Chapter 30: Remember

The Definition of Love

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

I ended work around 9pm and reached home around 10pm, which was considered quite late for me since I usually end around 6pm. I took the bus home today and since it was such a busy day, I started becoming grumpy for no reason. Sorry, girls have unexplained mood swings. Don’t blame me, blame mood swings.

 

I sighed as I quickened my footsteps once I alighted from the bus. I can’t wait to go home, open that god damn door, go in to have a nice bath and sleep on my comfy bed. Just the thought of being able to sleep makes me smile already.

 

The moment I opened the door of my apartment, I felt something strange. It’s like there is another person’s presence but yet, I couldn’t spot anyone else in the room. No shoes, no socks, no sound, there was practically nothing.

 

I shook my head and threw away the thoughts, telling myself that I’m too sensitive because of the late hours and also because I don’t have enough sleep. I locked the door, took off my shoes, and headed up to my room, so that I could get my clothes and changed into them after bathing.

 

But when I opened the door to my lovey bedroom, I was greeted by a body lying on my bed and I freaked out on the spot. How the hell did some stranger get into my house without knowing my password?

 

I inched closer and realized that the person was in a deep sleep right now. Good, I shall call the police and get them to arrest this idiot whose sleeping on my bed right now. Just as I took out the phone and was about to dial the number for the police, I heard a voice calling my name.

 

“Jiyeon…Why did you leave me?” It was a whisper but yet I heard every single word clearly. And I knew who the voice belongs to.

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

Realizing that the person on my bed is Myungsoo, my whole body turned numb and I literally dropped to the floor. Why the hell is he in my room? I inched closer to him and observed his facial features and didn’t realize that a smile has already crept onto my face while I was staring at his face.

 

I used my finger to push away the hair that was covering his face which made him shift his body and because of that, I froze in my position, without the courage to move. But after making sure that he was still asleep, I sighed in relief and covered him with my blanket, making sure that he won’t catch a cold. He looks too peaceful in his sleep that I didn’t dare to wake him up and chase him out.

 

Plus, if he woke up, it would just mean that I won’t be able to be so close with him anymore.

 

After that, I just went to bathe and fell asleep on the couch. I didn’t had the courage to sleep with him on the same bed and besides, my ego wouldn’t allow that. I’m not going to sleep with the guy who abandoned me for the girl that I hated from the first time I caught sight of her.

 

Park Chorong.

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

I gulped as I took every step to get closer to her. I guess I was still a little bit drunk since I stumbled and resulted in me falling down the stairs. Chill people, it’s only three flight of stairs and I’m still alive right here this instance.

 

I guess I was too loud since after I got up from the stumbling, I lifted my head to see Jiyeon standing in front of me already. She cocked up one of her eyebrows and folded her arms. “Are you ok?” I nodded and got up. The moment I got up, she went up the stairs into the bedroom, making me felt as if I was invisible.

 

After 30 minutes or so, Jiyeon came down the stairs in her casual clothing making me stare at her. She is still the goddess that I know from 5 years ago, looking good in whatever she wears. My eyes followed her for the next 30 minutes where she was cooking up some breakfast, for the both of us I guess.

 

After she finished cooking, I got to the dining table and sat opposite her to see her gulping down her food as usual and well, the atmosphere was totally awkward since none of us was even talking. Well, this girl never changes doesn’t she? No wait; she had a change of heart wasn’t it?

 

“So… how did I end up at your house?” I initiated the conversation to destroy the awkward atmosphere. Plus, I want to know what she and JB meant yesterday about me cheating on her.

 

She shrugged and looked at me in confusion. “How would I know? The first thing I saw when I was in my room was your body lying on my bed!” I stopped eating and cocked up my eyebrow in amusement. “So in this case, why didn’t you wake me up?” She continued eating her food while answering me. “I remember that you don’t like people waking you up in the midst of your sleep right?”

 

My eyes widened as she replied me with confidence. She remembers. Realizing what she said was a little wrong, since she said she hated me and all yesterday, she quickly changed her answer. “What I meant was, nobody likes to be woken up while they are sleeping right?” I nodded while a smile crept onto my face.

 

“Of course Jiyeon, you’re right.” I smirked as I saw her awkward smile that was plastered on her face. “So… there is something else I want to ask.”

 

“What is it?” She stopped eating and looked at me with those big round eyes of hers, and damn, it was so cute.

 

“I…” Before I could ask about yesterday, her phone started ringing.

 

“Yes JB?” Oh, so it’s that infamous Im Jaebum that’s calling her huh? I rolled my eyes at the thought of his name.

 

“Damn, I’m sorry! Yeah, I will rush over right now!” And she ended her call with JB. Well, that was short wasn’t it? And for some reason, I was really happy that their call was short.

 

“Sorry Myungsoo, I have to go now since JB needs me in the company. So…” She stopped when she saw my bowl still full. “Finish your food before you go alright?” She flashed me a smile before grabbing her bag and jacket and rushed out of the house.

 

And there I was, holding my chest, trying to calm my beating heart that’s overly excited right now.

 

Just because of that one smile.

 

729329pwivylpc9n.gif729329pwivylpc9n.gif

Lack of Woomin D;

Okay, i shall update Woomin next.