Chapter 21: Mission fails?

The Definition of Love

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO PEOPLE! BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CONCLUSIONS, I DIDN’T CHEAT ON JIYEON ALRIGHT? I wouldn’t bear to hurt that beautiful, kind, pretty, y little goddess who chose a nerd over some other handsome guy in the school over some girl that I have not even met before!

 

Let me tell you what happened.

 

While I was taking out my books from the collar, some random girl just came by and pulled me away to the rooftop before I realized it. “Hey Myungsoo…” The girl in front of me had her head drooped low while she was playing with her own fingers.

 

“Erm, hey? So…” I couldn’t even finish my sentence and she already started talking. “I’m Chorong…and, I like you.” Chorong? As in the Chorong that the whole school is crazy over? Well, putting aside Jiyeon and Hyomin’s popularity, Chorong is the third most popular girl in the whole school.

 

WOW. This is what you call unexpected. I, the nerd in school have an admirer. Hehe, I can totally boast it to Jiyeon later on. But still, “I’m sorry Chorong-ssi, I can’t …” and once again, I got cut off. She cupped my cheeks and moved one step closer to me. “Please don’t break my heart. I chose you out of everybody so please… don’t break my heart.”

 

We stayed in that position for a minute until I heard someone shouting. “We are over KIM MYUNGSOO!” Damn it, it’s Jiyeon for heaven’s sake. She must have gotten the wrong idea. I ran down the stairs and tried explaining things to her but it seemed like her ears were shut off or something.

 

So in the end, we met up with Hyomin and I sort of asked her for help by using eye contact. But oh well, JaeJoong and WooHyun just had to ruin everything. The both of them started running out of the school once the two of them were in sight.

 

And here I am right now, squatting on the ground with my hands covering my face, shaking my head. What am I going to do right now. So in the end, after rounds of scolding WooHyun and JaeJoong for being blockers, we decided to wait for them at the café since they will turn up for work no matter what kind of reasons they have.

 

And yes, we were right. Those two girls turned up for work like as if nothing had happened. I ran over to Jiyeon, wanting to give her a hug, but well, before I could even get close to her, she already ran over to the changing room. But hell no, I ain’t going to give up at all. The moment she came out, I tried to talk to her again, but it seems like I was invisible or something. She just walked past me and took her notebook and went over to a table and got their orders.

 

Never mind Jiyeon, I won’t give up. I continued the work while stealing glances at Jiyeon all the time. And guess what, once again, those male customers are trying to flirt with my Jiyeon again. She really needs to wear a tag which says: Sorry dudes, I’m already attached to Kim Myungsoo.

 

Just as I was still deep in thoughts and agreeing to myself how good it would be if Jiyeon has that tag on her, some random guy started asking for Jiyeon’s number. My eyes turned wide open when I saw Jiyeon typing her numbers into the guy’s phone. WHAT IS GOING ON EXACTLY?

 

I stomped over and snatched the phone away. “Dude, she’s taken, go away!” I deleted the number and threw the phone back to him and chased him out of the café before turning over to see a fuming mad Jiyeon. “What was that for?!”

 

I folded my arms and smirked. “What’s wrong with me stopping some other guys who is trying to take advantage of my girlfriend?” Heck, I was feeling damn proud that I managed to kick some third party out of the way. Jiyeon facepalmed herself and shook her head. “Don’t you remember him? He is LeeJoon, my neighbor! He asked for my number because he won’t be around in Seoul for a week, and I need to take care of his puppy for him! And the number exchange was to make sure that we could contact each other if there were any emergencies!”

 

Crap, I just ruined everything.

 

“I’m sorry Jiyeon, but you see….”

 

“We are already over since the moment you kissed that rooftop girl or pretty girl or Urgh! Whatever you call her!” and she stomped into the staff’s room leaving me dumbfounded.

Dumb Myungsoo, Idiotic Myungsoo. She can’t leave me! I will die if she leaves! I ran into the staff room and locked it, making sure that no one would disturb the both of us. Jiyeon let out a sigh and turned over with her back facing me when she saw me locking the door.

 

“Look Jiyeon…”

“I can’t see, I’m blind.” And she covers her own eyes with her hands.

“Then listen to me!”

“Nope, I’m deaf too. Sorry.” And she stuck her fingers into her ears, blocking any sounds that would possibly be detected by her ear. I sighed as I walked over to her and removed her hands that were used to block her ears.

 

“Jiyeon, let me explain please. Just 5 minutes please.”

“Fine, 5 is all you get.”

