Chapter 32: Rejection

The Definition of Love

 

Hyomin’s P.O.V

 

After leaving WooHyun’s house, I proceeded back home since it was kind of late and I have nothing to do. Just when I reached my house, I saw Lee Joon standing at my doorstep, hesitating to knock on my door. I raised my eyebrow in confusion as I walked over to him and patted on his shoulder, making him jump.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” I gave him a smile when he turned around. “Hyo…Hyomin! I…I…need…” He started stuttering which made me irritated. “Just tell me already Lee Joon!” He nodded and looked down.

 

“I want to propose to my girlfriend but I need some practice, can you help me?” He mumbled so quickly that I almost couldn’t catch it, but oh well, I did catch what he said anyway.  laughed and nodded. “Alright, as your friend, I will do it.”

 

Upon hearing that, his eyes sparkled which was a little creepy and smiled. “Thanks! I knew you were the best!” He took my hand and began running. “Let’s go the park!”

 

The moment we reached the park, Lee Joon started scratching his nape awkwardly and smiled. “So… I have something to ask you my beautiful girlfriend…” He knelt down and pulled out a ring box, opening the box, revealing the pretty ring it in. “Will you marry me and be mine?” I smiled and nodded. He stood up and gave me a bone crushing hug.

 

“So how was it? Is it going to work?” I nodded and smiled. “It was simple yet I could feel the sincerity! Just buy a bouquet of flowers and I’m sure it will work!” He nodded and gave me one last hug. “Thank you Hyomin.”

 

After that, I just went back home and started washing up, preparing to sleep when I felt a knock on the door. I opened the door, to see a dressed up WooHyun.

 

What’s going to happen now?

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

 

“What do you mean?” I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I mean how is it possible that she still loves me and even came to find me right after I left? I thought she loved JaeJoong?

 

“It’s true WooHyun; I will never lie to you. You don’t know how much she cried when she heard you left without a word. It took her 1 whole year to digest the fact that you are gone, and that maybe you’re gone forever. I know you still love her. I see you staying in the room she stayed in before instead of sleeping in your own. And I even saw you holding up her photos, saying I love you. I don’t know why you left 5 years ago, but I’m sure it must be some misunderstanding. Go for her now WooHyun, before she gets taken away. You have no idea how many suitors she gained these years.”

 

I didn’t need to be told twice. I ran out of the house, running towards Hyomin’s house. She came to me, but I was gone. She loves me still. I need to look for her so I could get everything clear. After running, catching a cab and all, I finally got to her house to see her being dragged away by that muscle man.

 

I groaned in displeasure. Not him again, why must he be there every time? I followed them to see him proposing to Hyomin. I couldn’t walk over and pulled Hyomin away because I felt my leg turned jelly. And to make it worse, Hyomin even accepted him!

 

Not being able to take the sadness again, I went off, heading home, not being able to comprehend what I just saw.

 

“So… how’s you and Hyomin?” Mrs. Kim asked when I stepped foot in the house again. I shook my head. “She’s already taken. She’s engaged officially today.”

 

“But… I don’t remember her having a boyfriend though? My head immediately shot up at her sentence. “Maybe you were mistaken again?” I thought carefully and nodded. Maybe I mistook it already. I shouldn’t jump to conclusions actually.

 

After sorting out my thoughts, I ran up to my room, and wore my suit, took out the ring that I bought 5 years ago. Yeah, I wasn’t joking though when I said I wanted to marry her 5 years ago. I even bought the ring that time, what do you expect?

 

Without hesitating, I started advancing to Hyomin’s house again. Yes, I’m going to propose to her. I don’t care whether if she really is with that Lee Joon guy. I’m still going to propose and tell her how I felt. At least I tried, didn’t I?

 

Once I reached her house, I began knocking on her door and waited for her to open the door. The moment she saw me at the doorstep, her eyes became wide open. “’Woo…WooHyun, what are you doing here at this time?” I ignored her and just walked into her house, closing the door as I walked in.

 

With her confused expression still on her face, I knelt down, pulled out the ring and cleared my throat. “I don’t care whether you’ve been taken by that Lee Joon guy, or you already have some other boyfriend. What I’m going to ask you now is… Will you marry me Park Hyomin? I know I’m late by 5 years but still, I’m sincere. Marry me and be mine officially so there is no need for me to fret over the fact that you are really popular with guys.”

 

After my speech, I could see a tear trickling down her face and that made me paranoid. Why is she crying right now? I stood up and wiped away the tears that disrupted her beautiful face. “What’s wrong Hyomin, please don’t cry…”

 

She pushed me away slightly and wiped off her tears and coughed. “No, I’m fine WooHyun, it’s ok.”

 

I smiled a little and prompted the question again. “So… will you…”

 

Before I could finish my sentence, she started talking already.

 

“Nam WooHyun…”

 

She paused a while before she continued, making me anticipate, but only to crush my heart instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m not agreeing to your proposal. I will not marry you.”

 

729329pwivylpc9n.gif729329pwivylpc9n.gif


Updated, sorry for being slow.

I will be fast these days because I want to finish this story already so I can start my new ones!

So does anybody know why Hyomin rejected him? xD