Rigging The Game...

Dream or Reality?

 

Taemin POV

As we looked up at the house trying to figure out how to get up there for the fireworks and first sunrise Meghan suddenly stepped forward. She grabbed a hold of the top of the window frame and stood on the bottom frame.

“Like this.” She smiled at us before turning back to face the house. As she began climbing the house Key shouted at her to get down before she hurts herself. Of course she didn’t listen and before Key could run up to her to stop her she was already halfway and Jonghyun held Key back. We watched Key calm down in Jonghyun’s embrace.

“Come on you slow pokes!” We looked up to see Meghan standing on the top of the roof waving down at us. We all had our mouths hanging open. How did she do that? I was snapped out of my thoughts by Onew.

“I’ll get the ladder.” He sighed walking to the garage.

He brought back the really tall ladder that we had in the garage from when Key wanted to paint the outside of the house because the colour was ‘too dull’ as he put it. When it was standing up it was close enough to the roof for us to pull ourselves up. Minho went first because he is the tallest of us. Jonghyun went next so that he could help pull the other three of us up. Key went and Jonghyun helped him up. Minho was helped up Onew. When it was my turn, I reached the top of the ladder and looked up to see Meghan offering me her hand and smiling at me. We all settled on the other side of the roof. It was a very flat like roof so it was easy to sit on. When the sun started going down Jonghyun was on then end to my right. Key was next to him then Meghan, then me, then Onew, then Minho.

“So… umm, you guys do realise that there is six of us and I’m the only girl.” Meghan said and we all nodded.

“So then you guys don’t see the problem with the midnight kiss?” I mentally face palmed. When I realised what Meghan was saying everyone except Meghan was looking at each other when realization hit us. “Yeah I thought about this before so I wrote all our names on a piece of paper. So let the fates decide who kisses who and you can’t back out. If you get yourself put it back ok.”

“Wait so four of us will have to kiss a guy. No way!” Minho complained.

“Please for me.” Meghan pouted.

“No.”

“Please… Minho Oppa.” We all looked to Minho and surely he caved.

“Fine.” Minho grabbed one of the pieces out of her hands. We looked at him waiting for his response. “Jonghyun.”  Minho looked over to Jonghyun shrugging apologetically. Meghan pulled out Minho’s name and handed it to Jonghyun.

“My turn!” Key claimed. He pulled out his piece of paper. “Taeminnie, your mine.” Key said waving the piece of parchment around. I couldn’t say that I was happy but I kept a smile plastered onto my face. I really wanted to get Meghan.

“That means Onew and I are together.” Meghan smiled, “Come on let’s go Onew Oppa.”

“Where are you going?” I asked confused.

“To visit my parents and since Onew Oppa and I got picked to be together for the midnight kiss I’m taking him to meet my parents. I’d take you all but I don’t wish to overwhelm my parents.” Meghan smiled.

“Have fun.” Key smiled. Why isn’t he stopping her? Why isn’t he becoming his overprotective Umma self and refusing to let Meghan go to a cemetery at night with a boy who is four freaking years older than her!

 

Meghan POV

As we arrived at my parent grave it was nearly Midnight. We sat down in front of their graves.

“You really miss them huh?” Onew said breaking the silence.

“Yeah.” I sighed.

“I’m sure they’re watching over you and are very happy to see you smiling.”

“Thanks.” The silence washed over us as the Onew’s watch emit a soft glow from the electronic light built into it telling us that it was a minute to midnight.

“You so planned that didn’t you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I saw you. You made sure Minho and Key grabbed certain pieces of paper didn’t you.”

“That and the only names on there were the four of them.”

“I kind figured that. I overheard you and Key talking, since it would be your first kiss I don’t plan to take it from you.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“10” Onew said.

“9” I continued.

“8” he smiled at me.

“7” I faced the sky.

“6” he did to.

“5” I started to feel cold.

“4” He noticed.

“3” He gave me his jacket.

“2” I smiled again.

“1” we said together.

“Happy New year Meghan/ Onew”

I kissed him on the cheek. “Just because I will not give you my first kiss do not mean I can’t kiss your cheek as if you were the brother I never had.” We smiled at each other and watched the fireworks light up the sky. “Do you think the others actually kissed?”

“I dunno, wanna go find out?” I nodded.

“Sure, let’s go.” He got up and then helped me up and we said good bye to my parents as we ran home.

 

I wonder how many of you dislike me right now for not making Taemin and Meghan share their first kiss at midnight muwahaha. And don't worry Onew isn't going to fall in love with her. He sees her as a little sister. It's so daeja vu for me because my younger brother is four year younger than me  and Onew is four year older than Meghan *sidden realization* :P Let me know what you guy think of this chapter and if you are let me know how mad you are at me for not making Taemin and Meghan kiss at midnight :P

For now I think I will go and hide in the Shire. Happy Reading :D

SakuraLove :3