Chapter 29: The meeting

The Definition of Love

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

The moment I confirmed that the guy was Myungsoo, I stood rooted to the ground. It was so unbelievable that I could still see him after 5 years. He changed so much. He grew skinnier, and I could see that he became more matured, he grew taller too, and I could see, he had a change of heart too.

 

Chorong was right beside her smiling towards him and of course, Myungsoo returned the smile. And because of this, I held the urge to run to him and give him a hug again. So in the end, I just acted like I didn’t see him and just walked off, going somewhere to wait for Hyomin.

 

When I saw Hyomin getting out of the gate, I was shocked. Well, she seems shocked and panicked and flustered too. I patted her back and asked. “Are you fine Hyomin?” She nodded and gulped. “WooHyun’s back… and so is Myungsoo.”

 

“I know… Look, let’s just talk about this over a cup of coffee alright? It’s no use staying here and talk, it’s kind of weird anyway.” She nodded and we went to the café that both of us once worked in.

 

She told me everything that happened between WooHyun and her. Well it was kind of hilarious since WooHyun left her without a reason and come back 5 years later, telling her he wants her back. Isn’t this just so hilarious?

 

“So… How did you feel about Myungsoo? After …” I cut her off before she could finish her sentence. “No Hyomin, the two of us will never ever be able to be together anymore. He doesn’t like me anymore and he’s with Chorong already can’t you see? This just proves that everything is true, everything that he wrote in the letter was true.” Hyomin sighed and nodded. “Alright, if that’s what you think then.

 

After a while later, I headed home and sat on the bed with the letter that I received from Myungsoo 5 years ago. The letter that made everything become like this. I looked at the letter which had already turned yellow due to the time and sighed. Why did you even play with my feelings?

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

“Sir, here are the documents that you need to sign.” The secretary passed me a document and after looking through it, I signed and returned it to her. “Oh, and you have a dinner to attend tonight, 7pm, Seoul Hotel.” I nodded and smiled. “I remember. Thanks.”

 

I looked at my watch. 5pm. Right, I probably should go home and get changed now. I called Chorong to tell her about the event and told her to get ready since I needed a female partner. Hey, I’m not interested in her or whatsoever. It’s just purely because I needed a female partner and she’s the only one I can turn to for help now.

 

Right at 7pm sharp, Chorong and I arrived at the designated venue and started walking in, exchanging conversations with the others and started talking about business.

 

“Oh, so you are the boss of that famous café huh? Hmm, you should totally meet the young boss of a really good coffee bean supplier. He is good, reliable and trustworthy!”

 

I nodded and smiled. “Really? I would love to meet him then. Maybe we could even become partners!” Both of us laughed and the older man started talking again. “I could introduce him to you if you want. And oh, speaking of the devil, there he is, behind you!”

 

I put on my best smile in order to give the others a good impression. But that smile turned into a frown instead. “Jaebum! Meet Myungsoo-ssi! You two would be able to make some business with each other!” The moment the both of us met eyes, JB’s smile turned into a frown too but still, he offered a handshake with me.

 

“Yeah Mr. Jung, I’m sure the both of us would be able to work well together.” JB smiled towards Mr. Jung and he smiled back. “In this case, I will leave the two of you to talk then.” Once Mr. Jung left, JB’s smile disappeared and he frowned. “So, I guess you are back after 5 years huh? Oh, and looks like Chorong is with you isn’t it?”

 

“It doesn’t matter whether if Chorong is with me or not. None of your business dude.” I smirked and replied him. Looks like there is going to be a fight breaking out soon. “Of course it’s none of my business. But it seems like you hurt someone else 5 years ago for the sake of being with Chorong. What a playboy. Tsk.”

 

I am getting confused right now, what did he mean by that? Just as I was about to reply, a feminine yet familiar voice was heard. It can’t be …

 

“JB! Sorry for taking so long, I met up with some partners of yours and we decided to talk a little.” Jiyeon said to JB, with a smile on her face, oblivious to Chorong and my presence. But instead of replying her, JB’s gaze was fixed on me. And seeing that JB didn’t reply her, Jiyeon started to look towards the direction of his gaze and her eyes finally landed on me and her face fell.

 

“You…Jerk.” It was supposed to come off as a whisper but yet, I could hear everything she said. Why did she call me Jerk when I was the one who got dumped and cheated on? Jiyeon started holding on to JB’s arms which made my blood boil. “JB, let’s go please? Somewhere far from the two of them. I don’t want to see them anymore.”

 

Once again, it was supposed to be a whisper, but somehow, I heard it once more. JB nodded and held onto her hand. “Let’s go Jiyeon, somewhere far.” Jiyeon nodded and turned around, prepared to leave but was stopped by me.

 

“Explain.” I held onto Jiyeon’s arms and I could feel my heart beat faster.

 

“What am I supposed to explain?” Jiyeon frowned and tried to remove my grip but I was too strong for her. “Explain why you left me.”

 

Upon hearing that, Jiyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Shouldn’t it be the other way round? You should be explaining why you left me and not why I left you.”

 

Now, this is getting more and more confusing. When the hell did I leave her? JB removed my grip on Jiyeon and stood in front of Jiyeon, protecting her. “Look dude, stop harassing Jiyeon. The moment you decided to throw her away for that Chorong girl 5 years ago, it’s all over. Everything is.”

 

Just as I was about to rebut back, Jiyeon tugged on JB’s sleeves and pouted. “JB, let’s go, I really don’t want to stay here anymore.” Damn, that pout was only meant for me 5 years ago. But wait, that’s not the problem right now. Why did he say that I threw her away for that Chorong girl 5 years ago?

 

I was about to ask them when I realized that both JB and Jiyeon were already gone. Damn, where the hell did they go? I tried looking for them but I couldn’t spot them anywhere. I turned over to Chorong to see a pale looking girl standing beside me. “Chorong, are you alright?” I shook her shoulder lightly to get her attention.

 

“Hu…Huh? Ye…Yeah! I’m fine, just that I’m not feeling well, can you send me home?” I nodded immediately and held her closely, making sure that she doesn’t faint or anything. “Sure, I will send you home.” For that moment, I found nothing abnormal since I really thought that Chorong wasn’t feeling well.

 

After sending her home, I went to the nearest bar and started drinking and tried to solve the mystery but yet, it didn’t help. Instead of solving the problem, I got drunk instead. And in my drink state, I started wondering around the streets and eventually out.

 

The next day when I woke up, I had a really bad headache and it hurts so much. I looked at the surrounding and couldn’t help but find it familiar.

 

Way too familiar.

 

I walked out of the room and down the stairs and saw Jiyeon sleeping on the couch. Gosh, how the hell did I end up in Jiyeon’s house?