My new doll

Dream or Reality?

 “KEY! WHAT DID YOU DO?” Meghan screamed. As she ran out of the house and ran towards us Key stated to hide behind Jonghyun. “STOP HIDING BEHIND JONGHYUN AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN!” she yelled. Onew stepped in front of her.

“Wait a second calm down. Now what did Key do?” Meghan took a deep breath.

“Ok, so I went up stairs and I found half my closet scattered around the room. Then I looked up the stop shelf and my box of personal belongings was missing. So I started to look for it. I eventually found it open on my bed. One of the things inside is a photo album that was labelled: ‘Completely and Utterly Private’ and you know what he did, he went through it!”

“You should have hid it better.” Key said from behind Jonghyun. Meghan made another charge for him blocked by Onew.

“Hey! You want to die!”

“What was so important that you didn’t want people to see?” Minho asked.

“Uh, why would I tell you? I didn’t even want key to see it.” She replied.

“Well, either Key tells us later or you tell us now.” Minho backfired. Meghan paused for a minute then replied.

“Fine, it had… it had… my childhood photos. There, happy?” we all starred at her in silence. Until Minho started to run inside, followed by Jonghyun and Key, Meghan ran after them and then Onew and I followed.

We ran into Meghan’s room to see Jonghyun holding Meghan back whilst Minho and Key flipped through an old picture book with hand paintings on the front.

“Awe, how cute!” Minho exclaimed.

“Jonghyun let go of me right now. I don’t want to hurt you.” Meghan squirmed. Onew and I walked over to the bed and watched as Key and Minho flipped through the book. It was sooo cute! It was a book filled with pictures of Meghan through the years. When we got to the last page there was a note that read: ‘Book 2 is hidden under the bed! Shh!’ Key dove under the bed and pulled out a similar box and opened it. As we were going through it we came across photos of Meghan dressed up as a living doll.

“Oh my gosh! You look just like a doll.” Key said, he was right she did. She was so beautiful and so cute!!! I jumped when I heard the books slam shut as they were whisked off the bed. Meghan was standing before us. How did she escape Jonghyun? He’s very strong I can never get out when he pins me down. We looked over to Jonghyun who was passed out on the floor. Key dropped to the floor next to him.

“Oh my gosh, what did you do to him!” Key yelled.

“I rendered him unconscious, don’t worry he’s perfectly fine. It’s a trick dad taught me that if your ever being pinned down, if you hit someone in a certain spot, they pass out.” She said. With the books in hand she left the room and came back with some water and a towel. She folded the towel, “Lift his head up will you?” as Key lifted Jonghyun’s head with worried eyes, Meghan slipped the towel underneath him. Unscrewing the lid she poured some of the water on Jonghyun's face. He opened his eyes and jumped up shaking his wet hair.

“What happened?” he asked.

“I just pinched your nerve and rendered you on conscious. I told you I didn’t want to hurt you but you left me no choice.” Meghan smiled.

“You shouldn’t have done that, you scared us half to death!” Key screamed.

“Yeah, well you shouldn’t go through people’s personal belongings!” she said running out the door. We stood in silence starring at Key.

“*sigh* Meghan wait!” Key said as he followed Meghan out the room.

 

Key POV

“Meghan wait!” I said as I followed Meghan out the room. I looked through the house until ii reached the kitchen at the back of the house. I saw her sitting outside on the grass hugging her knees through the kitchen window. I went outside and sat down beside her but she didn’t look at me.

“Meghan. I’m sorry ok. I didn’t mean to make you upset.” I waited for a response but she just sat there. “You were a really cute kid and you looked like a real doll in those photos.” I said. She turned her head to face me.

“You really think so?” she asked sniffing.

“Really, I mean it.” I replied. She wiped the tears from her eyes and sat cross-legged.

“I’m sorry I over reacted.” She said, “It’s just I can never tell the difference between when someone is being mean to me or just joking.” *sniff* I pulled her into a hug.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know!” I said, “From now on if you think someone is bullying you just let me know and I’ll make them regret it ok?”

“You sound like an over-protective umma.” She laughed.

“You can call me umma if you like.” I said not thinking. She starred at me, “I mean, you’re already like my daughter so you can call me umma if you want to.”

“Yeah, umma. It suits you, diva umma.” She smiled, “I never used to call my mom umma. She was more like my best friend or sister to me.”

“You miss them a lot huh?” I said looking at the ground.

“Yeah, but I know I’ll see them again someday. I know that for now they are looking down at me and smiling.” She looked up to the sky.

“I bet they are really proud of you.” I said looking up at the sky too.

“Yeah.” As she stood up she stretched out a hand for me and I took it, “Come on Umma, let’s go home.” She said as I stood up.

“Ok.” I smiled. As we walked back to the house I saw out of the corner of my eye, the others were watching. I shook my head as we entered the kitchen. The others pretended that they weren’t watching. “Let’s go now.” I said pushing every one out the door.

“Hang on, I meet you out there.” Meghan said as she ran to her room.

When she came outside she was holding the two boxes with the albums inside. I smiled as she put them in the back of the car and shut it. As she jumped into the car we drove home. I turned around from my passenger seat in the front and looked back at Meghan who was sitting in the middle. She was laughing with the others when she caught my gaze and smiled back. Welcome to the family Meghan you’re in for a wild ride. I thought to myself as I turned to face the front.