Chapter 4: Talk

The Definition of Love

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

“Now tell me, how did you get to know my brother?” Myungsoo sat down in front of me and literally just stared at me.

 

Hello, I don’t know your brother. I only know JaeJoong. But not explaining things to him would make matters worse? I mean, look at him! He is staring at me there, waiting for me to explain. And I could see it in his eyes. If I don’t explain to him right now, I am going to die. Oh no, I’m too young to die! I don’t even have a boyfriend yet!

 

Well, I guess I will just be a nice girl and explain everything to him.

 

“Okay. Here goes. So, Hyomin and I sort of work part time at this place called Cha Seung Coffee House. Well, so the both of us work as waitresses there, and JaeJoong works as the barrister. So yea, we are colleagues, and this is why we know each other.”

 

End of my explanation. Nice, short, sweet and simple isn’t it? But Myungsoo doesn’t seem quite convinced.

 

“Why would my brother work there when he is the owner of that coffee house? I mean, he is the acting CEO right now.”

 

Nice, you got me thinking bro. AND WHAT THE HELL? HE OWNS THAT FREAKING PRETTY AND NICE AND SWEET AND calm down Jiyeon … coffee house?

 

“How would I know? I’m not your brother! And what do you mean by owner?”

“It just means that the coffee house is his! To be exact, it’s ours. Or maybe, you could say that it’s our dad’s property. He opened the coffee house and there are hundreds of them worldwide.”

 

Why do I sense that he is currently boasting to me right now? Come to think of it, it kinds of makes sense. Whenever we work, the manager would greet him politely and even if he makes mistakes, he will never scold him. Unlike us though. Hyomin and I got scolded by the manager for so many times that I lost count. So that means, JaeJoong and Myungsoo is my boss?

Asdfghjkl. How bad can my life get?

 

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

Heck, so JaeJoong goes and work instead of studying. To think I still called him a lazy bum every single time. Don’t tell me it’s because of that Hyomin lady right there. But even if she is the reason, I ain’t shocked.

 

JaeJoong is a womanizer anyway.

Womanizer, woman-womanizer, JaeJoong’s a womanizer.

Great, I am singing right now, out of the blue.

 

“So which branch are you working at right now?”

“The one nearest to our school.”

 

Alright, that’s it. I am going to apply for work tomorrow.

 

“Myungsoo-ssi, can we start studying right now? It’s kind of late now.”

I nodded and started teaching her. And for some reason, I enjoyed the session with her though. After a while, I realize Jiyeon staring at me.

 

“What’s wrong? Something on my face?”

She ignored my question and moved closer to me. She inched her face closer to mine, and my heart thumped faster. Is she going to kiss me? Oh my god, this is going too fast, isn’t it? But instead of kissing me, which is to my disappointment, she removed my glasses and sat back down.

 

“Aww, I didn’t know you look so cute behind those glasses. Just don’t wear them anymore alright?”

“Please return them to me, Jiyeon-ssi.”

She shook her head and stuck out her tongue. I sighed and walked over to her thinking that I could snatch my glasses back. And well, she tried to hide my glasses away from my reach and started running around the room. But, much to my embarrassment, I slipped and fell on top of her, with our faces just inches away from each other.

 

Clearly, the both of us were blushing right now. My mind tells to get up but my body is doing otherwise. I slowly inched my face towards her, preparing to give her a kiss. BUT! The er JaeJoong appeared at the wrong time.

 

Just as I was about to succeed, JaeJoong came in my room, without knocking. There goes the mood and the chance. Upon seeing JaeJoong, Jiyeon pushed me away gently and walked back to where she initially sat.

 

“Right. I’m sorry bro. Bad timing I guess? Have fun with your little girlfriend here. We will talk later!” and JaeJoong closed the door.


So now he made it look like nothing exactly happened and just closed the door.

Heck, I am going to be a er next time when JaeJoong brings a girl back home.

 

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

Throughout the time when we were mopping the floor, WooHyun was basically just complaining and complaining. It was normal since he hasn’t done this kind of chores in his life before, according to Mrs. Kim. Well, in this case, why did he volunteer to the mop the floor anyway?

