Chapter 34: Truth

The Definition of Love

 

Myungsoo’s P.O.V

 

“You’re asking me what happened 5 years ago? Oh, you sent me a letter saying that you’re leaving with Chorong, don’t you remember this?” She rolled her eyes and lay down on the couch in a sitting position, indicating that she isn’t please with this conversation at all.

 

I frowned and moved closer to her. “Yes, I saw that letter in your room, but I swear I have never written that letter to you before.  I left because I received a letter from you saying that you have never loved me and is only playing with my feelings. I was so fed up that I just left without a word.”

 

She cocked her eyebrow in amusement and rolled her eyes. “I have had enough of your lies. Kim Myungsoo, stop acting like you are the one who got hurt when I was the one being hurt both mentally and physically!”

 

“What do you mean by physically? I understand the mentally part, but what is it with the physically part?” Just when I thought I solved half of the mystery, another problem surfaced. Instead of replying, Jiyeon just stood there and acted like she heard nothing. I took out the letter from my jacket and passed it to her.

 

“Look, here’s the letter I got from you 5 years ago. I didn’t forge or anything alright? You can see from the paper yourself! It turned yellow just like yours!” She eyed me suspiciously and took the letter and started reading it. After a minute or so, Jiyeon looked up and our eyes met.

 

“But… I have never written this letter…” I half smiled and took out another letter. “And neither have I written this letter before. From what I guess, somebody must be behind all these to separate the two of us.”

 

“What about you asking people to beat me up after I sent L.Joe off the plane? I….” Before she could finish her sentence, I started shouting and my eyes were wide open. “Who beat you up? Are you ok? How were the injuries? Is it alright now? Do you need to see a doctor or…”

 

“I’m fine already Myungsoo, it has been 5 years.”

 

5 years, how I wish a time machine exist.

 

Jiyeon’s P.O.V

 

After seeing his reaction to what I said, I could confirm that the person, who beat me up into a pulp 5 years ago, wasn’t Myungsoo. Unless he is an actor, which obviously he isn’t one.

 

“Let me check your injuries.” He stood up and walked towards me trying to lift my shirt up.  I held onto my shirt immediately not allowing him to do so. “What do you think you are trying to do right now? How can you just lift my shirt up right now?” He looked at me into the eyes and shifted closer to me. “Because you are my girlfriend.”

 

I gulped as he moved back and a smirk appeared on his face. Be it 5 years ago or right now, Kim Myungsoo is still Kim Myungsoo.

 

“Last time I checked, I am single with tons of suitors. I’m not attached!”

 

“I don’t care about what happened 5 years ago already. Now that everything is fine and everything is clarified, I want to make up to you for whatever happened 5 years ago, and whatever we could have done in the 5 years.” I shook my head and stood up from the couch.

 


“No, I don’t want to go back to you. What if I get beaten up which made me end up in a coma for three days straight and having my bones break? And up till now, I can still feel the pain. It’s going to take a long time in order for it to heal, you know that? So I don’t want anymore …”

 

Myungsoo took my hands while I was talking and fretting over what happened 5 years ago, and his touch made me froze.

 

“Myungsoo…”

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you 5 years ago. I was stupid enough to trust that letter and since I wasn’t able to contact you for a few days, I thought you really meant it. What I didn’t know was that you met up with such a mishap and you had to your reasons. I’m really sorry Jiyeon… You don’t know how much my heart hurt when I got that letter…”

 

I couldn’t help but smile at whatever Myungsoo just said. I understood that he loved me a lot judging by what he just said. I cupped his face and smiled. “Silly, it’s not your fault. It’s another person’s fault. Don’t blame yourself over what happened alright?”

 

He snuggled his face into my palms and held my hand. “Can you tell me what happened exactly? I nodded and shrugged. “It’s not a big deal actually. Just that after sending L.Joe off, I walked towards the exit so that I could haul a cab and meet up with you. But during the process, I went into the washroom and somehow, I fainted there after someone covered my mouth with a cloth.

And when I woke up, I found myself blindfolded and there was a female voice telling me to leave you alone, and that you love her and not me. Of course I couldn’t believe it so I told her off, telling her not to lie. And after that, I felt pain, and it’s because I was being beaten up by a few people.”

 

I paused to see Myungsoo frowning but I continued anyway.

 

“And because of the pain, I fainted again, and somehow, I ended up in the hospital, and it’s because Hyomin couldn’t find me so she started asking JaeJoong to help her track me down using my phone signal, and they did. But when they reached, I was already beaten up until my whole body was covered in blood.

From what the doctor said, I have been in a coma for 3 days, and it’s considered a miracle that I survived since my rib bones was broken, and a few of the bones in my spine was broken, which could have resulted in me being paralyzed forever but luckily that didn’t happen.

After waking up, I found a letter beside me which is the letter that you saw. I even tried running out of the hospital to find you but JaeJoong told me that you were gone with both Chorong and WooHyun so I assumed that the content in the letter is the right one.

I thought you loved Chorong so that’s why you left me.

And well, after that, I began working in JB’s company and 5 years just passed like that, that’s all.”

 

After finishing describing whatever happened to me 5 years ago, Myungsoo pulled me into a hug and buried his head into my neck. I patted his head and assured him that it was alright and that I’m fine. A few minutes later, I felt my neck getting wet.

 

Myungsoo is crying.

 

“Myungsoo…” I called out to him but my words were stuck at my throat.

 

“I’m sorry baby; I didn’t know that you encountered something that bad. I would rather it happen to me instead of you.” I patted his back and hugged him tightly. “It’s alright already. It’s over already, don’t blame it on you alright?”

 

He lifted his head and looked at me into my eyes and I can’t help but giggle.

 

“What’s so funny?” I shook my head and wiped away the remains of the tears that is left on his face. “You’re a crybaby, you know that? Crying over something so small.” He grabbed my hand and I could feel his grip tightening around my wrist.

 

“I will find out whoever did this to you, I will.”

 

I smiled and nodded. “I believe you will.” He smiled and sat closer to me. “So we’re ok now?” I cocked one eyebrow up and smirked. “What do you mean by ok?”

 

He pouted and whined. “We are back together isn’t it JiJi? Back to our Myungyeon days!” Seeing his serious look, I decided to a little. I looked at my nails and pretended that I didn’t care. “Well… I have to think through though. I have lots of suitors that are better than you and since JB is one of them, I …”

 

“Yah! Don’t leave me baby! I can’t live without you!” He frowned and hugged me tight which almost made me suffocate. I pinched his cheek a little and smiled. “I was just joking. I only love you, or else I would have chosen someone else a long time ago.”

 

He started grinning the moment he heard what I said. “I knew I was handsome and you couldn’t resist me!” I facepalmed myself and shook my head. The old and confident Myungsoo is back.

 

Just then, he leaned in closer to me and whispered into my ear. “Are your injuries well enough to endure our love session? I want to start making babies alright!”

 

My eyes turned wide open and I began hitting him on the shoulder.

 

The ert Myungsoo is back. My Myungsoo is back.

 

729329pwivylpc9n.gif729329pwivylpc9n.gif