Don't worry I'll take care of you

Dream or Reality?

 

 

Taemin POV

Meghan went upstairs we sat down on the couch with Alex, Sarah and EXO; we sat in silence until Key said.

“When we go to Meghan's house after she’s feeling better, would you guys help us move her stuff?” they exchanged looks and nodded.

“Sure, we’ll help. But I do have one concern.” Kai said bitting his lower lip.

“And what’s that?” I asked confused.

“Well, as Meghan was saying before, if somehow the other people at school found out about Meghan living here with you guys do you really think they wouldn’t do something to her?” Kai said. We all exchanged looks. I knew he was right, when Meghan and I started sitting next to each other in class the other girls kept death staring her.

“We’ll protect her if that ever happens!” Key said, looking worried.

“But what if you’re not there or you can’t reach her in time?” Luhan asked.

“We’ll protect her to the best of our abilities but we don’t need to think about this just yet. As long as no one tells she’ll be fine.” Minho said, “We should have dinner it’s getting late.”

“Minho’s right, there’s no point in worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. And besides there are 19 of us, if it does get out, as long as one of us is with her nobody can touch her.” Key said, we sat in silence for a while until Alex spoke up.

 “The thing is, well some of you have probably know this already but Meghan, well she use to be cheery and friendly with everyone. But when her parents died she shut herself in. She didn’t go to school for days. She locked away her words. She didn’t even speak to us. A couple of month later she came to school, she was smiling. She greeted us like she normally would. When school was over that day we asked Meghan why she was smiling. Her smile faded as she told us that she is just putting on a brave face for her mum, dad and for us.” Alex said, “She said that she knew her parents were looking down at her from heaven and that if they saw she was not happy then neither would they. So she said she would try to be herself again so that when her parents look down, they can see she’s doing fine and that they don’t need to worry about her anymore. But she still didn’t open up to other people. So the fact that she can smile, laugh and talk to you means that she sees something in all of you and wants to get to know you all better, maybe even become your friends.”

“Alex is right, so please, take care of her.” Sarah paused and looked around the room at all of us. “She still has a long way to go until she can let people touch her heart again.”

“We will,” Key said as he softly smiled at the twins.

“Well it’s getting late, so we’ll see you at school.” Alex said as she and Sarah stood to leave.

“We should be going to. See you.” Kai said as he got up. The rest of EXO got up and said good bye. When Key shut the door behind them he turned to Jonghyun.

“We should start making dinner now. Don’t forget my baby’s soup.” Key said walking into the kitchen.

“Hey!” Minho shouted as Key turned to face us, “Since when is she your baby?”

“Since she agreed to live here with us,” Key said poking out his tongue. Jonghyun followed Key as he turned to walk back into the kitchen. I heard Jonghyun laugh and shake his head. After dinner Jonghyun made Meghan a bowl of vegetable soup. As he began to carry it out of the kitchen I stood in front of him.

“Jeez Taemin, you scared me! I almost spilled Meghan’s soup.” Jonghyun stared at me.

“May I take it up to her?” I pouted.

“Ugh, fine. Here, just don’t drop it.” He said handing the bowl to me. I softly knocked on the door. When she didn’t answer I crept the door open slowly and peered in. the lights were off and Meghan was in her bed. I opened the door a little further letting the light from the hallway lights spill in through the door lighting my way. I placed the soup on the bed side table. I flicked on the light and closed the door as I pulled a chair over to the bed.

I watched Meghan as she lay there slow breaths escaping between her pink lips. I still don’t understand how this girl manages to make my heart race no matter what she’s doing. I flinched as she started to stir. She rolled towards me and opened her eyes.

“What are you doing?” she asked.

“I, ah, um… I brought you dinner.” I fumbled for words.

“Oh, thank you.” She said meekly. As she sat up she cringed.

“Are you ok?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m just sore; I haven’t been moving much for the past few days.” She said with a small smile.

“Do you want me to feed you?” I asked. She looked at me in shock.

“No, it’s not like that. I, uh, I mean…” I blushed looking at my feet.

“If you don’t mind.” I looked up to see her smile, “I think it would be fun to have you feed me…” I looked up at her in surprise. “Uh, that’s not what I mean. I, um, never mind.” She said looking down at her hands.

I grabbed the soup off the bed side table and pulled it onto my lap. I grabbed the spoon and pulled it up to my mouth and blew on the soup. With my hand under the spoon I put it in front of her face. She looked up at me in shock. Her expression changed into a beautiful smile as she opened and ate the soup.

As I continued feeding her, in between eating, she would smile her soft smile and I would smile back. When she finished, I put the bowl back on the bed side table, “Thank you,” She said. “It was very delicious.”

“That’s good. Are you feeling any better?” I asked.

“A little but I still feel a little sick.” She said.

“Well, I’ll take care of you until you get better.” I said smiling. She blushed and looked down and her hands again and started fiddling with her blanket. I got up and put the chair back at the desk as I grabbed the bowl I turned to Meghan who was still sitting up. “Get some rest ok.” She looked up as I spoke.

“Thank you, I will do my best.” She said. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I headed down to the kitchen, had some banana milk and ran up stairs back to my room. I guessed the others went to bed so I ran as quietly as possible and made it to my room. I got changed into my pyjamas, got into bed and smiled as I drifted off with the clouds.