Chapter 20: War Declared

The Definition of Love

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

Hyomin and I were walking out of the door and towards the car when I see someone that is considered a pain in my eye standing there. Kim JaeJoong.

Don’t get me wrong. I like him as my Hyung since he is fun to be with. But when it comes to Hyomin, there is nothing such as brotherhood anymore.

 

I folded my arms as I sent deadly glares over to JaeJoong while he was doing the exact same thing. Just then, Hyomin gave me a pat on my shoulder and asked. “Are you alright Namu? You seem … uncomfortable or something.” I shook my head and flashed the usual smile. ‘Nope, I’m perfectly fine.” She nodded and turned over to JaeJoong. “Hey! What are you doing here?”

 

JaeJoong moved nearer to us, well to be much more exact, he moved nearer to Hyomin and smiled. “Just came here to fetch you to school. I have decided.” He turned over to look at me. “I’m declaring a love war with WooHyun.” I smirked and started shaking my head. Doesn’t he know when to quit? Hyomin is going to marry me and …

 

“Oh really? Well, good luck to the best warrior?” and she turned over to me and showed me her tongue. My eyes widened at her answer. Immediately without thinking, I went over to Hyomin and dragged her to one corner and started asking. “What did you mean by that? Why are you ….”

 

“You said you were going to prove to me isn’t it? Make JaeJoong give up and I will really marry you. We can even skip the dating phase like what you wanted. But the only condition is to make him give up on me in one week like what we promised. And if you fail … I’m just going to go to JaeJoong and …”

 

I’m not going to let her finish her sentence. “Considered it done.” And I walked over to JaeJoong extending my hand to him for a handshake. “May the best guy get the fair lady’s heart.” He smirked and shook my hand. “Of course. I won’t make things easier just because you are younger.” I nodded.

 

After our “agreement”, I turned over to look for Hyomin, but she was nowhere to be seen! I started panicking and pacing around. “Where is Hyomin? Where is she? Why didn’t she wait for me? OH MY GOD HYOMIN WHERE ARE ….” And my phone started ringing. I pulled it out to see that it was a message from Hyomin.

 

From Hyomin:

I’m going off first since you guys look like you are busy with your own discussions. See you in school later!

 

Well, I wasn’t the only one who received the message. JaeJoong received it too. He sighed while I ran towards my car and got my driver to speed up. I need to reach Hyomin first. At least I can make sure that she stays beside me all the time.

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

I rolled my eyes impatiently when I saw the two guys shaking hands with each other. They made it look like they were betting for some treasures or something. I grabbed my bag and walked off to school first without informing or waiting for anyone of them.

 

Just as I was walking to school, I sent both of them a message to tell them that I was on the way to school first before either one of them freaks out and called out some search party to look for me. Hey, I ain’t exaggerating alright? Judging from WooHyun’s character, he might even make a TV appearance to announce to the whole world that I am missing.

 

I shook my head as I walked into school to see Myungsoo running after Jiyeon who was fuming mad. When Jiyeon saw me, she ran over to me and linked arms with me. “Hyomin! Let’s ditch school today. Let’s ditch work today too. Wait no! Let’s just ditch everything that has to do with Kim Myungsoo!” And she sent deadly glares to Myungsoo.

 

Whenever Myungsoo tries to take one step forward, Jiyeon will move three steps backwards. I sighed as I shook my head. Lover’s tiff huh? Knowing that Jiyeon is going to ignore him, Myungsoo turned over to me and looked at me with his puppy eyes like as if he was pleading me to help him. I turned over to see Jiyeon staring at me. I was going to speak when I heard the loud screeches of the car.

 

I turned towards the direction of the screeches and saw two guys elbowing each other while walking towards the corridor. “HYOMIN!” both of them shouted my name when their eyes met with me. They started walking towards me until a while later, they began running.

 

I tugged Jiyeon’s sleeves and said. “Let’s ditch school together Jiyeon.” She nodded and turned over to Myungsoo. “YOU. Make sure you leave me 100 steps away. Don’t even come near me.” and the both of us ran away leaving the three guys behind.

 

We didn’t even look back to see if the guys were chasing after us. After running for god knows how long, we stopped at a convenience store and went in. Both of us bought cup noodles and began sitting down and eat. After moments of silence, I decided to break this quiet atmosphere. “So…what’s wrong with you and Myungsoo?”

 

She paused for a minute before replying.

 

“He cheated.”

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

“What? He cheated? But he doesn’t seem like the type to cheat though.” I sighed as I shook my head. “That’s what I thought too. But it looks like looks can be deceiving though.”

 

“So what exactly happened?”

 

I sighed as I started telling her the whole story, in a simplified version.

 

“So, I received a message saying that Myungsoo met up with some trouble at the rooftop and so I ran up. But guess what I saw when I reached the rooftop? Myungsoo with his back facing me. That’s not all. There was someone else up there. Well, a pretty girl to be exact. Nothing much happened until the girl used her hands to cup Myungsoo’s cheeks and she moved in to kiss him. The best part is … MYUNGSOO DIDN’T EVEN REJECT OR RESIST!”

 

I banged the cup noodles on the table and frowned as I think back to the situation. Stupid Myungsoo, Pabo Myungsoo, Idiotic Myungsoo.

 

“Maybe you have mistaken him? Maybe it’s like what happened in dramas. They didn’t even kiss and it was just an act put up by the girl?” I scoffed as I shook my head. “Not all dramas happen in reality Hyomin. Don’t talk about him anymore alright? It makes my mood goes down.” 

 

She nodded as she continued eating her cup noodles. “So… what’s up with WooHyun and you? And I forgot to mention. JaeJoong?” She facepalmed herself and started telling me what exactly happened. I started laughing while she was talking about the situation she was in. Well, this was cute. I didn’t expect the pretty devil to be stuck in such a colorful situation.

 

“Stop laughing! It’s not funny. I’m getting a headache from all this drama! So that’s why I have never liked relationships. It just gets on my nerves.” Normally, I would have rebut her and tell her how pretty love was. But this time round, I just had to agree with her. “It’s ok Hyomin, since we are ditching school today, let’s enjoy ourselves!” She nodded and both of us went to the nearby amusement park and started playing like some mad woman until 3pm.

 

“Hey, it’s already 3pm. should we go back to work now? I mean work starts at 4pm, so I’m sure there is still enough time.” I groaned at the thought of going back to work and meeting Myungsoo. “You ain’t alone Jiyeon. Remember, I still have to see JaeJoong like the fact that you have to see Myungsoo.” I nodded as I kept all the stuffs that I won from the amusement park into my bag and strutted off to the workplace with Hyomin.

 

The moment both of us step foot into the café, Myungsoo, JaeJoong and even WooHyun is already in the café. The both of us looked at each other and nodded at each other. This marks the start of I-am-going-to-ignore-myungsoo/woohyun/jaejoong-and-treat-them-as-if-they-are-invisible-mission.

 

User ImageUser Image

Just want to say thanks to haeminn, mimi59378, Jlurver and xxmidnightcoolxx for upvoting the story!

And read my other Myungyeon story if u haven't! It's going to end real soon. (:

 

The 3 Rings of Marriage