Chapter 2: The bet

The Definition of Love

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

Right after helping Jiyeon out, I proceeded back to class, and guess what? My table is crowded with girls right. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to my seat and coughed, signaling the girls to get off.

 

This is exactly what I face every morning. The reason is because of my seatmate, Nam Woo Hyun. He is the “heart-making” machine, or rather, a flirtatious person in our school. And trust me; he is even more popular than those K-Pop idols out there.

I shook my head as I sat down.

 

“Yo!”

And I ignored him.

“Hyomin!”

I ignored him again.

“Yoohoo!” and he started waving right in my face.

Alright, this is it. I turned over to him and put up the fakest smile and smiled at him.

“For your information, we ain’t that close, so please call me Hyomin-SSI. And yea, what is it that you want?”

Well, nothing was heard and I felt really annoyed.

“Hello, you were the one who kept on greeting me and yet you are keeping quiet here. What’s wrong with you?”

He gave me a smirk before answering. I feel uncomfortable at that smirk of his. I repeat. I feel VERY uncomfortable at that smirk.

“Let’s have a bet.”

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

I looked at Hyomin with a weird look. Seriously what is wrong this girl? How can she ignore this handsome guy right here? I am Nam WooHyun for heaven’s sake. Why is she ignoring me?

 

I tried being nice and started talking to her, but in the end, right. I got ignored and got lectured? She told me to add a –SSI behind her name when addressing her.

Fine, playing hard to get? Alright Hyomin, I’m in.

 

“Let’s have a bet.”

She looked at me with those a really uncomfortable expression.

“What bet?”

I smirked and continued.
“If… I can get 10 people to call me without asking them to call me before the teacher comes in for class; you have to become my slave for one whole week. And if you win, I will be your slave.”

 

She looked at the clock and smirked.

“Alright, you are gamed.”

I looked at the clock. There is only 5 minutes left before class starts, but 3 minutes will be enough for me, I don’t need 5 minutes.

I walked to the front and took out a marker and started writing on the board.

 

Hey girls, please call me at xxx-xxx-xxx right now.

Love you if you do so ;D

XOXO
Nam WooHyun.

 

I started coughing in order to gain the attention of the fan girls in my class. And when they saw the message on the board, they started taking out the phones and dialing the number. And in 3 minutes time, I already got 25 calls. Even the girls from the other class got my number and started calling.

 

Once the teacher walked in, I showed Hyomin my phone.

53 missed calls.

She face palmed her own face and stared at me.

“You cheated! You said you won’t ask them to call you!”

“Well, I didn’t ask them to call me. I pleaded them to call me.”

And I pointed towards the board. When she saw the word PLEASE on the board, she shook her head and hides her face behind her palms.

Hah, Park Hyomin, you are my slave for a week now. And trust me; I’m going to make you fall in love with me in this period of time.

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

I was actually a bit hurt when Myungsoo said that I could be a back-stabber. I ain’t a back stabber and I will never be one. I sighed as I walked into class. And the moment my touched my chair, all the guys in the class started swarming over and passed me loads of presents.

 

Instead of taking them, I politely declined them. This was supposed to be never ending until the teacher started walking in. That was when the guys stopped pushing their presents to me and got back to their seat.

 

Once again, I sighed as I looked at Myungsoo’s back view. I can’t help but ponder that he actually had something bad happened to him in the past.

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

After her so-called speech to me, I kind of realize she might actually be different from the other girls that I have met in the past. And thinking back, I was a bit harsh with my words just now. So I decided to go and apologize to her.

 

When I walked into class, I saw a lot of guys crowding around Jiyeon’s table. Well, there goes my chance of apologizing. I don’t want to gain attention saying that I have scolded Jiyeon for being a back stabber when I don’t even know her yet.

 

So in the end, I gave up and decided to look for another chance to apologize to her. And my chance came when school ended.

 

When the bell for dismissal rang, all the students ran out of the class like as if they were released from jail. And normally, I am the only one left in the class. Just then, I heard a pen drop and I looked behind, to see Jiyeon in her seat, with a frown over her face.

 

Without myself realizing it, I walked over to the seat in front of her and sat down on it, waiting for her to realize my existence. To my disappointment, she didn’t. I guess she was too engrossed in solving that maths question. I started coughing to gain her attention.

 

And she looked up with her round hazel eyes. Aww, how cute. Wait, shut up Myungsoo, what the hell are you thinking by complimenting her?

 

“Are you okay Myungsoo-ssi?”

For some reason, I felt really uncomfortable with the formal addressing by her.

“Please, just call me Myungsoo.”

And she nodded.

“Look, I just want to apologize for being a jerk just now. I didn’t really mean it though. I just said those words… to protect myself.”

Right Myungsoo, what are you doing right now? Acting pathetic in front of her?

“Nah, it’s ok. I don’t really mind though.”

She gave me a smile and continued trying to solve that equation of hers.

“Do you need help? I mean, you look like you are having trouble.”

 

She nodded vigorously and trust me, for that instance, I thought her head was going to be detached from her neck. I started explaining the steps to her but it looks like she doesn’t even know the basics. Looks like today is going to be a long day.

 

“Maybe we should go to the library? I will teach you everything that you need to know. And since it’s kind of warm here, I think the library would be a much better place.

 

She thanked me and started packing up her things and we headed to the library. But luck wasn’t by our side. When we reached the library, it turns out that it was closed for the day since the librarian had something on for the day, so she closed the library earlier than the usual time. So in the end, we have nowhere to go.

 

“Why not we study at our place? I mean we can’t stay in the library and I don’t know any place else. And don’t worry; I won’t do anything to you. And my mum and brother are at home right now, so yeah, we won’t be alone.”

She nodded before mouthing a thank you.

 

Now just why am I explaining so much to her right now? 

 

User ImageUser Image

Jjang Jjang Jjang.

Chapter 2 is uploaded! 
Comments are totally welcome XD

and i made my own Myungyeon poster. OMG.

So touched ;____;

 

           

           

 

Gifs ain't mine. Credits to the owners! ^^