A day with Minho/My family's story

Dream or Reality?

 

Meghan POV

As I headed down stairs and left a note on the island table in the kitchen I caught sight of Taemin with his head in the fridge!

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked. Taemin turned around, he was holding a carton of banana milk. “You’re gonna get fat from all the banana milk you drink one day.” I said snatching the milk. As I opened the fridge wider I took a large sip of banana milk making Taemin’s eye’s go wider as he watched me drink it.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing drinking my baby!” he yelled. I ran for the door and jumped on my bike pulling my helmet on doing a 360 degree turn around and raced off down the street.

 

Taemin POV

As she snatched away my baby I pouted. She opened the fridge wider and before putting it away she took three huge gulps. My eyes widened in horror.

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing drinking my baby!” I screamed at her. She ran and I chased after her. She burst out the door and jumped on her bike pulling on her helmet she started the engine and leaned into a 360 degree turn. She raced off down the street smoke coming off the driveway. I don’t know how she did it, it looked like something a professional BMX bike racer would do.

Minho drove me to school and I met up with Kai, Kris and the rest of EXO. We headed through the gate and to class.

When school was over I headed outside to see Meghan get on her bike and head off to the studio. As I watched her race down the street I saw a boy at the end of the street stare at her as she turned the corner. I scrunched up my face and clenched my fists. I headed or the studio and slowly calmed down by the time I got to the studio. I entered and saw Meghan on own again. This time she came out wearing a soft pink leotard and lone see through fringe skirt tied to her waist. Her hair was done up in a tight pink bun. She put on a song I recognised as ‘Safe and Sound’ by Taylor Swift. She started to dance, her body fluid and moving like water. Her body flowing through the breeze, matching in time to the soft beat of the song. I hardly recognised her.

When she was finished she went back into the changing rooms and came out as the girl I knew.

“Let’s go.” She said walking out the door. She passed me her pink helmet and put on her own. Strapping her bag to the back and jumping on. I got on behind her grabbing her waist and lying against her back as she revved the engine and kicked off the ground.

 

Meghan POV

When we walked through the door Minho got up from the couch.

“Let’s go for a walk in the park, shall we?”he said. I nodded as we headed off to the park leaving Taemin at the door.

“Bye Taemin.” I waved. He waved back as he went through the door. I turned to Minho as he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers between mine. My heart skipped a beat but I ignored it and started swinging our hands back and forth.

When we reached the park we sat under a shaded tree away from all the noise of kids playing in the park. Minho turned to me.

“Hey, Meghan.” He said.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Aren’t your parents worried that you don’t come home at night when you stay over at our place?”He asked me. Oh no, I was hoping I’d never have to deal with this but I knew it would come up sooner or later.

“I wouldn’t know.” I said truthfully. He looked at me funny and I continued, “I’d love to know what they’re doing now. You see... my parents are both dead.” I said feeling tears begin to well up in my eyes. He looked at me in shock.

“Oh my gosh , I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.” He panicked. I waved him down.

“It’s ok, it’s not your fault.” I said. Silence crept over us until he finally broke it and asked.

“So, what happened?” I flicked my hair out of my eyes. *sniff*.

“Well, it was about ten months ago, I was in class at the time when a teacher called me to the door. He told me to quickly follow him, that it was about my parents. I only heard to versions of the story. One from my auntie and one from the doctor, I still choose the doctors story of my auntie’s. He told me that it wasn’t their fault. Some idiot ran a stop sign and crashed into them. He told me the standard doctor line. ‘I’m sorry, we did all we could.’ My auntie was meant to be my legal guardian after that but because of the past she didn’t want me near her kids. So she made a deal with me that she would pay for everything if I stayed away from her house.” I wiped away a couple of tears and looked up at Minho to see him in shock. When he finally snapped out of it I asked him.

“If it’s not too much to ask, in about 7 weeks is the anniversary of their death. I don’t think I’m strong enough yet to go on my own. Would you come with me?”

“Of course.” He said nodding. We walked back to the house in silence when it started to get dark. He lead me to the guest room and as I walked in he grabbed me and spun me around to face him. He placed his forehead against mine.

“If you ever need someone, I’m right here ok?” he said. I nodded my head against his. I turned to go. My heart skipped as he grabbed me from behind and hugged me. when he let go I grabbed a shirt off the end of the bed that either Key, Onew, Jonghyun or Taemin had put there for me. I smile as I got changed and drifted off to the clouds.

 

Minho POV

As I left the room I walked to my own where Onew, and the others were standing. When they asked what happened I told them we just went for a walk and came home.

That night I lay in bed thinking. How can she smile the way she does? Was she not close to her parents? She’s defiantly not close to her Aunt. With these thoughts I eventually joined her in the clouds.