I want to make new memories but still remember the old ones

Dream or Reality?

Meghan POV

When I woke up I went down stairs to find Onew and Key in the kitchen and Minho, Jonghyun and Taemin sitting on the couch. I walked towards the couch and sat next to Taemin on the edge. I saw out of the corner of my eye Taemin looking at me as I curled up in a ball leaning against the arm of the couch, I blushed.

“Feeling any better?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, thank you for asking. I am feeling a lot better.” I replied.

“Well that’s good; you’ve got school on Monday. Do you think you’ll be well enough?” Key asked as he walked into the room.

“Wait, what’s today?” I asked as I felt Key come up behind me and give me a hug.

“It’s the 8th of December, Saturday.” Jonghyun said as he leaned forward on the couch and smiled at me. As Key released me out of the hug I replied.

“If Key’s hugs don’t squeeze the life out of me before then, then yes I will be fine for school on Monday.” I turned and smiled at Key.

“Well then, no more hugs for you.” Key pouted.

“No I didn’t mean it. Besides I could just as easily squeeze the life out of you with one of my hugs.” I said as Key sat down in the single couch next to us. As he smiled back the others laughed.

“So what do you want to do today?” Onew asked.

“Well, I guess I have to get my stuff and move it here if I want to move in with you guys.” I said.

“So what are you going to do about your house?” Key asked.

“Well, since I can’t own a house yet, the house belongs to my auntie. So I can move my stuff here and the house will go unused. Auntie won’t notice, even if she saw the bills went down. Knowing her she’ll only smile as she won’t have to pay as much. She won’t ask questions, she knows I’m a power saver because of the whole vegetarian thing so it should be ok, if the time comes I’ll deal with her. I don’t want you guys to ever have to meet her.” I explained as I knew they would question if she would notice if I stopped living in mum and dad’s house.

“Ok, I’ll call EXO and ask them to help.” Taemin said getting up from the couch.

“No, don’t do that. I wouldn’t want to bother them. I can do it by myself. The only things I will be bringing are my personal belongings and the things mum made for me.” I said as I remembered all the presents mum and dad use to give me, that mum had made herself.

“Your mum made things for you?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, you know the flowers on the pink helmet.” They all nodded, “Well, mum painted those on.” I said with a weak smile.

“Wow, well she was a very talented woman, you must have been proud to call her your mum.” Onew said.

“Yeah, she was the best.” I said smiling at the ground.

“Well, like it or not were helping.” Key said all diva style making me laugh.

 

When we arrived at my house with a few cardboard boxes that we got from the supermarket, as we went inside I noticed everyone looking around.

“I’ll only be taking things like photos and stuff.” I said.

“No, we want to make you feel at home so we’ll bring some girly stuff that you can put in your room.” Key said.

“Thank you.” I said a little relieved, “Follow me.” I led them to my room and walked in. I turned as I noticed they had stopped at the door.

“Well, come on.” I said gesturing them to come into the room. They started to walk in but were still starring at the walls. “Do you like it?” I asked. “I painted it myself.” I said proudly as they continued to look at the paintings on my wall.

“It’s amazing. When did you do it?” Minho asked.

“When I was fifteen my parents went out on a date. I got bored so I took mums paints and looked up painted flowers online and found flowers similar to this and they inspired me and that happened. My auntie was the first to see it; she looked shocked and said I had turned into a rebel child.” I laughed, “Mum and dad saw it and mum just hugged me saying it was beautiful.”

“Ok, we should get started.” Key said. Taemin started to construct one of the boxes as Key and Onew went through my closet. I rolled my eyes. Jonghyun and Minho went through mum’s recipe books. I walked over to Taemin and took the box away from him as he kept fiddling with it and was struggling to construct the box. He looked so adorable as he kept frowning trying to get the box to sit right.

“Here, your taking forever.” I opened the box and taped the bottom so that it wouldn’t break. He pouted at me when I handed him the box and stood up. He took the box over to Key and Onew who started filling it with some of my clothes. “Ok everyone leave for a minute.” I said shooing them out of the room.

“What, why?” they all complained.

“There is no way in hell any of you are seeing me pack my underwear.” I said blushing. I closed the door on them and ran back to my closet quickly putting all my underwear and bras into my mini suitcase and lay my pyjamas over the top so that when I’m unpacking at their house. They won’t see it. When I was finish I let them back in. “Sorry.” I said, none of them said anything as they came back in. I noticed they were slightly blushing. When me and Taemin finished the constructing if the boxes I picked up a box and grabbed Taemin's arm and led him to the dark room.

 

Taemin POV

I felt Meghan grab my arm and take me to another room in the house. She flicked a light switch on the outside of the door but nothing . She opened the door as we walked into a dark room. In the middle of the room was an island table that looked like a very long sink with trays inside it. To the sides were benches with things that looked like those old projects that project words from a transparent piece of paper. She let go of my hand and put the box down on the bench.

“Welcome to the dark room.” She said. “This is where mum and I used to develop our photos. I wanted to take some of the cameras so I can make new memories.” She said as she started taking camera bags out of the cupboard below her and grabbing cameras from the shelf above her head. I watched as she put the cameras into the bags and the bags into the boxes. My eyes wondered over to a laptop sitting lonesome on the bench on the other side of the room. I walked over to it and opened it. There was no password on it so I watched as the background flashed and changed. It was all pictures of Meghan. She looked really pretty. She was wearing beautiful dresses and her hair was about twice as long with no pink. She was laughing in one, reading in another, and the next one she was running through a field. In one she was on a rope swing that had flowers running up the ropes with flowers in her hair. My breath stopped as it flashed to the next one. It was night time and there were fireflies surrounding her. Her dress went with the breeze as she was reaching out to a firefly.

“You like that one.” I jumped and turned to face her. She watched with me as it flicked to the next picture. It was day time again and it was a close up the was looking up at her from the perspective of an ant as she was bending over and smelling the flowers. She closed the lid and put the laptop in a bag and put it in the box. I don’t know why but I grabbed her from behind and hugged her. I heard her sniffling and I let her go spinning her to face me. she was about to cry when I pulled her to me. she hugged me back and buried her face in my shirt making my heart race. We stayed like that for a while until she let go. I stepped back and saw her smiling as she wiped away her tears.

“Sorry, it’s just. That was the last trip we took together as a family.” She said as she turned to the box. I beat her to it and picked up the box.

“Lead the way.” I said I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it because it would just make her more upset.

“When we get back do you want to go through them with me?” she asked as we headed out. But before I could say anything she continued. “I’d like to remember all the wonderful memories of my parents. When I don’t look at pictures of them I start to forget what they look like. Weird huh?”

“No, it’s not weird at all. I think it’s good that you want to see the picture of you and your parents again. I think it might keep your happy memories alive.” I said. She led me out to the car and I put the box in the back. The others started to come out with some more boxes.

“Is that all you want to take?” Key asked.

“I’ll just do one last check.” She said running inside. After awhile she came out with an angry face.

“KEY! WHAT DID YOU DO!”