Chapter 33: Understand

The Definition of Love

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

I swear my heart skipped a bit the moment I heard his proposal. You have no idea how much I wanted to scream, run towards him, pull him into hug, eventually kissing him and saying yes, I will marry you.

 

But yet, I have scores with him that needs to be settled first.

 

“Why Hyomin? Is it because you accepted Lee Joon’s proposal so that’s why you are rejecting me now?” I never expected that to come out. I didn’t even know he was there when Lee Joon asked for my help. I shook my head and folded my arm.

 

“No… I bet you saw what happened just now, but no. Lee Joon needed a practice partner so he could propose to his girlfriend tomorrow, that’s all.” Upon hearing this, WooHyun sighed a sigh of relief and gave me a small smile. “So why did you reject me, is it because I’m not good?”

 

“It’s not that. It’s because of what happened 5 years ago. You abandoned me here in Korea and left for some other place. And 5 years later, you came back, suddenly proposing to me. Don’t you find this ridiculous?” I raised an eyebrow and folded my arms after finishing my reason.

 

“But I left you because I saw you hugging JaeJoong Hyung! I thought you really loved him and I was heartbroken and I just left that day. I couldn’t take that heartbreak…” I face palmed when I heard his response. “Gosh Nam Woo Hyun! You are really ridiculous you know that? I hugged JaeJoong that day because I told him that I couldn’t do this anymore. I can’t take it that you are completely ignoring me just because I had to take care of his injuries. And I even told him the person I loved was you and not him.”

 

I paused to see his reaction. Well, obviously he is really shocked right now.

 

I continued my so-called speech. “After telling him that, he told me he understood how I felt and wished that I would be happy with you. I hugged him which just meant as a form of thank you. And after that, I did try to look for you, but yet, Mrs. Kim said you were gone… Without a word! Do you know how heartbroken and ditched I felt?” Without realizing it myself, I wiped away the single tear that flowed down my face.

 

“Hyomin…” He tried to come closer to me but I took a step back every time he advanced one step. But instead of stopping, he only continued coming closer to me until I started running to my room, trying to shut the door close so he couldn’t do anything to me. But well, somehow he managed to prevent me from closing the door and here he is, in my room.

 

The reason why I went to my room is because, I thought I would be able to close the door in time and thus, I won’t need to see his face while he’s talking. But eventually, it failed.

 

He walked closer to me and at a faster speed, carrying me up in one swoop, in a bridal style position. “Let me down Nam WooHyun!”

 

He looked at me and puckered his lips. “Continue talking and I will your lips.” Upon hearing that, I covered my mouth with my hands immediately. “Great then, now that you’re quiet, I’m going to start my story now.”

 

He walked over to my bed and placed me in a sitting position on the bed gently and sat on the floor himself, holding onto my hands. “Look, the reason I left is because I thought you loved JaeJoong, and that broke my heart. I couldn’t bear to see you, the woman I love, in the arms of someone else, so I left. During those 5 years, I had a bad time too. I had people checking up on you still, and all I know was that you got much more popular and tons of guys was chasing after you. You have no idea how much I wanted to run back to your side and claim that you were mine.”

 

He paused for a while before continuing.

 

“And eventually, I thought it would be fine if you weren’t by my side, but I was wrong. The moment I saw you on the plane, all those feelings, all those memories came back. When I see Lee Joon touching you, I got all paranoid again. And that’s the reason why I pulled you to the staff lounge. I meant it Hyomin. Be it 5 years ago, or the time that in the plane. I love you, and I always have. You are my Nam Hyomin, and only mine. Please believe me…”

 

I cupped his face and sighed. “WooHyun, I trust you, I do. But it’s just my ego that wouldn’t let anything that happened 5 years ago slip by. Maybe you should give up, maybe…”
Before I could finish my sentence, WooHyun already pinned me down on the bed and started kissing me. I tried rejecting his kiss but it failed, and eventually, I responded to his kiss and it lasted for a few minutes until he pulled away. “Don’t ask me to give up; don’t say that we are not meant to be. I know we ARE MEANT to be. If you don’t love e, you wouldn’t have responded to the kiss.” I kept silent knowing that whatever he just said was true.

 

He leaned forward and gave me a peck on my forehead. “Go sleep now, it’s late already. I will do anything to regain your trust.” He gave me a smile and got out of bed, heading for the door. I sighed as I hear a click sound.

 

Why must my love life with him be so complicated?

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

I ended my work finally at 6pm sharp. It was such a long and tiring day that I declined JB’s offer to dine outside and just headed home instead. The moment I opened the door to my apartment, I see a figure in the kitchen walking around. I took off my shoes and walked into my apartment taking a closer look.

 

“Kim Myungsoo? Why haven’t you go home yet? Did it take you 10 hours to finish that breakfast of yours?” I cocked one eyebrow in amusement not able to believe that he stayed in my house the whole day. He chuckled and scratches the nape of his neck. “Well, I stayed because I have something to clarify with you.”

 

I scoffed and shook my head. “Ask and get out immediately.”

 

He frowned and made me sit down on the couch while he took a seat opposite me. “Tell me… What exactly happened 5 years ago?”

 

 I frowned as memories starting rushing back into my brain.

 

Especially the parts where I got beaten up and stayed in the hospital for 3 days straight, in a sleeping state, which people call it coma.

 

729329pwivylpc9n.gif729329pwivylpc9n.gif

Infinite is having a comeback !