Chapter 7: Promises

The Definition of Love

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

I didn’t realize that it was morning until I felt the sun shining on me. Urgh, I am so going to buy a curtain later to hang it so it won’t disturb my sleep again. I was going to continue sleeping until I felt that Hyomin was missing. My eyes were closed while I reached out to my side, thinking that Hyomin was there and that I could hug her. But to my surprise, she wasn’t there at all.

 

I opened my eyes and scanned through my whole room to realize that I was the only one in it. Where exactly is Hyomin? Did she just disappear into thin air, or did she run away from me like how all those female leads in the drama would do? I started panicking and got up from my bed and started searching the whole house like a mad man.

 

Damn, if only my house wasn’t that big, I would have found her in no time. I tried searching her room, but no one was there. However, her luggage was still there so I assumed that she is still in the house, somewhere. I even search the bathroom and all the other possible places that she might be at, but I still couldn’t find her. I was going to give up until I heard some giggling coming from the kitchen.

 

I ran down to the kitchen immediately and saw that Hyomin was chatting happily with Mrs. Kim right there. Without realizing, a smile formed on my face. After a few seconds, I started to cough in a manner which would make them realize my existence and it worked. Both Mrs. Kim and Hyomin turned around and greeted me.

 

Mrs. Kim gave me a smile and said. “Oh, you are awake earlier than usual, and it’s a miracle though.” And Hyomin started giggling. Right Park Hyomin, it’s your entire fault that I woke up earlier than expected. I ran through the whole house to find you and yet you are here laughing at my plight.

 

I smiled at Mrs. Kim and replied. “Of course, it’s a special day today, isn’t it?” and I gave her smile. She smiled back and turned around and continued doing what she was doing just now. “Go get ready, it’s almost time.”

 

“Alright, and before I go, Park Hyomin, my room, right now, this instance.” And I turned around and walked back to my room. I’m making you pay for this.

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

What does he want exactly? I’m here all busy and yet he still asks me to go up to his room. I ignored his request and continued doing what I was doing a while ago until Mrs. Kim told me to go and entertain WooHyun. Urgh, it better be something important or I will kick his for sure.

 

I literally walked up to his room stomping hard on the ground and ended up outside his room after a few minutes. I started knocking the door and asked for permission to go in but there was no answer. I continued banging the door harder and I couldn’t take it anymore. I opened the door and started ranting.

 

“Nam Woo Hyun! What exactly do you want? I came up as you requested and yet you OH MY GOD, WHY ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?” and I covered my eyes with my hands. WooHyun’s upper body is currently right now and I didn’t notice it until I found him in the room with my eyes.

 

I could feel WooHyun walking closer to me and trying to remove the hands that was covering my eyes right now but I didn’t budge and he gave up. “Aww, is our Hyomin shy right now? Why are you covering your eyes?”

“Duh, it’s because I don’t want to see your body!”

“Why not? It’s perfect, and you are the first person to have a glance at it so be honored!”

“No thank you. Wear your shirt please!”

“Help me wear it!”

“No. Do it yourself kid.”

“Fine, then I will continue walking around the house with my upper body the whole day.”

 

I shook my head in defeat. What’s wrong with this kid now? Can’t he wear his own clothes?

“Pass me your clothes. I will help you wear it.” and i could see that he was smirking.

“There, it’s the suit that’s hanging right there.” And he pointed to the cupboard of his. Right, it’s his parent’s death anniversary today …

I dropped the hand that was covering my eyes and walked over to the cupboard and got the suit.

 

“Stand up please.” And he did. I helped him put on his shirt and expected him to button the clothes himself. But yet all he did was stand there with his arms wide open, staring at me.

“You are supposed to help me button my clothes too slave!”

I rolled my eyes and started buttoning his clothes. Geez, what’s so hard about buttoning your own clothes? Just then, I felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist. I looked up and realized that it was WooHyun. Well, I didn’t expect that.

 

I stopped buttoning his clothes and stared at him. “What the hell are you doing? First you make me sleep with you, next you made me come up to your room when I’m busy and you even …” before I could finish my sentence, WooHyun pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ears.

 

“Why did you leave the room? I remember telling you that you weren’t allowed to leave the room until I wake up isn’t it?”

Ok, I didn’t expect him to remember this, at all.

“Well, Mrs. Kim was busy and …” once again, he didn’t allow me to finish my sentence.

“It was a promise wasn’t it? Why did you leave? I hate the feeling of being left alone, don’t you know that?”

To be honest, I didn’t know that until WooHyun told me. I guess it’s because of his parent’s sudden departure so that’s why he doesn’t like to be alone right now.

“Look, I’m sorry WooHyun, I didn’t mean to. And it’s my fault for breaking the promise and leaving you alone.”

Silence was observed for a while until WooHyun released me from his hug. He looked at me into the eye and gave me a weak smile.

 

“Sorry for being worked up, but it’s just not my day and …” now it’s my turn for not letting him finish his sentence.