 

Right after mopping the floor, WooHyun started complaining of backache and got chased back to his room by Mrs. Kim. Well, you guys should have seen that, it was such a funny sight.

 

After the mopping session, I went to help Mrs. Kim out in the kitchen. Well I was there cleaning those plates, Mrs. Kim started talking to me about WooHyun. It’s not like I am interested. But oh well, there ain’t going to be any harm just listening to it right? And there might be a possibility for me to use his past against WooHyun in the past. I smirked just by the evil thought of it.

 

“So, do you know that you are the first girl that WooHyun brought home ever since he was born?”

 

Ok, I so did not expect that.

 

“I know you think that I am lying, but it’s true. I know how WooHyun acts in school. He is even called the “heart-maker” in school right?”

 

HOW DID THIS PERSON KNOW SO MUCH?

 

“And right now, you are possibly thinking why I know about this right?”

 

Is she working as a mind reader?

 

“No, I don’t read minds, but well, I just guessed it.”

 

Don’t lie lady, I am pretty sure you are working as a mind reader for a part time job.

 

“So back to the point, WooHyun is actually … a decent kid and I am not lying. I know he looks like a playboy outside, but actually, he is quite soft inside. He lost his parents when he was 4. And when he was attending in the nursery, he always gets laughed at for being an orphan. And because of that, he always yearns for love from others. So the way he acts in school is actually just a way for him to express his loneliness.”

 

Now the atmosphere was a bit down, for me. I didn’t know WooHyun had such a sad past. Maybe I was too mean and too quick to judge him in the past?

 

“So please, don’t hurt WooHyun alright? Just by bringing you to his house means that he actually trust you.”

“But … he actually brought me back because he wanted to make me his slave for one whole week.”

There was a pause.

 

“That might be what you think, and there might also be what WooHyun thinks too. Maybe he is being playful and makes you his slave. But trust me, that is just all an excuse…”

I nodded and Mrs. Kim passed me some dessert.

“Bring this to WooHyun please, and share it with him alright?”

 

I smiled and took over the plates and brought it up to WooHyun’s room. When I reached his room, I heard soft sobs. He can’t possibly be crying isn’t he?

I knocked on the door and all the sobbing sounds stopped. After a few seconds, WooHyun came and opened the door. The moment I saw him, I felt my heart sinking. His eyes were red and puffy which proves that he just cried.

 

“WooHyun…”

 

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

So in the end, I got chased away by Mrs. Kim and Hyomin was there laughing at my plight. So much for feeling sorry for her and helping her with the chores. I am so not going to help her anymore.

 

By the way, my back ached so much that I felt like I was already 50 years old. The moment I reached my room, I ran and hugged my bed. Oh gosh, I miss you so much, my bed. I lied down and rested. Few seconds later, my phone beeped. I took my phone and saw that it was actually an alert.

 

5th October. Important date. This was what my screen showed.

How can I forget this day? It’s the day… when I lost my parents. My only loved ones.  I placed my phone and started thinking back. Even though they were gone when I was only 4, I still had vague memories of them.

 

Without realizing, my tears began flowing. And after a while, I started crying. I might be called a weakling if someone caught me crying here, but who cares right now? I can’t control my tears. I began sobbing like some kid who lost their toys. If only things were that simple.

 

Just as I was crying, I hear a soft knock on the door. I stopped sobbing and wiped my tears away and went to open the door.

 

And I was greeted by Hyomin with a tray of food there. But what’s different about her was that she wore a really sad expression. Did she happen to hear my cries? But my thoughts were disrupted when Hyomin started calling for my name.

 

“WooHyun…”

Because of her voice, I could feel my tears hanging there, waiting for the right time to drop.

 

User ImageUser Image

Okay, i didn't expect this chapter to be this depressing.

I guess it's the song that i was listening to, affected my writing.

OTL.
 

      

 

Even Myungyeon got so depressed that they are crying TT__TT

 

     

 

GAHHH, NOW I WANT TO CRY TOO.
SO MUCH FOR ALL THOSE CRYING GIFS.

I'm making myself depressed too.

OTL