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

I folded my arms as I stared into his eyes. “1 minute is already gone.” Myungsoo gulped as he started explaining everything. So whatever Hyomin said was right. Dramas do exist in this world. I knocked his head with my knuckles and shook my head. “What? Boast to me just because you have a pretty admirer? Then should I list down all the names of the people interested in me and rank them in terms of likeability?”

 

“Yes to listing the names down so I can go to them one by one and knock out their teeth. No to ranking them in terms of likeability because I am supposed to be the first, and the only and only that you like!” And he pouted after his sentence.

 

Kya, let me die of his cuteness now! I coughed and put up a straight face. “Ok, I will give you the list later. I can even give you their numbers!”

 

“WHAT? WHY DO YOU HAVE THEIR NUMBERS? Is it all in your phone?” And he started snaking his hands around my waist which tickles. “Yah! Kim Myungsoo stop it!” I shouted while giggling all the way because of the itchiness that he caused.

 

His hands stopped at my waist which made it easier for him to pull me closer to him, which he did. He smirked as he inched his face closer to me which made me blush. I hate the fact that he still has this much of an effect on me after dating for already a week.

 

Right, talking about a week and hey, it’s Christmas tomorrow!

 

“Myungsoo, our one week relationship ends today, did you know that?” His face turned dark the moment he heard it. “I don’t want it to end!” He hugged me even tighter and I swear I    could feel my spine breaking. “Myungsoo …”

 

“Why would you want to end it? You don’t like me? Or is it because of Chorong? I already said we had nothing to do with each other! Or…” Oh damn this. I moved him and planted a kiss on his lips, making him shut up. I backed away to see him smiling sheepishly while biting his own lips.

 

“Jiyeon…” Oh no, I recognize those eyes. I ain’t giving in. “No Myungsoo, I only did that because I needed you to shut up.” He pouted and gave me his infamous puppy eyes when he heard me. “What I wanted to say was that I like you and I wouldn’t give you up even though you wouldn’t like me.”


“But I like you! I mean I love you!”

 

“It was just an assumption Myungsoo. ASSUMPTION!”

 

He nodded his head and his mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. “So, you ain’t mad at me anymore?” I shook my head and smiled. “Why would I be mad when you did nothing wrong?” He started jumping up and down like some little kid and smirked.

 

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

 

“Baby, you know it’s Christmas tomorrow right?” I nodded. “Let’s celebrate, hmm?” I nodded. I mean, it’s just a Christmas celebration right? No big deal.

 

“YAY! CELEBRATION AT MY HOUSE!”

I knew it. It wouldn’t be so simple.

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

The moment Hyomin got into the café, she started ignoring me. But the good thing is that I wasn’t alone. JaeJoong got ignored too. I smirked as I saw the dejected look on JaeJoong’s face. I waited for Hyomin to finish changing as I sat on my seat with my eyes glued to the staff’s room.

 

When Hyomin walked out of the room with her hair tired up neatly and in her uniform, I could feel my breath being taken away. So, does this mean that JaeJoong got to see her like this all the time? Pfft, no no no, this ain’t going to work.

 

I called for the manager and he walked over in a few seconds. Since he knew I was part of the owner of the café, like Myungsoo and JaeJoong, he treated me like as if I was king or something. “Manager-ssi, I have something to discuss with one of your employee with the name of Hyomin. Is it alright if you get her here and excuse her for a few hours?”

 

He nodded without even thinking twice. “Of course Sir, I will make the arrangements now!” and he bowed before walking over to Hyomin and getting Hyomin over to me with a cup of latte.

 

Hyomin walked over reluctantly with the cup of latte and place it in front of me and stood there. She couldn’t reject the order from her manager can she? “Don’t just stand, sit down please.”

 

She adjusted her skirt and sat down opposite me. “So what’s this important thing that you want to talk to me about?” I ignored her and rest my chin on my hands and just kept on staring at her. “Yah, what’s wrong with you exactly?”

 

My eyes travelled down from her eyebrows and slowly towards her lips. I bit my lips as I saw those lips of hers moving. “You know tomorrow’s Christmas right?”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

“Let’s celebrate can we? Just for tomorrow, don’t reject me.” Silence was observed for a while, but she still replied eventually. “Of course I will! And when did I ever reject you before?” and she ruffled my hair.

 

Hehe, this is going to be one great Christmas. 

 

User ImageUser Image

Sorry for not updating all these while. Just got back from oversea trip! and MERRY XMAS TO ALL! 

and the world didn't end lol.

I love you guys c: