The Beginning

Dream or Reality?

Meghan POV

 

“Bye Alex, bye Sarah.” You wave goodbye to your best and only two friends in the world as you run down the street towards the local dance studio for your part time job as a dance teacher to little kids and another class you teacher made up of teenagers.

As your running you see an ambulance wiz past you siren blaring. You slow down and pray that where ever that ambulance is going that everyone involved is safe and sound. It has been 10 months since the anniversary of your parent’s death. Every time you remember them you remember their funeral when the will was being sorted out.

Flash back

“All possessions are to be given away accordingly.” Said the man read out of the Will, “All our money will be put into our daughter, Meghan’s Account, and will be untouched until she is 18. In the meantime her legal guardian will be her Auntie May.”

“Me, her legal guardian, no way no how, I don’t want that little brat anywhere near my two angels.” Auntie May screamed.

All I remember after that was Auntie May screaming behind me as I kneeled in front of my parent’s graves tears, trickling down my face and freezing against the cold winter. Auntie May turned to me.

“You can live on your own can’t you Meghan.” She said placing a hand on my shoulder with pleading eyes. I nodded. “There it’s settled. I’ll pay for her to live in an apartment on her own and school and she can get a job to pay for food.”

End of Flash back.

It’d been a long 10months since then, but you were doing fine, getting a great education, top of the class, and doing what you love.

As you started to walk slowly with your head down you put in your headphones and listen to the radio as an unfamiliar band named Shinee comes on singing a song called Lucifer. As you stare down at the iPhone and iPod in your hands you remember that these were the last presents your parents gave you. Your auntie pays your phone bill for you so that she can talk to you without you coming near her children.

You hit something hard and fall down to the ground. Rubbing your bum you look up and see a familiar face. A hand extends your way and you take it as you get up you realise it’s the school Jerk Lee Taemin. You’re not really sure if he’s a jerk it’s just rumours.

“You better watch were you going.” He said, “Hey, don’t I know you. I know! You’re that girl in my English and Math class that never speaks, wow. Hi I’m Taemin.’

You nod and go around him and his friends and hurry off to work. How did he know who I was and how did he know my name. Oh well, too late to think about it now, I’m going to be late again at this rate.

As you pick up your pace you look over your shoulder to see Taemin looking at you, head tilted to the side. His friends were looking at him. Oh no, what have I done. Stupid, stupid. *Face palms*.

You make it just in time for class and start teaching your students how to do all the different types of splits.