looking down at me and smiling her adorably ‘Loving Mother Smile’. *sigh*

 

Taemin POV

As I looked down at my hands I noticed was holding a pink helmet. Was I wearing this the whole time?

“Hey! This helmet is pink!” he screamed at me.

“Yeah it was my mum’s we used to go riding together all the time.” She starred at the helmet for a while then up at the sky. She sighed. She looked so beautiful even though she looked like an idiot smiling at the sky.

“What happened, can she no longer ride with you or something?” I asked handing her the helmet.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” She took the helmet and turned it in her hands, she looked up at the sky, “I wonder what her and dad are doing right now.” She said.

“They’re probably having the time of their lives now their away from you for however long their holiday will be.” I said looking up at the sky.

*Sniff* I turned to see Meghan starting to cry! Why was she crying did I say something wrong? “It’s ok, I didn’t mean it they probably miss you very much and can’t wait for you to get home.” I hurriedly said. Meghan crouched on the ground and put the helmet on her knees.

“If only they could come home.” She whispered but loud enough for me to hear. She stood up *Sniff* and headed towards the bike. “See you at school on Monday” I grabbed her and spun her round.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, I just miss them so much.” She replied.

“Aren’t they coming back for you?” I asked confused.

“That’s just the thing, they can’t. I’ll never be able to see them again. Until...” she trailed off. I got annoyed at her for not continuing.

“Until what?” I asked.

“Until I die.” She said blankly. Oh my god I didn’t realise her parents were dead! *Mental Head Bang*

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise.” I apologised.

“It’s ok. Well I’ll be going home then.” She replied. As she walked away I grabbed her arm. “What?”

“You’re in no condition to drive right now you’ll be distracted. Come inside you can stay here for the night. Don’t worry I won’t try anything.” She nodded and grabbed her motorbike she rolled it behind me as I lead her to the garage. I’m guessing her parent’s death was something like a car accident. In any case I wasn’t going to just leave her alone.

She put the bike in the garage and walked to the front door.”Brace yourself.” I said. She was standing behind me and looked confused. As I opened the door I found the rest of Shinee glaring at me.

“LEE TAEMIN WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!”