Chapter 31: Confusion

The Definition of Love

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

Even after Jiyeon had already left the house and I have already finished my food like what Jiyeon asked me to, I continued staying in the house instead of leaving. If you are asking why, the reason is because I want to find out what she meant about me leaving her for Chorong when I did nothing. And for some reason, I was really sure that there is something in this house that will be able to clear all my doubts.

 

So what I did was just strolled around the first floor of her apartment where there was nothing much actually. Nothing changed, and even the flower pots that was supposed to be there is at the exact same place where it was being placed 5 years ago.

 

And here comes the second floor. First I went into the washroom, oh well, there is nothing there worth exploring actually. Next, I went into her room and a smile crept onto my face as I was exploring the room. It wasn’t a big room actually but it managed to fit us both 5 years ago. I walked over to the closet and opened it to find all her clothes neatly hung and neatly folded. Just like that, I explored every single part of her room for another 30 minutes until I reached her dressing table.

 

That’s where I found everything that I needed.

 

At first, what I did was just touched her table and opened the small shelves that was with the table and it amused me how she had never changed over the 5 years. Even I changed. Finally, I pulled open the last shelf to find a paper folded neatly that has already turned yellow in it. Feeling curious, I took the letter out and unfold it, starting to read the contents.

 

My eyes turned wide opened when I finished scanning through the content of the letter, to see my name signing off the letter. What the hell is this? I have never written this letter before in my life!

 

The content of the letter was me telling her that I wanted to leave her since I found another new love which is Chorong and that we will be spending our lives together in another country so that Jiyeon should just move on.

 

I mean seriously? I loved Jiyeon as if she was my life, so why the hell would I write this letter to her? Now everything makes sense, everything that she said about me and Chorong was based on this letter. Feeling uncertain and confused of what is going on, I decided to go home first and start working on this. Just as I was about to leave, my leg accidentally hit a box which fell off and everything that was in the box was scattered on the floor.

 

I bent down and started picking up the stuffs so that I could keep it in the box again. But as I was picking up the stuffs, I couldn’t help but feel that those things look too familiar. Way too familiar for me.

 

The box is actually filled with stuffs that we bought together when we were still a couple 5 years ago. Even the photos that we took were there. Everything was still there. I dropped to the floor as I felt numb. This is getting too confusing. Why would Jiyeon say that she doesn’t love me anymore when she still keeps all these stuffs with her? And also, why is there a letter with my name on it when I have never written that letter.

 

Damn, somebody must be behind all this , and I will make sure that person explain and pay for everything he or she did.

 

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

“Right Mrs. Kim, I know what you meant.” Mrs. Kim was cracking a joke which made laugh and it was not a sight to see. I mean, I visit her once a week ever since WooHyun left to keep her company. And even though WooHyun had already come back to Seoul, Mrs. Kim still expects me to accompany her since WooHyun is always out and not at home.

 

I wasn’t expecting to visit today, but the poor lady called me and said she was bored at home and she needed some company. At first, I was going to reject her because I was afraid that I might need to face WooHyun, and I wasn’t comfortable with him around me anymore, after that incident with him on the plane.

 

But in the end, I got convinced into coming over and there, I’m here right now. So after 10 minutes later, we were done, and since it was quite late and somehow I had a feeling that WooHyun is coming back, I told Mrs. Kim that I would be leaving and she understood and I left.

 

But what I didn’t know was that WooHyun had already been eavesdropping outside this whole time.

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

I sighed as I roamed the streets of Seoul alone today. Since everything in the company has already been settled, and Myungsoo was busy with whatever stuffs he was dealing with, I had nothing to do, so I figured that I would take a walk to familiarize myself. I sighed as I walked through the neighborhood. It seems like every place I went, would just remind me of Hyomin.

 

Nobody else but Hyomin.

 

After an hour of walking around Seoul, which was very boring to me, since I was doing it alone, I decided to return home. Just as I took off my shoes, preparing to enter the house, I heard Mrs. Kim laughing. This is creepy, why is she even laughing alone to herself?

 

Just as I was about to go in and ask what’s going on, I heard another voice. A voice too familiar and a voice that I yearned listening to for the past 5 years.

 

Hyomin is here.

 

I stood outside the door and listened to everything that they said, and a smile crept onto my face. It seems like Hyomin is doing well and she’s happy with her life. Just then, I heard Hyomin saying that she was going to leave, and immediately, I ran away from the door, and hide myself and waited until she left. I have no idea why I am hiding from her right now, but all I know is I don’t want her to see me in this state.

 

After she left, I walked into the house and I looked over to Mrs. Kim. “What… was she doing here?” She frowned and continued taking out the plates from the cupboard. “What do you mean by her? Who’s the she?”

 

“Hyomin… Park Hyomin.” Upon hearing the name, Mrs. Kim froze and stopped whatever she was doing. “WooHyun… You saw her?” I nodded and she sighed. She started telling me about how Hyomin has been visiting her for the past five year and how she kept her company. And also…

 

“She was here when you left for the airport five years ago. She ran to the airport to search for you but you were gone, WooHyun. You were gone and she was here, left alone. She loved you, and she still does.”