Chapter 6: Love doesn’t concern appearance

The Definition of Love

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

My mind is currently in a confused state right now. What am I doing hugging him, and sleeping on his shoulder? I stared at him demanding for an explanation, but it seems like he didn’t get my message. Oh well, might as well just let it go, it’s not a big deal anyway.

 

Right when the car stopped in front of my doorstep, I just thanked the chauffer and ran back into my house, and locked it. Myungsoo’s car was out there for a few minutes before it drove off. What was he planning to do anyway? Camping outside my house?

 

I was relieved when I heard the car drove off. I was afraid that he might come into my house suddenly. But oh well, everything is fine now since he is gone, or so I thought? I went to bathe and fell asleep immediately right after I fell on bed.

 

It’s been such a long day.

 

The Next Day …

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

I woke up extra earlier so that I could see Jiyeon faster. I don’t know why I’m doing this, but I just wanted to do this. It’s only been a day, but I could feel myself wanting to know Jiyeon more. I got my chauffer to send me to Jiyeon’s house at 8 am in the morning.

 

Oh gosh, why did I even wake up so early? Why 8am, not 9am or 10am or, SHUT UP MYUNGSOO. Once I reached Jiyeon’s house, I went to her door, and I was debating whether I should knock the door, or just wait outside for her until she comes out. I couldn’t make up my mind until I heard glass breaking coming from Jiyeon’s house. And I started panicking.

 

“Jiyeon! Open the door? Are you ok?”

No reply. I tried again.

“Jiyeon! Did you get hurt?”

Gosh, silence?

“Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Jiyeon!”

No answer still. Alright I’m sick of being a nice guy.

“GOD DAMN YOU PARK JIYEON. OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I WILL …”

I didn’t have the chance to finish my sentence when she opened her door.

“Or else you will what?”

“Nothing.”

I gulped and stared at her.

 

She folded her arms and started staring at me, again.

“So what are you doing at my house this early?”

“I … I …” No words could come out of my mouth. I don’t know what reasons to come out with.

“Well?” she was demanding an answer but I have no answer! God Damn it!

She sighed opened the door wider. “Just come in. I don’t know why you are here, but it ain’t polite for me to make a guest stand outside. So please come in.”

 

Aww, she is just so kind. Maybe this pretty girl standing in front of me is different? I walked into her house to find everything neatly placed, and tidied properly. Just as I was about to sit down on the sofa, I saw Jiyeon walking to the kitchen so I followed her. I see her trying to pick up all those glass shards and I shouted immediately.

 

“Oh my god Jiyeon! Don’t touch it!” But it was too late. She was already there trying to wipe those blood off her finger. Seeing that sight, I rushed over to her and took her hand.

“See? I told you not to touch!” I examined her finger while talking. I could feel that she was staring at me. Now this is awkward.

“This is your fault! This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t shout all of a sudden!” Nice, so it’s my fault? Oh fine.

“Aish! You… you!” Words ain’t coming out of my mouth for some reason. I sighed and made her stand up and pulled her to the sink and washed her wound.

“Don’t make yourself hurt anymore, my heart is going to hurt.” I mumbled.

“What did you say?”

“No… nothing.” And I felt myself blushing.

I have this feeling that I kind of like her. But I have to confirm something before deducing whether I should go for her.

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

I swear I hear Myungsoo said don’t make yourself hurt anymore, my heart is going to hurt. What did he exactly meant by that? Don’t tell me … he likes me? OH MY GOD. It ain’t possible. He still hated me yesterday, but now, he likes me? This is too much to handle right now.

 

I tried asking him about that but he just said nothing. What was I expecting? Expecting him to say, yes Jiyeon, I love you, please don’t hurt yourself anymore. Oh please Jiyeon, stop dreaming right now. Kim Myungsoo doesn’t like you and you heard wrongly.

 

I tried to pull my hand away from Myungsoo but instead of letting go, he pulled my hand and stared at me. “Don’t you ever dare to let go of your hand when I am cleaning your wounds.” I nodded and gulped.

He looked and sounded scary. Especially when he is wearing those spectacles of his.

After cleaning my wounds, he even bandaged it for me. I mean seriously, it’s just a cut! Why make a big fuss out of it?

“Myungsoo, I don’t need the bandage! It’s not that serious!”

“It is serious! You might get an infection, stupid!” wait what, did he just call me stupid?

“I ain’t stupid, you idiot!”  He stopped bandaging my finger and started moving his face closer to me, and as for me, I was trying to move away from him by leaning back, until I touched the arms of the couch. I could feel my heart thumping harder when he is close. Right now, his face is so close to mine that if I moved, I would definitely bump into his face.

 

“Did you just call me stupid?”

I shook my head. I was too scared to admit it now.

“Really?” I nodded my head like my life depended on it and he chuckled.
“But I heard you calling me idiot. Should I prove to you that I ain’t one?” I have a bad feeling about this right now. A bad bad feeling.

I shook my head but yet he doesn’t care about my opinions at all.

“But I want to prove it to you.” And he looked into my eyes like as if he was telling me Park Jiyeon, I’m going to seal your lips with mine now. Wait, so that means he is going to kiss me?

 

His face was inching closer and closer every second. Just then, his phone rang. WHAT A BAD TIMING! I mean, phew, lucky me.

 

He groaned and shouted. “ this!” and he answered the phone. “You called the wrong number! Can you check properly next time? You ruined the moment!” He was literally shouting at the caller. Why is he so mad? After ending the call, he shut his phone by taking out his phone battery. After that, he looked at me and smirked.

 

“Shall we continue from where I left off?” Oh my god no, I’m not allowing this to happen. I stood up from the couch and ran to the other side of the house, grabbing the the broom nearby. “Don’t you dare come near me! I will …. Will hit you with this!”

 

He giggled and scratched the back of his neck. “I have a question to ask you. Please answer this truthfully.” Well this was random but I still nodded.

 

“Do you …. Think that appearance is important when it comes to love? I raised one of my eyebrows in confusion.

“Wait, that’s it? I mean that’s the question you wanted to ask?” he nodded and I laughed.

“Why are you laughing? It’s not funny!”

“I’m sorry, it’s just I can’t imagine that question coming out from you.”

He shook his head and said. “So, answer please?”

“No.”
“Why?”

“If appearance is taken into consideration, it ain’t true love. It just means you matter the outer packaging more than the content of the person.”

 

He seemed satisfied with my answer since he flashed me a smile. For a second there, I felt that I was going to melt. After a few seconds, he started smirking and walked closer to me. Oh no, not that smirk.

 

“Now that I got your answer, I am going to start from where I left off just now.”

 

 

User ImageUser Image

 

I just realised that this chapter is fully Myungyeon. HAHA.

I will probably write about WooMin in the next chapter so don't be sad WooMin shippers. Hehe.

Myungyeon !   ♥ ♥