“No, it’s ok. Oh, and it’s almost time, and I really have to help Mrs. Kim alright?” I patted his shoulder and smiled.

“The WooHyun I know isn’t so fussy. Get ready and come down fast alright!” and I went towards the door, prepared to go out until WooHyun stopped me with his words.

“Don’t … Don’t break your promises to me and leave me alone again, please?
 

I smiled and gave him a nod and went down to the kitchen to continue helping Mrs. Kim. Wow, why is my heart thumping so hard right now? And what did he meant by that? I mean I’m just his slave for one week, and after that I will leave and act like as if he is just another person in my life. So what did he meant by that? Urgh, I swear my head is going to explode just by thinking of this.

 

When I reached the kitchen, Mrs. Kim instructed me to go change into some better clothes so that I could accompany WooHyun to visit his parent’s graves. I mean what? Why am I supposed to do that? Mrs. Kim said that she is afraid that WooHyun might be too emotional and that he would need someone to be by his side, and I’m the best candidate.

 

And why am I best candidate? Because WooHyun likes me, that’s what Mrs. Kim said. Sometimes, she is really ridiculous and lives in her own fantasy world. How can that heart-maker like someone like me when there are better people out there? But nonetheless, I just listened to Mrs. Kim and went to change.

 

After a while, I came out from my room to see WooHyun in his suit and standing by the door as if he was waiting for something to happen or somebody.

The moment he saw me walking towards him, he gave me a weak smile and said. “You are coming with me ain’t you? Let’s go.” And he walked out of the house and went into the car. Apparently, I did the same thing and just got onto the car.

 

Throughout the trip in the car, it was really awkward. I didn’t bother talking, and neither did WooHyun. All he did was just stared out of the window. I sighed as I looked at him and my eyes trailed to the collar of his shirt. Damn, this guy really doesn’t know how to wear his clothes properly isn’t it? First he doesn’t button his clothes himself and next his collar is like super messy and wasn’t adjusted properly.

 

I sighed and started adjusting his collar for him. Despite me doing so, he didn’t even turn around to look at me or even said a thank you for helping him. Pfft, impolite guy.

 

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

I swear my heart was thumping real hard when she adjusted my collar for me. I didn’t even turn around to say thank you to her since I was blushing and I didn’t want her to see me in this plight. I recalled what happened in the morning and I mentally facepalmed myself. Why did I even ask her to do all those stuffs and even said all those things to her? I am so not in my right state of mind now.

 

A while later, we reached the cemetery I requested to be alone but Hyomin insisted that she followed and I allowed her to do so. I have no idea why I allowed her but oh well, it ain’t important now.

 

 I walked over to my parent’s graves with heavy footsteps. I cleared away those flowers and started arranging everything as according. After all the preparations were done, I kneeled down in front of them and started talking.

 

“Hey mum, hey dad, how are you guys doing right now? I hope you guys are adjusting to wherever you are right now and leading a happy life. I don’t blame you guys for leaving me alone. It wasn’t what you wanted anyway, isn’t it? I miss you a lot. Oh, and I didn’t fail your expectations at all. I am leading a carefree life right now, and I’m enjoying life right now like what you always wanted when I was young. And dad, your company is going well right now. Myungsoo’s company and ours merged, so you don’t need to worry it about it alright? But there is one thing that I failed though. I still haven’t got myself a girlfriend. But there is someone that promised not to leave me alone no matter what, so don’t worry alright?”

 

I looked over to Hyomin and signaled her to come over and she did.

I stood up and held her hand.

 

“See, this is girl. She is pretty isn’t it? So don’t worry too much. I will live my life fully with her along. She promised to take good care of me for the rest of my life, isn’t it, Hyomin?”

I looked over to her and she gave me a confused look. I squeezed her hand and she nodded. “Yes, I will take care of him, so WooHyun’s mum and dad, don’t worry too much alright?”

I smiled when I heard her saying that.

 

After staying for another hour, we left and went back to the house. By the time we reached home, it was already quite late and I didn’t allow Hyomin to do her chores since I figured that she would be really tired.

 

Just as she was about to go back to her room, I shouted to her. “Park Hyomin! You promised to take care of me for the REST OF MY LIFE! Remember that!” and I walked back into my room smiling.

 

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

I stood frozen and rooted to the ground when WooHyun shouted.

I knew something was wrong when WooHyun made me promise him stuffs when we were visiting his parent. So what now? I’m stuck with him for the rest of my life? 

 

 

User ImageUser Image

Thankyou all for your comments ! But i'm really busy so i can't reply all your comments ! But i read all of them and i really want to thank you guys for the support ! x) Love you guys loads! 

Oh, and did you watch 1000th Man ep8? WooMin almost kissed ! Hehehe.

 

    

 

@KisungYouBaby26: i didn't ship Myungyeon at first but i ship them alot now! So please read the Myungyeon moments too? I will make you ship them in future ! Hehe XD

Oh and i'm trying to write shots now. So please support? XD

A 5 year old mentality